Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    It's part of the lease from GTNP. At least that's what Turiano's old book describes....

must mean the forest. Only park nexus is Granite...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

From what I know ski patrol responds to incidents OB only when the sheriffs office asks them to. When they do go OB, they are then working for the sheriffs office/TCSAR and not patrol.

Housing is a difficult issue. There isn't much undeveloped land around to build on that has close access to the bus routes, stores, etc. JHMR owns most of the Stilson lot but I'm guessing there would also be alot of backlash against much development there.

As far as staying open longer, there has been talk of adding a week or two to the end of the season so closing day is not a date set in stone by the forest service. The problem is that almost no destination visitors come that late in the season after spring break is over. With little revenue coming in its a hard sell to stay open longer.

Supergaper, JHMR hasn't been looking to purchase other retail stores. The Hoback purchase happened because H came to JHMR when he was looking to sell the business.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

there ain't any fat ladies round here, so...

it's not over folks 4/25/15 my usual stomping grounds got I love that run!!!

bike, run, tour repeat.. Starting to love spring and fall more then the other two season!
    #stoked

It's only stoke if it doesn't make the rest of us feel like pussies for not being out there too! JK nice work, and good to know the goods are almost always there if one is willing to put in the effort.

proper 4/26

Little mashed potatoie but its snowboarding in late April, stoked!!

skittles you going to post some up from today? Or save them for powder

Posted in sprocket rockets already, but figured I might get more traffic here.
    Any Jackson folk have a beater bike they might lend out Monday/Tuesday, so I can ride to Jenny lake in order to shred the gnarz? Bueller?

Fast, long running sluffs today.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

Had a great time riding lifts for one last time today at the ghee. Got pretty heavy later on and the fog rolled in but my one lap on Mary's was nice and deep. Saw some natural activity up above on peaked on my way down, most likely why it was closed one lap later.

so cool- they have a heli dropping new lift towers on snow king right now. it's like a larger than life video game

^totally. I'm wondering when the heli noise is going to get irritating from the office today.

what year?

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    From what I know ski patrol responds to incidents OB only when the sheriffs office asks them to. When they do go OB, they are then working for the sheriffs office/TCSAR and not patrol.
    Just to clarify: When Patrol gets a call of a incident OB (assuming it is not in GTNP) they notify SAR and, if they have staff available, say they will handle it. SAR is on standby in case the feces and the fan come together. The patrollers are still working for JHMR. If it is in GTNP then they would first notify Park Dispatch and things proceed depending on the type of incident.

Also, I think Supergaper was referring to JHMR potentially not renewing Pepi's lease in the white house. Last I heard it was renewed.

Hard for me to believe JHMR will ever add another week at the end of the season like they did in '97(?). It would have to be an earlier decision with some big marketing thrown in first.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post

what year?
    that is cool, 55?

Caught them moving concrete with the heli, I'd love to see a lift tower in the air

Jackson Hole Roll Call Winter 14/15

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430332543.811016.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	792.6 KB 
ID:	166648

Pow in the hourglasses Monday. Also, my ski broke, hindering other plans.

without being preachy..

Curran Seeley in Jackson is offering free counseling with a therapist if you feel alcohol may be causing issues in your life. Its just for April but odds are if you hit them up they won't turn you away

Felt good to talk about my breakup with booze! We ain't ever EVER getting back to together, to much other fun things to do..

Hey all, do any of you work at or have any connections to St. John's medical center? I'll be applying for the Sterile Processing Tech and Clinical Lab Assistant positions. Would love to hear about any similar opportunities too if anyone has any advice. I'll be graduating UC Berkeley in a couple weeks with a Public Health degree and biological sciences focus. Looking for a year of full or part time work before starting medical school.

When a user moves from Teton county that username ought to be suspended for review.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    When a user moves from Teton county that username ought to be suspended for review.
    I still have my Altaholic name after I left Alta, UT for Jackson six winters ago. I guess I am guilty of taking my name with me.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

That's not Teton county is it now
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by bennerlur View Post
    Hey all, do any of you work at or have any connections to St. John's medical center? I'll be applying for the Sterile Processing Tech and Clinical Lab Assistant positions. Would love to hear about any similar opportunities too if anyone has any advice. I'll be graduating UC Berkeley in a couple weeks with a Public Health degree and biological sciences focus. Looking for a year of full or part time work before starting medical school.
    I used to practice amateur gynecology there until they called the cops.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

Highways are filthy in around Jackson. Tons of trash everywhere. Come help make the area look like it did before we got here. The animals deserve as much. http://www.jacksonholechamber.com/ev...g-clean-up.php

And yes it will be raining, maybe even snowing..

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I used to practice amateur gynecology there until they called the cops.
    I always though Buster Hymen was an OBVYN for real, till I met him. Hilarity ensued:-)

Cheers to everyone that came out this morning for the Chambers road side highway cleanup. So rad seeing all the little kids out doing their part! Start em young..

in a 3 miles section of Highway leading into Jackson from the Bird we collected 33 bags of trash. Each bag weighted easily 20lbs +...
    Last edited by media310; 05-09-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Shitty. Vibes to folks that knew the deceased. Stay safe out there.

http://m.jhnewsandguide.com/news/tow....html?mode=jqm
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.