Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I know, pretty insane for a group of relatively low key players. A real team.

In related streak news it looks like LeeeeBron and the Cavs have made it 6 in a row with a win over OKC. I guess the key to the lineup was adding this Ivan Drago guy.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    fuck that rapist.
    Come on, that chick had two other semen stains on ur undies that weren't kobe's. Gross!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

spook Guest
    kobe is sexually open. he knows the other two. very well.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hawks win again. 16 games in. A. Row!

29 wins in last 31 games. That's insane for any sport, any team.
    Except the Warriors play in the Western Conference... you know, with real basketball teams.

Just kidding. Well, not kidding, but Atlanta hasn't had a cream-puff schedule during that stretch either. Dubs / Hawks could very well be the finals this year.

quit knocking Kobe you fkn bums
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Except the Warriors play in the Western Conference... you know, with real basketball teams.

Just kidding. Well, not kidding, but Atlanta hasn't had a cream-puff schedule during that stretch either. Dubs / Hawks could very well be the finals this year.
    I was reminded of your post when I read this tonight, Hawks have beat 10 Western Conference teams in a row during this current 16 game streak. (going for 17 in a row Wednesday)

The Hawks, thanks to win streaks of nine and 16 games and 10 wins in a row against Western Conference opposition, are just the 10th team in history to play at least 32 games and lose only two of them. Six of the previous nine -- since we know that was your next question -- went on to win it all.
    Oh, and the Hawks play the Warriors on Feb 6th! Should be awesome, I hope both teams are still tearing it up right into that game.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I was reminded of your post when I read this tonight, Hawks have beat 10 Western Conference teams in a row during this current 16 game streak. (going for 17 in a row Wednesday)

Oh, and the Hawks play the Warriors on Feb 6th! Should be awesome, I hope both teams are still tearing it up right into that game.
    Cool. Will have to find a place to watch that game while I'm in Whistler.

Cavs beat Blazers in an exciting one tonight. Kyrie put up 55!

Hawks go for win 17 tonight. Crazy!

17 wins in a row. Insane.

17 in a row? Make that 18 wins in a row.

Crazy!

Thanks for beating Blazers while Dubs laid an egg in Utah!

Oh and LeeeBron and the Cavs are up to 10 in a row!

Everything is coming up aces. Can't wait to see what my Tribe does this year if this all keeps up.

Edit: my math is bad. Hawks have won 19 in a row.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 02-01-2015 at 08:08 AM.

I'm actually glad the Warriors went on a bit of a skid (only lost 2 straight games, but for them that's a skid). I could see them having too easy of a regular season, then getting punched in the mouth in the playoffs. You need a little adversity during the season to toughen up.

I'm actually glad the Warriors went on a bit of a skid (only lost 2 straight games, but for them that's a skid). I could see them having too easy of a regular season, then getting punched in the mouth in the playoffs. You need a little adversity during the season to toughen up.
    Can we put Bogut in an hermetically sealed chamber with Kobe's German doctors until about April? Honestly, we'd lose more, but I don't think the playoff seeding in the West is going to matter all that much this year. Everybody is scary. The reward for earning the first or second seed will probably be a match up against the Spurs or Thunder. Anyhow, Bogut seems like the key to the Warriors. With him, we can defend teams with strong big men like Memphis, Chicago, and LA. Without him, we have to shoot 50% from beyond the arc against those teams to win. I just want him healthy for the playoffs.

Actually, the Thunder don't look too hot. If they don't make the playoffs, I imagine Brooks will be (rightfully) fired and Presti will face some real heat. Outside of KD, RW, and Ibaka (who is somewhat overrated), the team is awful.

Shame that Lillard din't make the All-Star team. He definitely deserved it, although I don't envy the people who have to decide these things.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Can we put Bogut in an hermetically sealed chamber with Kobe's German doctors until about April? Honestly, we'd lose more, but I don't think the playoff seeding in the West is going to matter all that much this year. Everybody is scary. The reward for earning the first or second seed will probably be a match up against the Spurs or Thunder. Anyhow, Bogut seems like the key to the Warriors. With him, we can defend teams with strong big men like Memphis, Chicago, and LA. Without him, we have to shoot 50% from beyond the arc against those teams to win. I just want him healthy for the playoffs.

Actually, the Thunder don't look too hot. If they don't make the playoffs, I imagine Brooks will be (rightfully) fired and Presti will face some real heat. Outside of KD, RW, and Ibaka (who is somewhat overrated), the team is awful.

Shame that Lillard din't make the All-Star team. He definitely deserved it, although I don't envy the people who have to decide these things.
    No Bogut and I think they're hosed...unless they can make a trade for a big.

Durant shouldn't be in the allstar game....but if he's really entertaining the idea of going to the Wiz why not half ass this season, not do anything to get hurt, etc. Scotty Brooks will get shitcanned....Westbrook will bounce to the Lakers...and OKC will suck perpetually until they move back to Seattle.

It's stupid that Lillard didn't make the allstar team, but this puts a big chip on his shoulder and I like that he's pissed about it...Zers just need to get healthy...oh and get a better bench.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Dubs need Bogut to reach/win Finals. They can win a series (maybe two) without him, but not the whole thing.

That said, I've lived through 40 years of terrible Ws teams, so the exciting journey they're on during the season has great value. I just like watching them play.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Dubs need Bogut to reach/win Finals. They can win a series (maybe two) without him, but not the whole thing.
    I think that's pretty much how everyone feels about them. On the other hand, there aren't many teams that could lose a starting player and still win the finals, when you think about it. They should definitely keep Bogut's work load light for the next few months, then get him in more consistently down the stretch before the playoffs.

It is kind of terrifying how the season could just go down the tubes on any given night. The idea of adding another big man is questionable... Bogut is one of the best rim protectors / defenders in the league and there aren't many of them around.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 02-02-2015 at 10:27 PM.

^it's a bad year when the tahoe guys are active in a ski forum bball thread.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Hawks win streak ends at 19 in a row. In a weird way it's a relief. I was wondering how tight they've been playing to keep this thing going.

Now, get healthy and get ready to face LeeeBron in the Conf Finals.

I still think the cavs will beat the cawks. The NBA is a star driven league, and I can't see LBJ not making it to the finals.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    ^it's a bad year when the tahoe guys are active in a ski forum bball thread.
    No (well, yes, it is a bad year) it's more so we're all shocked that the Warriors are actually good after decades of futility.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Westbrook could be the man in LA, i like the idea of KD to the wiz too! great thinking adolf.
    KD on the Wiz would be great...such a waste with him in OKC. Westbrook seems like he wants to be, and probably can handle, being the man in LA. As OKC is currently constructed, I just can't see them winning it all.

I dig the Hawks, but this loss to the Pelicans is interesting. If the Pelicans could somehow get Westbrook when he hits the FA market they'd be amazing.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Good read by Blake Griffin. I don't like Griffin on the court, but he seems like a decent guy off the court.

I think that's pretty much how everyone feels about them. On the other hand, there aren't many teams that could lose a starting player and still win the finals, when you think about it. They should definitely keep Bogut's work load light for the next few months, then get him in more consistently down the stretch before the playoffs.

It is kind of terrifying how the season could just go down the tubes on any given night. The idea of adding another big man is questionable... Bogut is one of the best rim protectors / defenders in the league and there aren't many of them around.
    Why not get Jermaine O'Neal for 1/2 a season as a backup? Better than hands of stone Ezeli (who can't stay healthy either)

Hawks beat Warriors. Now the best team in the nba. Crazy stuff!