Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Don't neglect the taco thread as part of your resume

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Oh snap, your not in Minnesota anymore. I just live mostly in the non internet world and in a small town that talks.
    looks like you live in the internet world and talk scary
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    looks like you live in the internet world and talk scary
    SuperGaper lives in a lot of worlds. Including the internet world. He's also one of the best dudes I've ever met.

Media310 on the other hand is just a dick. The awesome news is you can just ignore him. Its not hard!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    SuperGaper lives in a lot of worlds. Including the internet world. He's also one of the best dudes I've ever met.

Media310 on the other hand is just a dick. The awesome news is you can just ignore him. Its not hard!
    truth

at this point, i prefer media310...
    Zone Controller

3/3/15 Pass

showboarding -30

cool pics tho
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Nope, but you should still stop by Pepi's to have a talk about your flippant attitude about avalanches. I can tell you some things. Just sayin'
    Out of curiosity do you care to exaggerate?

Remotely triggered the south side of the Shadow transition area today by crossing over the ridge into the sun. Thin (6in) slab that ran on a 1F crust. Sluggish slide. Photo should pop up on the BT event map.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Noticed this from across the way today, never felt comfortable skiing that particular slope anyways..

Sun got on that new snow big time today, its that time of year. Looks windy as hell up above 9k or so right now, major plumeage, cool sight.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Out of curiosity do you care to exaggerate?

Remotely triggered the south side of the Shadow transition area today by crossing over the ridge into the sun. Thin (6in) slab that ran on a 1F crust. Sluggish slide. Photo should pop up on the BT event map.

A he's referring to Mike's (media310) bashing another bud around here who lost a bud in an avalanche. Pretty snarky (uncalled for) comments.

That said Mike's recent photos are rad!

Duh. Forgot about that.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    A he's referring to Mike's (media310) bashing another bud around here who lost a bud in an avalanche. Pretty snarky (uncalled for) comments.

That said Mike's recent photos are rad!
    dude he snowboards, those guys are cavedwellers
    Zone Controller

Awoke to a strange sound this morning, it took me a sec to figure it out. Holy crap, a snowplow! It's been a looong time since I've heard the scrape of the blade in the valley.

Went to where I knew the underlying snow surface was smooth, it skied pretty good for a "paint job" storm.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

nasty breakable crust on twin slides this evening...an unpleasant surprise

Was pleasantly surprised how decent the skiing was at the village yesterday with the 5 new inches.

For those coming to visit- the coverage on the mtn is still excellent despite the valley having very little snow

thoughts on people using the pass being on the same radio channel? Is this something moving forward that would benefit our backcountry ski community? Rumor has it the CAIC is doing something like this up in Telluride for backcountry users in Bear Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    thoughts on people using the pass being on the same radio channel? Is this something moving forward that would benefit our backcountry ski community? Rumor has it the CAIC is doing something like this up in Telluride for backcountry users in Bear Creek.
    Do you even read what you write before you post it? Do you think "how will someone else read what I'm about to write". In this case, I don't think anyone gets what you are saying...

"thoughts on people using the pass being on the same radio channel?"

I use a radio on the pass sometimes. Usually with a buddy who is also on the same channel. It does benefit me! And it certainly benefits me a lot more than us being on different channels. Ha! Good Talk!

Are you saying a universal radio channel so we don't drop in on each other? What are you saying?

you jackson hole maggots are all over each other... geez ... chill out

he is saying that if all used the same channel then less accidents and more communication. more sitreps
    Zone Controller

Got some family coming in to town next week anyone know of any hook ups at the Village? Best I've got right now is telling them to buy multiple days at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    Got some family coming in to town next week anyone know of any hook ups at the Village? Best I've got right now is telling them to buy multiple days at once.
    I have one 50% off coupon left that it doesn't look like Ill be using. Shoot me a PM if you want it. Also if you let me know how many you might need I can ask around if other friends have any they wont be using.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Just fyi, cold temps on everything but south has kept settled powder still in play. And actually found some corn down low, straight south on exit today. Small wind slab from the north pulled out with a kick off the south ridge of Taylor onto the s face, pockety problem but bigger and pushier up high, so I hear.

anyone been above 10k in the park in the last couple days and have any beta on conditions?

This from Aaron last night:

Dense pow up high on the top of the SE face and a thin (2-4in) softening wind slab down lower over a crust. warming quickly.

Everything high and north facing is pretty stripped and firm but still dry.

Skied some "almost" corn on Taylor today. A few more days of melt freeze and it'll probably be mostly corn.