Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Fernando Luis Alvarez doesn't give a fuck. Good for him.

A Gallery Owner Was Arrested After Leaving a 10-Foot Heroin Spoon Sculpture Outside OxyContin Maker Purdue Pharma

https://time.com/5320384/fernando-lu...purdue-pharma/

Too bad he's not President.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Shit That Impresses You

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Today's challenge - Find a single reason not to be impressed:

https://i.imgur.com/me0ROhp.gifv
    Not stuck, knees bent.

Also I just want to say any of you old fuckers catch a baseball, you definitely give it to a kid. And if you’re at a game and you see somebody not give it to kid, you should yell at him and shame him into doing it. Especially those fuckers that throw their hands up in the victory touchdown sign like they just did something important. We had season tickets for 10 years or so to the A’s and this was standard procedure in our section. I never saw this not happen in our area.

Oh, and hummingbirds, bats, and actually most animals impress me.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Not stuck, knees bent.

Also I just want to say any of you old fuckers catch a baseball, you definitely give it to a kid. And if you’re at a game and you see somebody not give it to kid, you should yell at him and shame him into doing it. Especially those fuckers that throw their hands up in the victory touchdown sign like they just did something important. We had season tickets for 10 years or so to the A’s and this was standard procedure in our section. I never saw this not happen in our area.

Oh, and hummingbirds, bats, and actually most animals impress me.
    Steve Bartman could have saved himself a lot of grief if he had given the ball to a kid and let the kid catch the flak.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Fernando Luis Alvarez doesn't give a fuck. Good for him.

A Gallery Owner Was Arrested After Leaving a 10-Foot Heroin Spoon Sculpture Outside OxyContin Maker Purdue Pharma

https://time.com/5320384/fernando-lu...purdue-pharma/
    Ironic how HE ends up arrested yet the pharma execs continue to laugh all the way to the bank. Good for him, though. Perfect piece that made just the right point.

Truth to power.

‘Step outta line, the man come and take you away’

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Truth to power.

‘Step outta line, the man come and take you away’

Damn I'm getting old. I had to look that one up and I was a huge Buffalo Springfield fan.

Out of a dozen eggs 10 had dbl yolks. You go girl!

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

fertility drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

I used to candle eggs back in the day and we pulled the double yolks out for special dozens. Also pulled out the blood eggs.

I saw my dentist today. She had a knee replaced 2 weeks ago, and said she was back to work last week. Tough lady, although she didn't seem to be having fun.

Especially after last year!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I saw my dentist today. She had a knee replaced 2 weeks ago, and said she was back to work last week. Tough lady, although she didn't seem to be having fun.
    That's encouraging as I'm going to need one soon. In fact, I'm going for a follow up today, but will probably have to go through some type of exhaust all avenues first protocol exercises. I just want to get it over with.

How A 10-Year-Old-Boy Helped Apollo 11 Return To Earth

A half-century ago, America's dreams were realized in space. The power of U.S. innovation and spirit took the Apollo 11 crew to the moon and back.

That mission was possible because of a diverse team of engineers, astronauts and mathematicians. It was also possible thanks to the help of one 10-year-old boy who was in the right place at the right time.

In 1969, Greg Force lived in Guam, where his father, Charles Force, worked as the director of a NASA tracking station that helped connect the capsule with NASA Mission Control for voice communication.

"I loved it," Force told his daughter, Abby Force, in a StoryCorps interview. "I looked up to him a huge amount. Not only was it a prestigious job, but he was very good at it."

After Apollo 11 began its departure from the moon, a problem arose — a bearing had broken in the dish antenna needed to track the ship. Without it, NASA risked losing the ability to communicate with the capsule as it approached Earth.

Scrambling to find a solution, Charles called home, hoping that Greg's child-size dimensions could be of assistance. He asked Greg to come to the tracking station and squeeze his arm through the antenna's access hole and pack grease around the bearing.
    The 10-year-old rose to the challenge and scampered up the ladder.

"I would take a big handful of grease — you know, you squish it," Greg says. "It comes out between your fingers, and I stuck them down in there and packed them the best I could."

Greg succeeded, and on Day 8 of the Apollo mission, a NASA public affairs officer noted his contribution in an announcement from Apollo Control:

"The bearing was replaced with the assistance of a 10-year-old boy named Greg Force who had arms small enough that he could work through a 2½ inch diameter hole to pack [the bearing]."

The rest is history. This month, America celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, an event firmly planted in the nation's collective memory.

"Now that I look back on it, I'm very proud," Greg says. "Not especially anything amazing that I did, but that I happened to be in the right place at the right time. I'm also proud that my dad trusted me enough ... to do it."

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

haha i was just going to write that i was impressed with my 8 year old averaging 2 putts a hole in his first golf tournament

The store was open for six of the nine years he was missing
    http://Body found behind cooler in a...SgSko0-CmF8tlA
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

AOC

I was at the Janelia research campus today.

https://www.hhmi.org/programs/biomed...esearch-campus

It's incredible how nice it is and the talent assembled there is off the charts
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

If they can grow a new liver.....
    http://I Guess You Can Grow a Human ...Ta2Gc2ViWdbIFg
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

four brothers from DC rescue Irish girl who was drifting out to see on an inflatable. They swam a half mile in the Irish Sea to reach her. The right guys at the right place at the right time--ex swim racers and one ex CG rescue swimmer.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.1b0e8f8ecc42

I sent my integrated amp to the factory (Sim Audio) in Quebec for service. Last Thursday, I received an email that the work was conpleted and after paying for the service via credit card, they would ship imediately using three (3) day priority somethingoranother.

Within minutes of paying, UPS sent me an email woth tracking number, etc. The next morning, there was a UPS email waiting for me stating that my amp had cleared customs around midnight, made it to Louisville by 2:30 AM, and was currently outside of Denver, and, finally, that delevery was scheduled for that same day. I'm like, "No fucking way, Jose!". But, a few hours later, I was informed that the amp had made Durango and was on a truck for delivery.

UPS truck showed up around fo
    Five that evening (5:00 PM), just about 27 hours following payment. I was seriously fucking impressed. Wish that all my shipping experiences were this pleasant.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

The way this plant attaches...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1740.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	650.0 KB 
ID:	289601

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I sent my integrated amp to the factory (Sim Audio) in Quebec for service. Last Thursday, I received an email that the work was conpleted and after paying for the service via credit card, they would ship imediately using three (3) day priority somethingoranother.

Within minutes of paying, UPS sent me an email woth tracking number, etc. The next morning, there was a UPS email waiting for me stating that my amp had cleared customs around midnight, made it to Louisville by 2:30 AM, and was currently outside of Denver, and, finally, that delevery was scheduled for that same day. I'm like, "No fucking way, Jose!". But, a few hours later, I was informed that the amp had made Durango and was on a truck for delivery.

UPS truck showed up around fo
    Five that evening (5:00 PM), just about 27 hours following payment. I was seriously fucking impressed. Wish that all my shipping experiences were this pleasant.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's very nice, but it's sad that someone just doing their job impresses us. And it does.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    four brothers from DC rescue Irish girl who was drifting out to see on an inflatable. They swam a half mile in the Irish Sea to reach her. The right guys at the right place at the right time--ex swim racers and one ex CG rescue swimmer.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.1b0e8f8ecc42
    Good news is always nice to read.

Toss up between this thread and the thankful thread. CBS ran this last night. Great story but nothing new around here - neighbors helping neighbors is more common than not around these parts. It's what I love about this place.

Community Comes Together To Help Harvest Ritzville Farmer's Wheat While He Battles Cancer

A 1,200 acre farm in Ritzville, Washington, was invaded over the weekend by around 60 neighbors. It was harvest time for Larry Yockey's wheat.

But Yockey, 63, is battling stage 4 skin cancer and could no longer work his fields. When fellow farmers in Adams County found out, they got to work organizing a harvest for the fourth-generation farmer. Mike Doyle was among them.

"I'm just glad to be here and help where I can and where I'm needed," Doyle said.

The neighbors did three weeks worth of work in just six hours as Yockey, his wife and their three daughters looked on in awe.

"It's not describable the gratitude I have for what's going on," Yockey said.

Between Yockey and his daughters, their family knew everyone who came to help.

"I plan to be the fifth generation out farming our grounds some day, so yesterday we had a few moments that were bittersweet for the both of us," Yockey's daughter Amanda said.

Turns out he had a bumper crop of good neighbors in the heart of wheat country.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism