Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    So, I think I just figured out part of the problem. When we first noticed the co detectors were registering, it was late in the afternoon on a really sunny day - one of the first days we had the house closed. We aired out the house, everything went back to zero, and it wan't an issue again that night.. Did the same thing a couple of days later...

One of the things I did during the project was to tear down a generator shed that was falling off the side of the house. That was right outside the battery enclosure... That wall was in particulalry lousey shape. When I fixed that, we resheathed over it, rewrapped, and did the siding... I'm sure that reduced the battery ventilation significantly.

So, I was just down looking at my charge controllers charging the shit out of my batteries in the later afternoon sun, and it occurred to me that if CO detectors were sensitive to hydrogen, that could be the source of the readings. So I google a little and sure enough, charging a LEB will totally fake out your CO detector.

I still obviously have a bit of a pressure issue, but now I'm looking at just venting my battery room. Might allow the pressure to equalize and vent/dissapate the h2 gasses. Testing that theory as I type this...

Oh, and Telebobski, you're going on ignore. It's not that your posts are so irritating of offensive that I can't stand to read them. It's that after today, I can say with a very high degree of certainty that I can ignore your posts for the rest of the time I'm on this forum and never miss anything insightful or of particular value. This performance today could not possibly better illustrate that you have nothing to contribute to any serious discussion.

You had me going there for a minute. You see, I'm not a chemist. I don't pretend to be a chemist. I know enough chemistry to know how much I don't know. So when someone says to me that I don't understand the chemistry behind something, I think that could be a possibility. You on the other hand, while also obviously not being a chemist, think that maybe there are grown adults walking around who just need a little refresher on how evaporation works, and so you proceed to talk down to people on that basis. You know what big guy? Evaporation was one of the recommended subjects for my daughter's science fair last year. When she was in kindergarten. This really highlights how limited your perspective on the world must be, that you think your understanding of evaporation is pretty rarefied knowledge, and it's your job to inform the masses. Pretty incredible, really. So dude, next time you think about opening your mouth to tell somebody how smart you are, remember this and reconsider. And with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

spook Guest
    wow all the nimrods are here! stfurod, piorod, boobskirod. rod fight!!!! rod fight!!!! RAWR!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Professional? That barely scratches the surface. I am a gifted asshole, thank you very much.
    You give yourself too much credit. Anyone from NY is an asshole. No gift required.
    #HughConwayMatters

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Liquids under pressure also have a reduced boiling point.
    Incorrect. Pressurizing a liquid raises it's boiling point.

Case study - the cooling system in your car.

If you want to build a closed-loop liquid heating system for your intake air why not use a water/glycol mix just like in your car. Non-flammable and the addition of ethylene glycol to water both lowers the freezing point AND raises the boiling point plus automotive antifreeze contains corrosion inhibitors. Just build the system like a car's cooling system, with a relief valve that drains to a reservoir designed so that when it cools down and contracts it draws the liquid back into the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainview View Post

If you want to build a closed-loop liquid heating system for your intake air why not use a water/glycol mix just like in your car. Non-flammable and the addition of ethylene glycol to water both lowers the freezing point AND raises the boiling point plus automotive antifreeze contains corrosion inhibitors. Just build the system like a car's cooling system, with a relief valve that drains to a reservoir designed so that when it cools down and contracts it draws the liquid back into the system.
    plus animals just looooove antifreeze, so you won't have any pesky critters around... well, except the ones Spook mentioned above.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Oh, and Telebobski, you're going on ignore. .
    By far one of the best things that I have done on TGR, dude is a complete wack job. I think he has about 4 alias' though....
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Yep, I was ass backwards on that one, good catch
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

This is almost how an all water system used for larger building heating and cooling works, except they use the expansion cycle for cooling instead of basically "wasting" that energy (equivalent to a car relief valve). Some systems even use salt instead of glycol. Not sure about how they deal with particulates and corrosion. I only know the basics.

Double post
    Last edited by brice618; 11-02-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Day one of battery ventilation testing has been a huge success. Stove and water heater are both drafting like a champ and every co detector is at zero. I'll still have to work out some way of prewarming the air when it gets really cold, but this is a great result.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

So, did te house take off the treadmill or what?
    I still call it The Jake.

Not yet... No real windstorms yet this fall. It was crazy today... 11/2 and working outside in a tshirt. Usually we have a couple of feet of snow on the ground by now.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Oh, and Telebobski, you're going on ignore. It's not that your posts are so irritating of offensive that I can't stand to read them. It's that after today, I can say with a very high degree of certainty that I can ignore your posts for the rest of the time I'm on this forum and never miss anything insightful or of particular value.
    C'mon, this was gold:
    Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    ....You are to chain saws what RiseToTheTop is to backcountry skiing.

^ you and teledork are next on the list.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Hugh Conway Guest
    if he's to guns like he is to chainsaws the only thing that should be fearful is his hand.

^ you and teledork are next on the list.
    Luck with your quest to live in a world where you can't see anyone calling you on your dumbassedness. The funny part is that everyone else here will be able to see the comments that you can't.

The funny part is that everyone else here will be able to see the comments that you can't.
    Really? God damn man! What would I do without having you retards around to explain the most obvious shit on the planet? It'll be a shame to miss your collaboration with Teleboobs on how water freezes when it gets cold, but I'll tough it out.
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 11-02-2014 at 07:58 PM.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Luck with your quest to live in a world where you can't see anyone calling you on your dumbassedness.
    Really? God damn man! What would I do without having you retards around to explain the most obvious shit on the planet?
    Heh. You should review your replies sometimes to see how they play out.

Heh. You should review your replies sometimes to see how they play out.
    Hey man, I don't doubt your obesession with men's shoes. Did you ever start that blog so you can offer your expert opinion on men's footwear fulltime?
    Hugh Conway sucks

Did you miss the post where I mentioned relief?
    Nobody wants to listen to your fap.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Nobody wants to listen to your fap.
    Except your mom. She likes to watch too.. And then she does this awesome thing with her tongue when I bust my nut on her face. She's so cute when she scruntches her nose up when the jizz runs in her eye.

You guys should create an alias called "Kunta Kinte" that you can use when you want to post in my threads.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Except your mom. She likes to watch too.. And then she does this awesome thing with her tongue when I bust my nut on her face. She's so cute when she scruntches her nose up when the jizz runs in her eye.

You guys should create an alias called "Kunta Kinte" that you can use when you want to post in my threads.
    That's funny, your wife does the same thing.

That's funny, your wife does the same thing.
    You're right.. But I didn't think you'd want to talk about how you like to beat off watching us through the window. But we're all friends here I guess. Thanks for sharing riser!

Oh, are you going to to go run and hide now like teleboobs when he learned that unlike him, most people completed their elementary school education?
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 11-02-2014 at 08:54 PM.
    Hugh Conway sucks

You're right.. But I didn't think you'd want to talk about how you like to beat off watching us through the window. But we're all friends here I guess. Thanks for sharing riser!
    I had to stop watching when she gave the dog a blowjob. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

I had to stop watching when she gave the dog a blowjob. The line has to be drawn somewhere.
    Is that really the shit you like to fantasize about in your free time? You are one weird dude.
    Hugh Conway sucks