Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    ^that's funny. I had never been there before, but we looked at the venue online and it was great. They don't have many shows...2-3 a year, but Slightly Stoopid/Dirty Heads and then Willie Nelson is next. Chill vibe. It was good, real good.

Seems hilly and prime for good mtn biking down there...maybe?

I'm impressed by companies that answer the phone. Last time I called LL Bean, a human answered on one ring, no f'ing phone tree bs. Stop pretending that making me push a zillion buttons is customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44 View Post
    I'm impressed by companies that answer the phone. Last time I called LL Bean, a human answered on one ring, no f'ing phone tree bs. Stop pretending that making me push a zillion buttons is customer service.
    Agreed a million %! It's such a rarity these days that it's always shocking when you go right to a real person. Love it when that happens. Companies should learn that by not making customers go through a bunch of hoops to get to a real live person, that those customers would be far less angry when they talk to the customer service rep by not having to go through that.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    ^that's funny. I had never been there before, but we looked at the venue online and it was great. They don't have many shows...2-3 a year, but Slightly Stoopid/Dirty Heads and then Willie Nelson is next. Chill vibe. It was good, real good.

Seems hilly and prime for good mtn biking down there...maybe?
    Easiest venue ever to get from the lawn to the stage. Many of the people at those shows are complete idiots that have zero show etiquette. We saw TTB there last summer, earth wind and fire, Max Creek (seeing them tonight in enfield), Good biking in west Hartford at the reservoir off Farmington Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    Adults who get a shitload out of life while working and parenting their asses off- skiing, fishing, biking, seeing shows, playing team sports, raging, etc while staying on top of it all.

Edit: engrish
    thanks man, appreciate the recognition. I like your shoes.

Good head, Hosta's will to live, Cattle dogs, Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Good head
    giving it or getting it?

Does he have to choose?

I always impress myself. When others can perform as well, I am impressed.

CU Boulder and Mountain Sun pub n brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Best multiple rocket box use
    Attachment 167382
    Looks like a Sylvansport Go. Impressively overpriced, perhaps.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Watched a Seattle hipster run across six lanes of traffic in flip flops dude looked like Steven Segall running
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Watched a Seattle hipster run across six lanes of traffic in flip flops dude looked like Steven Segall running

"...
    "Shit! I missed." He mumbled under his breath.
    The preacher said, "Don't worry Bill, I got him with the gas can!"
    ..."

Kid flying downhill on a sk8 (shortboard - hard wheels) in Golden goes into a speed wobble, recovers, checks, continues, then checks again. Continuing at mach speed he transitions into a parking lot over the rough bumps etc between the road, sidewalk, and parking lot. That kid was fucking A-game all the way

Initially I thought I was about to call 911 and be picking up a bloody mess.

My son impresses the hell out of me. Never seems to care or plan ahead, never seems to spend a minute worrying about shit, but somehow he always pulls it off. In everything. Not sure how he does it. He's literally the king of the last minute. A special bonus is how insane it makes his mom.

Hipolito, our driver in Madrid. When the bombardment started it was as accurate as a railroad man's pocket watch and went on for 19 days. Yet Hipolito was never afraid. When the Fascists dropped a shell in front of our hotel, Hipolito parked our car there and went back to sleep in the drivers seat. He could find real whisky, even after midnight, not that Spanish imitation sewage that could eat through a boiled wool overcoat.

You knew he would fight in the streets if it came to that, standing bare-knuckled in a pile of his dead compatriots. And you knew he would burn his own city to the ground rather than let the Fascists have it. He never spoke about how willing he was to fight, the way Italians do before the bullets begin to fly. But when the shooting begins, you can have a dozen Marines or Wehrmacht. I will take one Hipolito.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    My son impresses the hell out of me. Never seems to care or plan ahead, never seems to spend a minute worrying about shit, but somehow he always pulls it off. In everything. Not sure how he does it. He's literally the king of the last minute. A special bonus is how insane it makes his mom.
    Your own kid impresses you... there's a suprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

What impresses me is the fact that the floating top bar is still here.

Try zooming in to write a post on your iphone or iPad, all you'll see is the gotdamned black tool bar. It's amazing. It doesn't contribute to ad revenue, no one likes it, and every time I start a thread about removing it Dunfee either moves it to the graveyard of "Ask TGR" or just deletes it.

Really impressive how steadfast they are with this thing.

Kudos Dunf.
    I still call it The Jake.

The generosity of this board
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

The tits on Lisa the bartender at the Zebra Club, 19th and P, Sacramento.

EDIT....and Larry's shoes.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Your own kid impresses you... there's a suprise.
    He's pretty amazing. For example I literally never saw him study once in high school, and he basically got straight A's at a very difficult high school. No idea how he did it.

Another example: at close of business last Thursday he didn't have a visa for his semester abroad as it required a background check with a certified translation and he hadn't even received the document yet. The Spanish consulate said it would take 3-5 weeks from receipt of that document until they issued the visa. Also he didn't have confirmation on the place he is going to live in Spain, and he didn't have contact information for the people they are renting from, or the address of the place, or any idea how he was getting from Madrid (where his plane landed) to Pamplona, where he will be living for a month. Monday afternoon he called us from the deck of his apartment in Pamplona. How the hell did he do it?

He's pretty amazing.
    I'm sure he is, but you're not really an impartial judge. 99.9% of parents think their kids are fantastic.

This is next-level ninja shit man.

This is next-level ninja shit man.
    Spanish ninjas aren't nearly as amazing as the Japanese ones.

The Spanish ninjas are way more ninja-y than the Japanese ones. I mean, have you ever even heard of them?