Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Shit That Impresses You

I know it''s way more fun to whine and bitch, but sometimes good things happen and should be given props.

I took my laptop to get a new hard drive (purchased a year ago) installed yesterday and joked about it taking 15 minutes. The guy at Micro Center in Cambridge said, let me check with the technician and came back saying it would be ready in half an hour. I was expecting to be without the TGRz for a week... I was totally blown away.

So I went to Tasty Burger to get lunch, where I struck up a conversation with the guy waiting next to me. Turns out, he was buying a bunch of extra burgers to hand out to various homeless people in Harvard Square. I was very impressed again... couple small things made me feel good about being human.

I know there's more good shit out there.... right?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Sweet blog

worst thread ever.
    take 15 laps
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    worst thread ever.
    take 15 laps
    But who's gonna feed you when you lose your spacership?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Hugh Conway Guest
    I'm impressed that on this clown-car of stupid board, another clown keeps getting out of the Audi RS6 w/tdi.

people who don't pretend at shit they actually can't or don't or won't

people who don't confuse internet with reality

I'm impressed by creaky.

I mean, it takes fucking staying power to be so unwaveringly miserable all the time. I'm not even mad I'm impressed!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

^^^the French call it joie de vivre
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Hugh Conway Guest
    that's two more! dowork even brought a pair of Worth skis! the ski that's like a lobotomy!

For 2015 Worth presents the "Joie de Vivre." Have you been reading creaky fossil and Hugh Conway posts all day on TGR coming away feeling like you're a sack of shit? Or perhaps you're tired of taking laps after every post? Well, it doesn't mean you can't still enjoy life, retard. So put the gun away, it's not your time to quit the game of life just yet--UPS just delivered your new skis. All "Joie de Vivre's" come pre-drilled with inserts to accept your bindings, because you would probably fuck up the mount, you stupid shit. Screw the bindings in, and you're ready to go ski. Worth is so confident these will put a smile on your face we guarantee 100% satisfaction or your money back. Just don't cross thread the screws you fucking fuck, otherwise we won't take them back.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I'm impressed by creaky.

I mean, it takes fucking staying power to be so unwaveringly miserable all the time. I'm not even mad I'm impressed!
    clockwork, WooDork starts from an assumption (grouchy, life-hating) and thus sees it everywhere, his metaphorical hammer seeking nails in every surface.

you realize that projection shows us your weak points in your self-image, right?

I'm impressed. a branding master of the image-bait (hence, a bait-er) catering to lovers of an "irony" which lacks irony, he says that I'm the hater. your corrosion of irony, your depreciation of the substantive, your boosting of the superficial: these things show a hollow man who hates himself and others.

I got $20 off my dry cleaning bill. But I had to argue for it, so it's kind of canceled out.

But $20 is $20 FTMFW!

^^

Jebus, you need meds, or more likely, a new cocktail mix because the current regimen is failing miserably!

I don't hate the homeless in general (been there), but the ones that hang in Harvard Square are a special batch of fucking disgusting worthlessness.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I watched an impressive amount of rain fall yesterday, but no snow well above pass level... depressive.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

both wildcat and bretton woods offering free skiing on opening day was quite impressive, imo.

I've been impressed by boobs since infancy

The ridiculous, escalating, over-pricing of Kentucky bourbons over the past 5 years has been impressive.

Same for Napa wines going back 15 years.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    clockwork, WooDork starts from an assumption (grouchy, life-hating) and thus sees it everywhere, his metaphorical hammer seeking nails in every surface.

you realize that projection shows us your weak points in your self-image, right?

I'm impressed. a branding master of the image-bait (hence, a bait-er) catering to lovers of an "irony" which lacks irony, he says that I'm the hater. your corrosion of irony, your depreciation of the substantive, your boosting of the superficial: these things show a hollow man who hates himself and others.

Oh no, you misread me I'm not taking offense at all I am just passively recognizing the amount of effort you put into being miserable about things in general and honestly have to respect it because it takes effort to be so committed in any endeavor. Do your thing my man, you're killing it out there and you have my full endorsement!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Hugh Conway Guest
    I'm impressed by the continued douche people like DoWork bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    I'm impressed by the continued douche people like DoWork bring.

I forgot how mad you get when someone talks to your girl haha... When you & 'ol creaky tying the knot anyways? I hope I'm invited!!

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    ^^

Jebus, you need meds, or more likely, a new cocktail mix because the current regimen is failing miserably!
    Or he needs to switch to Ketamine Speedballs, which would be impressive although somewhat dated.

Quote Originally Posted by thewon View Post
    both wildcat and bretton woods offering free skiing on opening day was quite impressive, imo.
    So did SR, but it was a cluster fuck. That place blows anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Oh no, you misread me I'm not taking offense at all I am just passively recognizing the amount of effort you put into being miserable about things in general and honestly have to respect it because it takes effort to be so committed in any endeavor. Do your thing my man, you're killing it out there and you have my full endorsement!
    I see your 3 seconds spent studying corpobot speechifying obfuscatory word-warping is paying off. all those words, and not a sensible idea in the mix. fuckin' a, that's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Or he needs to switch to Ketamine Speedballs, which would be impressive although somewhat dated.
    I laughed!