Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can Somebody Please Explain Pierre Mcguire To Me?

I don't get this fucking guy, and wondering how in the fuck he still has this job actually detracts from my enjoyment.

What am I missing? Is it some kind of Quebecky/frenchy thing that doesn't translate to my dumb American brain?

He's American isn't he? But yeah he sucks. NBC is totally wasting having Bob McKenzie in the studio with Milbury. Bob can hardly get a point across before Mad Mike is trying to interject about how someone isn't tough enough. NBC should do like they do for soccer and just hire a bunch of canucks to run it. You know those TSN folks don't have anything better to do.

Milbury I can handle...at least he had a notable career and tried to stab a guy with his skate and whatnot.

I don't think I know of one person who appreciates Pierre. I must be missing something.

I can't explain him since I can't understand a word he says. Mike Emrick OTOH is an international treasure--up there with Ernie Harwell and Harry Carey in baseball. And turn of the sound and try doing play by play of a hockey game sometime--it's harder than playing the game.

You could just not watch people analyze professional sports like it's actually something important.
    idk how people watch that shit. It might actually be worse than teen dramas. Those are at least so bad they're funny.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

didn't Hunter S Thompson slag on the press covering themselves ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Last year during the playoffs I googled Pierre because I wanted to know what the fuck was up with the fucking guy. It didn't help.

if it makes you feel any better, most Canadians don't like him either.

He actually lives down the street from me- no shit. Throws back like 6 beers in under 30 mins, so that's something I guess. Tells funny stories about playing in Europe. Wife is kinda Hawt. Kid is a decent skater-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    He's American isn't he? But yeah he sucks...
    According to Wiki:
    McGuire was born in Englewood Hospital and Medical Center in Englewood, New Jersey to a French-Canadian mother and an Irish-American father.[2][3][4] He grew up in the Montreal area, (Mount Royal, Westmount, and Sainte-Adèle) and attended Lower Canada College.[4][5][6]

In 1977 his family moved to Cresskill, New Jersey due to anti-anglophone sentiment in Montreal that made it difficult for McGuire's father, Rex, to run his car dealership.[7][8] McGuire attended Bergen Catholic High School where he played football and hockey.[7]

we're in the age of the artisanal curator perspective, so the true explanation is this: his first name is Pierre, that makes him "exotic" while not actually giving us a French attitude.

this guy

He was rumored to have a shot at getting the GM job in Montreal for a while too.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    this guy

He was rumored to have a shot at getting the GM job in Montreal for a while too.

Ha...Turco is a fucking legend

Dude is probably the best locker room guy in history of the league

Also this is perfect....

If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Mandatory gif for any Pierre McGuire post.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post

LOL fkn awesome.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I can't explain him since I can't understand a word he says. Mike Emrick OTOH is an international treasure--up there with Ernie Harwell and Harry Carey in baseball. And turn of the sound and try doing play by play of a hockey game sometime--it's harder than playing the game.
    Would like to see Gary Thorne get back into nationally televised hockey...he and Emrick would be awesome together IMO

Can Somebody Please Explain Pierre Mcguire To Me?

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    I don't get this fucking guy, and wondering how in the fuck he still has this job actually detracts from my enjoyment.

What am I missing? Is it some kind of Quebecky/frenchy thing that doesn't translate to my dumb American brain?
    Funny! A clip from 2008! Bobby Holik in Atlanta and Sergei Fedorov to Columbus. Cookie to Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    so the true explanation is this: his first name is Pierre, that makes him "exotic"
    Actually, his first name is Regis. I don't know what that does for your argument, though.

Can somebody please explain why the are standing so close to each other? WTF? They're touching each other... Is this a Canadian thing I don't know about?
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Pierre is great compared to the bozos that do the Sharks games. I understand team TV guys have to favor their team but these guys are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    Can somebody please explain why the are standing so close to each other? WTF? They're touching each other... Is this a Canadian thing I don't know about?
    No its a French Canadian thing, they think they own your space too. Surprised hes not smoking a heater, trying to push his to the front.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Still better than Mike Milbury on any day!

No fucking way.

Mike's not exactly optimal but compared to Pierre he's a television god.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    IIRC it was actually a joke between Pierre and the other guy.

Doesn't make Pierre any less of a fucking goober though.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Pierre is great compared to the bozos that do the Sharks games. I understand team TV guys have to favor their team but these guys are ridiculous.
    They are the worst