Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    y they announced official Fri open, which makes more sense
    I'm headed out of town tomorrow to help my mom move from VT to JH. She doesn't ski anymore but she's excited to 'drive us to the top of the mountain' which I'm psyched about since I hate dealing with the parking up there.

Fun walk around the south side before work this AM. That harder layer underneath is super supportable, never broke through at all. With a nice soft few inches on top it made for some beautifully edgeable, schmearable, surfable pow skiing. Surf the Earth!!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    ... surfable pow skiing. Surf the Earth!!
    Unless your doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahk48h7P4ts (which is uber f*cking lame, even at JAWS) please refrain from talking about surfing and skiing in the same sentence. Glad to hear the pass is skiing well! Now as a snowboarder if I say I skied blah blah blah that's totally acceptable bro brah lingo see ya charterers again this weekend, save me a spot on the pass

We're in Wyoming and we'll describe skiing however the hell we want to. If its surfy then by god its surfy. Surfing isn't only for the liberal commie bastards on the coast. If you don't like it, then take your happy ass to California and take your fucking snowboard with you.

Fast graupel fun last couple days. Very supportive.

"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by Trace Hardslab View Post
    Very supportive.
    Don't you mean surfy
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trace Hardslab View Post

1000 words^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    that is pretty cool looking, about a dozen too many turns for me but still cool looking
    Because Praxis RX.

That's a seriously great photo, hardslab.

ya, it's kinda like super sweet maritime-ish-esque spongecake bouncy pow. finest kind consistency.

couple from today

Looks surfy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10860840_10102077815602729_5064324270126218538_o.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	435.6 KB 
ID:	161245

Name:	10644209_10102320679237309_669273996820664032_o.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	407.6 KB 
ID:	161244

It's been a slow start to the season in the Wasatch, so I decided to take a drive up to my old stomping grounds on my days off. The universe aligned and I had two killer high-pressure days with a stable snowpack. We skied fun surfy graupelpowder on shady aspects on Glory and Taylor on Monday, then got a solid alpine start and managed to get up and ski this well before the low elevation skinning got all gloppy and miserable. A bit firm up there but it made for easy booting at least. And the weather was sublime with bright sun and almost no wind. Plenty more graupel surfing on the way back to the flats, too. These were my second and third touring days of the year and my feet and quads are feeling it today. Killer mini-vacation that made every inch of my soul miss the Tetons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peace_coast View Post

Name:	10860840_10102077815602729_5064324270126218538_o.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	435.6 KB 
ID:	161245

Name:	10644209_10102320679237309_669273996820664032_o.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	407.6 KB 
ID:	161244

It's been a slow start to the season in the Wasatch, so I decided to take a drive up to my old stomping grounds on my days off. The universe aligned and I had two killer high-pressure days with a stable snowpack. We skied fun surfy graupelpowder on shady aspects on Glory and Taylor on Monday, then got a solid alpine start and managed to get up and ski this well before the low elevation skinning got all gloppy and miserable. A bit firm up there but it made for easy booting at least. And the weather was sublime with bright sun and almost no wind. Plenty more graupel surfing on the way back to the flats, too. These were my second and third touring days of the year and my feet and quads are feeling it today. Killer mini-vacation that made every inch of my soul miss the Tetons!!!
    Well done! That is one pretty line...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

these two came charging down the skin track and onto the road. For a second they eyed the Glory Boot Pack..

That's awesome! The swamp donkeys have been on the move lately.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

Awesome Avy night tonight! Too bad the TGR party was scheduled for the same night, thought not that it would have mattered with the fully booked crowd at the Center for the Arts. Great crowd and thanks to everyone involved who helped make it happen.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

good avi night although we lingered too long out in the lobby/ booth area and they wouldn't let anymore people in to see the presenters. Pretty impressive to fill all 550 seats given that just a couple yrs ago it was maybe a quarter of this size crowd at snow king

I love your neck of the woods but shit is it getting crowded. 550 at an avi night? Good thing there are more places to ski than the pass and the village.

yeah great turnout last night. We didn't roll in till around 7, so needless to say didn't make it into the auditorium. It's awesome to see the community coming out in full force. How was the keynote speaker? Did he take full responsibility for the groups actions.. Would have liked to have seen that.

People left after the third raffle and there were open seats on the lower level for the final presentations. I'll leave others to chime in on the quality of my talk and how it was received. I'm very humbled to have been able to present in both Mike and Steve Romeo's memory. Media310, if you want to know more, check out the Puckerface thread in the Slide Zone and also the published article from April 2014 on americanavalancheassociation.org; that might help answer your specific questions.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Good talk Schralph. Thanks for putting yourself out there and talking about your group's mistakes. This discussion needs to happen again and again.

Nice job on the speech. I think sharing a picture of the crowds reaction is enough to tell how it was received.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is on Powderwhore's newsletter, but according to this guy, we can all go fuck ourselves while he crushes the Salt River Range. Shit is pretty funny:

I board, but fuck this guy!