Sierra Winter Touring Buddies Wanted

I live in LA and am a experienced backpacker, snowboarder, and rock climber looking to meet people to do some backcountry touring with. I've taken an Avalanche 1 class, WAFA (expired), and I have a Burton splitboard, but I've only used it twice. This season I would like to change that.

I'm looking for people who are either experience and willing to teach me, or inexperienced and willing to start slow and learn to travel the Sierra backcountry with me. I'm also open to any advice for noobs getting started as far as winter camping gear (tent suggestions anyone?), good beginner hikes/locations...anything really.

I'm planning to do lots of dayhikes in Sequoia, Bishop, and Mammoth areas this winter hopefully leading to some overnighters this spring. Hit me up if you're interested in walking uphill in snow this season! I'm down for westside or eastside adventures.

Yo dude. There's usually both a "SoCal Snow" thread , and an Eastside thread that get going in the main Ski/Snowboard Forum once there's snow on the ground. I would post up in those. Should see them start to get traffic later next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.