Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

5th Annual Trade in your old Jacket for new Made in Colorado Freeride Systems Jackets

5th season of "Threads for Shreds" trade your old jacket for one of our new ones maggot event...
    UP to $200 trade in value

Yep....can't believe this is the fifth season I have run the program....I had to search the old threads to verify it myself. So, here it goes again, This forum helped launch the only made in Colorado fully seam taped technical outerwear manufacturer....we didnt start as a clothing company but as a maker of a piece of webbing (system) for getting to hike to terrain (freeride) Hence , freeride systems. You asked for more because everyone did not need a boot pack 1 carry system. Boom ! first season jackets sewn , janky but had the right ideas , few made. Jacket features born from all the f'ups and crap I put up with fumbling with a variety of jackets from Patagonia to Burton to North Face , etc...in Leadville's mining district in the Mosquito Range. Bang!, we get a SAR team that wants them, then a municipal plow crew, high mountain transit, and other's fall into place. I kept pouring any revenue back into refining the quality, better machines, fabrics, etc and then last year we end up landing ABC News Worldwide as a client and serve as thier official exclusive technical outerwear provider. All the while cranking out versions for our hard skiing friends on tgr and in the mountains of Colorado... http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ght=abc+maggot

Where will this all lead?

So, here is state of the maggot address and announcement of the 5th season of Threads for Shreds program....We have invested in better laser guided seam taping machines, gotten some great fabrics, refined the jacket. We are finally able to support our local Avalanche forecasters fund raising endeavors in a bigger way. (We also made the forecasters uniform jackets for this season) Still keep giving to those from this community in need. We are still small, run lean and mean and warranty virtually any issues with our garments within reason...Just finished pulling an old hand seam taped jacket and replacing with our new fancy smancy tape in addition to pulling an old hood brim piece and replacing...we will continue to do so to support those who support us. We are mountain people , our lives are about skiing. We live it and love it. I thank this community for bootstrapping a piece of webbing into one of the few made in USA top of the line technical garments. A new hardshell/softshell hybird jacket is coming in a month, pants are on the way, a great midlayer zip hoodie from Power Dry...stay tuned... Thank you.

Threads for Shreds

This year this program will not last long....maybe for November only or until we run low on supply. Gain up to $200 for your old jacket when traded for one of our new garments. Please no pet hair , throwup , etc. beat is fine. We use our stuff around here right? We have taken in garments from maggots in the past years from Arcteryx, Flylow, Marmot, North Face, OR, Cloudveil, 696, Burton, Loki, Mammut, and many many more that I can't remember and or keep track of.

See what we have here: www.freeridesystems.com

To trade:
    1) send an email with pictures of your jacket,list jacket model/brand and size and then the jacket of ours you are interested in
    to help@freeridesystems.com
    2) within a few days we will look it over and probably ask you a few questions
    3) we will submit a value for your garment via email
    4) if you like the deal , mail us your jacket
    5) upon our receipt we will verify described condition and email you a discount code to complete the transaction
    6) thats it, that simple, you then get your new made in Colorado jacket in the mail from us

You may not use other discount codes and coupons in conjunction with the Threads for Shreds program. You can use one or the other. Want do you want a freebie? Sorry, we have mouths to feed as well as you. So, pick one or the other and enjoy your new garment.

Thank you,
    Mike C
    micol

2014-15 Antero II

CAIC Forecaster Jacket

Coming Soon...Power Dry Zip Hoodie

Original Bar logo

Now....hey there's an "F" and a "S" in there and maybe a pacman (why?, whynot?)

From Russia with Love our ABC friends
    Last edited by MiCol; 10-30-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Is the fit the same as last years? The new colors look great, I might end up with a quiver!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

^ yes unless we need to do some custom work for you...
    or, i have a few xs not on site. Matt are you that small?
    I still remember trying to get you to help me sell the BP1s when I was a little overly excited by them
    www.freeridesystems.com

Kickass. Can we trade in jackets towards the forthcoming hardshells? I need to expand my quiver as well.

^ yes sir!
    www.freeridesystems.com

The Antero IIs are such sick jackets!! I've fondled many FS jackets over the years and really can't even say enough good things about their stuff right now! Really digging every little detail about them. I want one of those power dry hoodies SO BAD.

I hope you make bomber bibs soon. I feel like nobody could make a pair of super durable ski bibs like you, man.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Matt, you and I are similar sizes. I've never tried one on... Do you know what size you are?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    The Antero IIs are such sick jackets!! I've fondled many FS jackets over the years and really can't even say enough good things about their stuff right now! Really digging every little detail about them. I want one of those power dry hoodies SO BAD.

I hope you make bomber bibs soon. I feel like nobody could make a pair of super durable ski bibs like you, man.
    +1, best jacket I have ever owned hands down and will definitely be adding another.

Mike - To follow up on DW's comments, pants/bibs would be a fantastic addition to your lineup...any plans in the uber secret development stages you can share?

I took the small instead if the medium. Great fit, keeps me dry and doesn't look too techy to wear in the city but I can't live without the huge pit zips after getting used to them. Luxurious. Especially on a packed train with no ac and I'm trying not to steam my work clothes.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I picked up the Antero II this summer after fondling it over the interweb all of last winter. Super stoked on it and can't wait to put it to use and get some pictures with it.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Matt, you and I are similar sizes. I've never tried one on... Do you know what size you are?

Tough call. If you layer a lot the medium would be good. They run a tad large but not overly so. You could get away with a small though if you prefer a more trim fit. I could go either way but would probably go with a medium... In any case I'm sure Mike would exchange size for you if it wasn't right.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

^I was talking to the beanpole matt, not you. You're the hulk compared to us

I think I'll give the small a shot personally. I know in things like 686 I am swimming in mediums. Couldn't hurt, and like you said, I bet Mike would probably try to work something out if the fit sucked. Taking pics of my jacket to trade in tonight!
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post

Mike - To follow up on DW's comments, pants/bibs would be a fantastic addition to your lineup...any plans in the uber secret development stages you can share?
    I am sewing samples again right now for some more tests. They most likely will have a zip in option like Norrona. I have most of the garment down but still working on the abrasion resistant cuffs. Cordura is not durable enough. Double side vents each leg. This version will not be full zip. However it is being made from same style fabric as my jackets. Perhaps if I make a version that is true spring hardshell for warmer climates I will add full zips. that is all i have for now....thanks all
    www.freeridesystems.com

A couple questions that I'm curious about, since I looked at your jackets last month when I was shopping for a new one. When you say 3 Layer Polartec Waterpoof Breathable Laminate, what does that mean, Neoshell? How come the pockets are down at belt level, where they'll be blocked by pack hip belts?

Antero jacket owner here. These garments will keep you warmer than a post-menopausal woman and dryer than a retired nuns vagina. Hood fits over any helmet. The fabric repels dirt, lift tower spooge, beer, taco sauce, grease from dead cooked animals, the odd burning ember - pretty much everything but women.

Highly recommended

Edit to add - field modeling
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	159708
    Last edited by TBS; 10-31-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    A couple questions that I'm curious about, since I looked at your jackets last month when I was shopping for a new one. When you say 3 Layer Polartec Waterpoof Breathable Laminate, what does that mean, Neoshell? How come the pockets are down at belt level, where they'll be blocked by pack hip belts?
    We buy the fabric through secondary Polartec supplied source. We are not at liberty to say the specific fabric as part of the deal. It is waterproof, breathable, and windproof... we get all the batch numbers and Polartec labels with each roll providing provenance. if you dont like the fabric, send it back, we have other folks who want these and we can sell them used if we have to. No worries. (see our return policy)

The pockets are designed long and zip down from the top. I use an ABS bag and can get into the pockets with no problem. I generally have my hands on my poles and consequently don't stick them in the pockets too often when touring or bootpacking. Not to mention, gloved hands are tough to sink in any pocket. And, removing gloves or mittens in extreme conditions creates serious difficulty in reheating the exposed skin. Maybe try an OutdoorResearch P100 under your glove or mitten. Then when you need something in the pocket remove your main glove and go for it. You should have no problem unless you have the fists of a transformer/hulk body. I've been using them for many years now and it works well. Anyway our design is very helpful in non pack wearing situations too so you dont have your hands elevated to some oddball height that feels weird and looks like you're clutching your breasts.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I'm interested in this as well, having been a 3-layer Gore Tex user for years, what can I expect from the polartec product?

That belgian blue is calling my name...

Also, is this polartec as breathable as my old gore windstopper softshell?

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    We buy the fabric through secondary Polartec supplied source. We are not at liberty to say the specific fabric as part of the deal. It is waterproof, breathable, and windproof... we get all the batch numbers and Polartec labels with each roll providing provenance. if you dont like the fabric, send it back, we have other folks who want these and we can sell them used if we have to. No worries. (see our return policy).
    I was actually curious about that too. Can you at least say if it's a current Polartec product or not?

I was lucky enought to win an Antero II at the EC Ullrfest a few weeks ago. Very nice fit. I'm 6'1", 185lbs and the medium is a great fit. Much better than my Flylow medium (too tight) or large (too baggy) and it will be my go to jacket this winter. It seems a little heavyweight for BC skiing, but I'm not going to knock it until I try it.

^ You just won't need as many layers anymore in the bc. that will lighten your overall load.
    There are 3 systems to blow air into that jacket if you are creating retained heat.
    1) pitzips
    2) 2 way front separating zipper
    3) no elastic in cuffs (open velcro and let the air pipe in)

when you are cooled. close it up or leave some open. will work like a charm
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I was actually curious about that too. Can you at least say if it's a current Polartec product or not?
    Yes the most current. If you look through polartecs site and use the process of elimination you can figure out what you have
    www.freeridesystems.com

I am sewing samples again right now for some more tests. They most likely will have a zip in option like Norrona. I have most of the garment down but still working on the abrasion resistant cuffs. Cordura is not durable enough. Double side vents each leg. This version will not be full zip. However it is being made from same style fabric as my jackets. Perhaps if I make a version that is true spring hardshell for warmer climates I will add full zips. that is all i have for now....thanks all
    DOOD!

Yes the most current. If you look through polartecs site and use the process of elimination you can figure out what you have
    Thanks, that's exactly why I was asking

Here's the link for anyone else that wants to connect the dots: http://polartec.com/

I don't need a jacket now but your latest product is looking great and my next purchase will probably be from you.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    I'm interested in this as well, having been a 3-layer Gore Tex user for years, what can I expect from the polartec product?

That belgian blue is calling my name...

Also, is this polartec as breathable as my old gore windstopper softshell?
    Just slightly noticeable less breathable. Not enough to make me choose one over the other.

For the most part the performance is nearly the same in my opinion
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Thanks, that's exactly why I was asking

Here's the link for anyone else that wants to connect the dots: http://polartec.com/

I don't need a jacket now but your latest product is looking great and my next purchase will probably be from you.
    thanks
    www.freeridesystems.com