Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    this line get skied much? No mention of it in Tom's book

photo was from early season.. Stared at it today for some time. Committed line that much is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    This from Aaron last night:

Dense pow up high on the top of the SE face and a thin (2-4in) softening wind slab down lower over a crust. warming quickly.

Everything high and north facing is pretty stripped and firm but still dry.
    Just FYI this was from the South Teton. Sliver was in full spring conditions by noon yesterday. Tons of folks out yesterday.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Coming from the NE, and being my first time here in Jackson, I hate you locals..... This place is just......wow. Here for the week and just in awe, if anyone wants to make some turns/ saftey meetings/ beers with a few mags from the ice coast, I'm staying at the hostel.......

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    Coming from the NE, and being my first time here in Jackson, I hate you locals..... This place is just......wow. Here for the week and just in awe, if anyone wants to make some turns/ saftey meetings/ beers with a few mags from the ice coast, I'm staying at the hostel.......
    I'll be mostly tied up this week but stop by the TGR HQ and say what up!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Anyone care to share some beta on how things are skiing up higher in the park? Anything transitioning to a good corn cycle yet on more southern lines?

I'll be skiing around Friday and Saturday at the Village...spring skiing yay...my non-powder streak continues!

^ at least you will be spring skiing on a snowpack deeper than 6-36"!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I'll be in on monday/tuesday or tuesday/wednesday!

I don't really care that the snow isn't all that good. I just love wyoming.

What's the plan for St. Patricks day!?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1426280569.099013.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	881.1 KB 
ID:	165192

Fuck, life sure is good in Jackson, eh?? Took this in the backyard a couple days ago.

And for a place that always complains about getting no real Spring, we sure do bitch when we actually have a mellow warm up. I'm all for the warm weather, fuck it!!
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

Spent Saturday though Tuesday skiing the village with the Mrs. I thought I'd be bummed out by the Spring conditions, but I found myself grinning ear to ear all week. Hard not to in JH, though!

Thought I saw tracks on the highest place you can ski around here?

Been finding good corn snow @ low elevation lately. A stout, slow to thaw crust has made for good skiing in smooth-surfaced terrain w/ 10"-20" (or less) snowpack. If a slope has ANY snow on it, you can ski it! I suspect warm nights will put an end to this.

Meager sunrise stoke :

"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

Not a bad two days tooling around the Village in crazy hot temps but highlight was definitely the three laps in Granite on Friday and Saturday. The snow in the ABC chutes was the most winery and most consistent so we stuck to a few variations in that area. Last lap was in Triple A chute with only a minor straightline out of the bottom crux...luckily the snow was wintery enough to shed speed before the snow switched to firm chunder. Thanks to Squirrel99 for taking a few laps.

Our accommodations...

Bluebird...

Squirrel99 in A chute...

Snow was chalky and smooth...

I'm not complaining...

Day 2 but a bit grey and frozen solid in the AM...

Not in Granite though...

Triple A was on the list...

Loving it...

THANKS JACKSON!!!

Two Canadians in town for the week hoping to link up with some friendly locals for spring turns in the sidecountry or the park. high fives and apres beers on us

Quote Originally Posted by Trace Hardslab View Post
    Thought I saw tracks on the highest place you can ski around here?
    Tuesday
    Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by astro View Post
    Tuesday's tracks were the ones I was looking at. Thanks astro.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

Spam: If anyone needs Targhee tix and Tram bars we're giving away a few pairs over the next 2 weeks. Caption contests on FB, but the odds are real good... https://www.facebook.com/KatesRealFood

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Spam: If anyone needs Targhee tix and Tram bars we're giving away a few pairs over the next 2 weeks. Caption contests on FB, but the odds are real good... https://www.facebook.com/KatesRealFood
    Cool new gig for you. I dig those bars. Don't forget to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    cool- Kate's bars are delicious. Saw my other half was your photo to caption on Friday- can we get some Kate's love for that??

That photos are so amazing. I like it.

interesting past 10 days eh my skins were getting depressed so we went slipping and sliding today

Anybody looking for housemates this summer +? _Aaron_ can vouch for me, we shared a space this season.

I'll be skiing around this Th-Su at the Village, pm if you want to make some turns. Up for slack country (w/ avi gear) if conditions are ok.

Dunfee, no shot out? I'll be at jackson for sprang brake 2016
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Dunfee, no shot out? I'll be at jackson for sprang brake 2016
    he might be busy working on your free movies...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

bummer..

40th Annual Snow King Hill Climb - CANCELED
    http://mtnweekly.com/sports/40th-ann...global-warming

avalanches reported in bounds today at the King? Sure was soupy up there yesterday