Dynafit One U-TF

Has anyone skied these? Great prices on STP with discounts. Looking for a nice mix of light but able to drive a bigger ski. Can find similar boots reviewed but not this one. Thanks

Killing it with the 3-5 year old crowd!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Bought a pair on there last yr. nicer bboot. Fit like merc/Vulcan but much softer. Skied a couple half days on hill and a day of touring. One day on hill and the touring day was w fat skis. Boot is really nice skiing when conditions are good. When the snow gets heavy of funky is when you notice the upper gets soft especially if you get in the backseat. Walk real nice. I'd put them in a quadrant flex range . Forward flex is better w the one than quadrant but more rear support w quadrant. One is much nicer boot all around though(just used that for comparison because similar flexing boots I've had recently) . Good BC boot. Wouldn't use as slackcountry / hill

Vulcan/merc/ONE all fit the same, besides being softer the ONE is a but lighter but you can't take the tongue out, think about going with the merc and having the option of removing the tongue if you want softer?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Where the hell was this thread yesterday??????
    Just picked up a pair for $200 yesterday. Taking them out this afternoon.
    I will add to thread what I experience. Skiing titans as my everyday. Before that had been on zzeus since 2008. I will say they (ones) are a lot lighter than the titan. Guess I will find out how they ski in an hour or so. Wildsnow had a pretty good bit of reviewing on them

I know already the bsl is 8mm different from the same size titan. I am planning to adjust bindings so I can go from titan to the One. Hopefully the extra 8 mm forward of center won't cause too many problems
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Can't wait to hear, I pulled the $200 trigger myself today. I figure if I wish they were stiffer I can turn em....

One U = urethane = heavier, softer when warm/stiffer when cold

One PX = pebax = lighter, more consistent flex through temperature range

TF = thermofit liner (Palau)

I bought a pair of the One U TF last season, but haven't skied them much at all. I molded the liners, which seem to be a little better than the older Dynafit stock liners (Titan), but still not as form-fitting as Intuitions. I have some old Intuition wrap liners that I'll probably try out in these boots this year -- hoping to increase the stiffness and improve the fit, but not sure how much it will decrease the flex in walk mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

they're 2 bills now? I paid 275 and turned them no prob(bought them for bsl and they were one size too big for me). if you can find some way to beef the tongue into a stiff one and/or have stiffer liner options it could make it one of the top options in boots. if I bought the right size I'd still have them and be looking for some little tweaks for performance. great compliment to my scarpa freedom sl's(fkn love this boot)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    One U = urethane = heavier, softer when warm/stiffer when cold

One PX = pebax = lighter, more consistent flex through temperature range

TF = thermofit liner (Palau)
    ok that makes sense. one u got real soft on the spring touring day when pow turned quick to full on slush(re sticky and punchy crap snow). much better when they were cold

I really dig my One Us...
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

One PX
    Here's my review.....titans for sale
    www.freeridesystems.com

I like mine. Maybe a little too soft when conditions get manky or crusty, but overall a decent boot. The stock liners blow, so I'm using Intuition Luxury Liners. I'm 145lbs.

^are those PX or U?
    www.freeridesystems.com

With the discount code and free shipping

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    One PX
    Here's my review.....titans for sale
    Haha less is more. A theme with those boots

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I like mine. Maybe a little too soft when conditions get manky or crusty, but overall a decent boot. The stock liners blow, so I'm using Intuition Luxury Liners. I'm 145lbs.
    If you have a high instep the stock liner will especially blow but you can easily cut that black thing off the front of the liner for relief or just get an apres market liner
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Got a pair off of STP, did my first tour with them up on quandary, amazing up hill, pretty good on the down hill, not too soft even though it was warm, after all I have really stiff alpine boots and didn't want the stiffest at boot, biggest problem: despite the great heel hold, the forefoot seems cavernous with the intuition I put in there, plus does anyone know the boot board angle on these/ forward lean, I feel really upright and not on the balls of my feet... Anyway to fix this, I just can't seem to get into the aggressive forward spot I like to ski in.... Solutions?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    despite the great heel hold, the forefoot seems cavernous with the intuition I put in there
    I'm still using the stock Dynafit liner, but I found that I had to put a thick boot board underneath my footbed (but inside the liner), to take up some of the vertical volume. Heel hold is satisfactory to me, with this mod. The laces also seem to help with heel hold.

No idea on how to address the forward lean issue; this doesn't bother me on these boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The heel hold is fine for me as is, it's just the front 1/2 to 1/3 of the foot is swimming
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    I just can't seem to get into the aggressive forward spot I like to ski in.... Solutions?
    When I looked at a pair I thought that you could take out the metal plate that the top buckle fits into when the boot is in ski mode. If you put it back in the other way up you will have increased forward lean?

Bought a pair of used "one" dynafit boots. This is the first boot that fits with no mods of any kind and a very thin sock. Love them - because of the fit! I think my mango maestrales were better on the downhill, unfortunately they did not fit well enough to keep. Got the Dynafits for 100 dollars, transaction took place in a Truckee parking lot. Put in new liners that cost me 150. So 250 dollars total. Love them!

I still tour on mine. Powerwrap and boosterstrap really improved their skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA