Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    FYI, FLS...

Next time, you can pick up one of these at HD for $30. Well worth the piece of mind (especially with stain).

You're right, tho... Sikkens is a great product. And impressive job keeping the stain off the roof, too.

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    FYI, FLS...

Next time, you can pick up one of these at HD for $30. Well worth the piece of mind (especially with stain).

You're right, tho... Sikkens is a great product. And impressive job keeping the stain off the roof, too.

What's the wheel for?--I assume you the ladder up the roof on the wheel and then flip it over--correct?
    One of my proudest possessions is a leg extension for my ladder, since I live on a hillside.

Modern medicine.

So for my milestone upcoming B-day my awesome brother offered to take me on a Colorado trip to ride bicycles next weekend. This was before i had my bicycle fall on Labor Day and broke my hip. I had total hip replacement the following night Tuesday and I thought we would have to call it off, but didn't cancel my flight thinking even if I couldn't make it I would provide motivation to speed things up. I was walking without a walker or assistance that Friday.

I was at PT this past Wednesday and I mentioned it to the therapist and she laughed. I told her I feel better every day and she said we'll get you on the stationary bike Friday (yesterday) and see how you feel. It actually felt really good and loose after only 10 minutes and i was able to push pretty hard.
    I took a 2 mile test ride on my hybrid bike today and feel good, although my stamina is down after no exercise for a few weeks. I'll increase during the week and expect to be making the trip on Friday. I won't be pounding hills like we planned, but I think we will be able to do some decent rides. Colorado is beautiful and the Dillon/Frisco area we are going is laid out well for bicyclists. I'll know more mid-week.

Go figure.

Whoa, get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    Nice
    I love the truck bed loading ramp tied to the top of the ladder.
    I had to look at the pic a few times before I realized that wasn’t a skylight

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Modern medicine.

Go figure.

Just an FYI. I was on a bike within 24 hours of my THR. I just rode rail trails, but at least it was riding.

Wow, how old were you and was yours a broken hip or a scheduled hip replacement? I assume that was anterior hip replacement as that has a quicker recovery time. Either way, that is more than impressive, truly incredible. How are you doing now?

Edit to say you should create a new thread Things that are Amazing, cross post to Crazy Mag thread.
    Last edited by JongDoe; 09-28-2019 at 06:28 PM.

54, 7 years on a scheduled anterior replacement. Ski and bike a lot.

Sitting on the couch with ice machine. 3 weeks post op shoulder surgery.
    This hurts way more.

Wow. Yeah, hip was more of a nuisance than painful. I took 1 perc at night for a while just to get comfortable or I would not be able to sleep well. Congrats and good luck with the shoulder.

I'll probably find out Friday about both my hips, this ^^ is encouraging, thanks. Note to self: Don't fuck up shoulder.

Get in the pool and walk ASAP.
    Water aerobics class was $10. PT runs $120/hr.

Get well soon everyone!

Golf shoe territory

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    A 32'r would be more better...

Excellent execution on many levels

Important tools deserve important places.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Get in the pool and walk ASAP.
    Water aerobics class was $10. PT runs $120/hr.

Get well soon everyone!
    Yes, i went to the pool this a.m. and swam 500 meters and walked around a bit. I should've done that earlier. Money/ Good luck Iceman.

So I was supposed to fly on Southwest yesterday but some shit came up so I changed it to today. When I'm leaving the house this morning I pull up the app to check in and there's nothing there. I freak out a little and look into it, turns out I somehow fucked up changing it and it didn't take and as far as they knew I just didn't show up for my flight yesterday.

In 5 minutes on the phone in the car with Southwest I explain what happened, they refund the points (the fact that I am a Southwest A member is probably somewhat relevant), then they turn around and apply the points to today's flight, and text me a boarding pass, all while I'm driving to the airport.

Cost me zero delay and zero money (or points). 5 minutes on the phone and all is well.

Every other airline would have fucked me hard.

Southwest impresses me.

I <3 Southwest.

Assigned seats are overrated.

agreed SW rocks, especially when traveling with ski or golf gear. Now if they will only open up flights to Denver and/or Albuquerque for ski season, currently down for 737 max

The thing about SW is they're not constantly trying to rob you. This is amazing in the current business climate. I applaud it.

Love SW...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Clearly it's the airline for morons like me.

The problem with assigned seats...is that you have no control over who assigns themselves the seat next to you.

With SW I've found that the best defense is a good offense.

Would be cool if SW was at my local airport. And they need a new name since they have long since expanded out of the southwest.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Would be cool if SW was at my local airport. And they need a new name since they have long since expanded out of the southwest.
    And what are your thoughts on American flying overseas and Alaska flying in the lower 48?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    And what are your thoughts on American flying overseas and Alaska flying in the lower 48?
    Ban them! And delete the threads! Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    The problem with assigned seats...

With SW I've found that the best defense is a good offense.
    Ditto that. I usually eat some funky stuff and then break wind once I've found an aisle seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Total thread drift just to say that every time I read the Lou Reed quote in Meadow's sig it makes me happy. Thanks for that.