Any surfing around Hilton Head, SC?

Headed out to Hilton Head, SC at the end of the month for a family thing. Is there any decent surfing around that place?

Otherwise, is there anything else fun to do on that Island beside golf/tennis? I know there's decent fishing. I used to go when I was a kid but looking at the place now, there doesn't seem to be much to do if you aren't an Ohio yuppie.

Lastly, anyone know of some decent restaurants? Any info appreciated.

Hugh Conway Guest
    still can't look at afucking map can you stud?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    still can't look at afucking map can you stud?
    Still so predictable my little internet stalker. Keep ratcheting up your insult with edits till someone responds Hugh. Pathetic.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Still so predictable my little internet stalker.
    that's right, you are so fucking special fat chic. what's pathetic is a bro who swings his dick like you do asking these kind of questions.

Asking for some advice about a family vacation to the east coast is dick swinging? I guess to a guy who can't stop hurling insults from his mom's basement, it doesn't take much. You are a special kind of stupid Hugh. The Asperger's is strong with your obsession on being the biggest hater on TGR

Hugh Conway Guest
    if you are so up your own mountain bro ass you don't get it, you don't get it

being hated by a bunch of assholes like you shreddies is a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    if you are so up your own mountain bro ass you don't get it, you don't get it

being hated by a bunch of assholes like you shreddies is a trophy.
    But I love you HughBro, you are the biggest Bro around, that's the real irony!

Now do you know of any good surf spots in SC or not?

My boyfriends parents live in HHI and we have a lot of fun when we visit. Although I guess we tend to not be as active and just be beach bums since we don't get much ocean time in Wyo paddling broad crk in kayaks is fun - you can chk out all the huge fancy beach homes and it's a bit more protected from open ocean. The pathway systems around the island are also decent so bike cruising could be fun depending on the ages in your fam and esp since it shouldn't be ungodly hot this time of yr.
    I can't recall the names of the restaurants we hit up but I'll try to remember to ask and send along some recs. Have fun!

oh -to your initial question too- I've never seen anyone surfing there nor have I seen any waves that seemed large enough although I am not really a surfer myself so I may not be the best judge of what is surfable

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    oh -to your initial question too- I've never seen anyone surfing there nor have I seen any waves that seemed large enough although I am not really a surfer myself so I may not be the best judge of what is surfable
    I remember going there as a kid and there being "Surf Shops" but from what I see, it's mostly long boards and paddleboards.
    I also remember cruising the bike paths around the island, we'll definitely be doing that, to a few bars. I remember the Salty Dog being one place we would go, other than that it's pretty blurry.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    you are the biggest Bro around
    lulz. keep it up, now we've some "positivity" in here.

They have a surf report, so Im guessing they get some surf.

http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...south-carolina

Maybe with a long board you may get some fun stuff

Surfline has a live cam further up the coast

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...outheast_5293/

Looks like washouts is closer to Charelston though.

Here is the forecast for Hilton Head

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...outheast_5300/

It's an R month ... go to Hudson's. But go to the bar area and not the restaurant. Order up a tray of oysters and a pitcher. Then win.

I surfed a kayak at some small river outlet toward the north end of the east facing coast. It was a small right hander. With a touch of swell, one could have stood on a log perhaps. Mostly small close out from what I recall.

I enjoyed paddling the tidal rivers around the backside of the island. If I remember there in only one bridge to the mainland. I put in near there and rode the rapids on the out going tide north, then paddled back through channels in the estuary grass against the current, back under the bridge and up to some slack/more open water before riding the current back down stream. Could be fun to ride the tide out and back in.

If I were to try and surf there, I'd likely take a SUP to the creek mouth I surfed and hope for knee high waves.

Don't recall much for good food there, but this was over twenty years ago, so, yeah.

Hugh Conway Guest
    this place brings it every time, like clockwork.

so, you would consider it consistent then? something to be said for predictability.