Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    I presume there is not a huge profit on the plates. And, along with many other winter fabrications, they'd have to stop their summer fabrication schedule to reset and make limited runs to meet a small demand.
    ...or...if they are still doing what Dave/Pliny did, which was to have the Jigarex plates fabricated in China. If so, I'd bet they'd put in a seasonal order or two for 'X' number of pieces/shipment.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Plates are now made in the US

Picked up a Jigarex in the offseason intending to mount all my new skis. However, my season got derailed thanks to a hard mt. bike crash that resulted in a full shoulder reconstruction (full rotator cuff tear, shredded biceps tendon, labrum tear, etc).

I'm finally getting around to attempting to mount bindings and am having a hell of a time centering the Jigarex. I use a center punch to mark the screw holes, then measure to verify they are in the proper position. I pretty consistently find that the jigarex is off by 1-2mm.

To make matters worse, the Jigarex slipped off my mounting table and fell to the floor, bending two of the centering arms. I've done everything I can to straighten them.

Any suggestions to center the Jigarex would be much appreciated.

Hmm, not sure what to tell you, mine has worked great. I am anal so I marked a permanent center line on each end of the Jiga-Rex frame. I put a strip of masking tape on the skis and mark the center line and then double check after mounting the Jiga-Rex it is dead nuts. I drill the holes and for the first couple of mounts I did I checked the spacing with a dial caliper and they were perfect.

Maybe do as I do being sure the Jiga-Rex is perfectly centered on the skis without tightening the arms. Then tighten the arms and see if it pushes the frame off line. This would confirm if the damaged arms are the culprit. Also, do not over tighten the arms. They should just touch the skis, too much force can squeeze the rubber bumpers. If the arms are bent you can put a strip or two of tape on one or more of the bumpers to shim them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Hmm, not sure what to tell you, mine has worked great. I am anal so I marked a permanent center line on each end of the Jiga-Rex frame. I put a strip of masking tape on the skis and mark the center line and then double check after mounting the Jiga-Rex it is dead nuts. I drill the holes and for the first couple of mounts I did I checked the spacing with a dial caliper and they were perfect.

Maybe do as I do being sure the Jiga-Rex is perfectly centered on the skis without tightening the arms. Then tighten the arms and see if it pushes the frame off line. This would confirm if the damaged arms are the culprit. Also, do not over tighten the arms. They should just touch the skis, too much force can squeeze the rubber bumpers. If the arms are bent you can put a strip or two of tape on one or more of the bumpers to shim them.
    I'll give your suggestions a try. I ordered several of the SlideWright Centering Ruler Stickers mentioned in an earlier post in this thread (I read the entire thread looking for solutions). Wish I'd done that before trying the Jigarex for the first time. Would likely have saved me tons of time...

Didn't read the whole thread, but has anyone had issues with the Look/Rossi plates and FKS? Doing test mounts, the heel seems to work a lot better if you adjust the Jigarex to add at least 1cm to your BSL, so the adjustment rods are near the first hash mark instead of the middle or third mark. The dildo has much better snap and the boot is more rigid in the binding at the first hash mark.

My plates are several years old though, no idea if they made revisions.

Quote Originally Posted by pwdrskr View Post
    Any suggestions to center the Jigarex would be much appreciated.
    Longshot but turn it upside down and confirm that the grips are aligned to properly center jig. If you remove green screw cap and lever, the centering grips can move off center.

I had one of the originals. Had lots of problems with the teeth skipping etc and not being centered. They had me send it in and rebuilt it. Apparently lots better parts in the newer models. No issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

My three year old Jiga-Rex has been money. Have plates for Salomon STH, Salomon Z or S 10 (has the three screw toe) and Fritschi Vipec.

FWIW I always put a piece of masking tape down the middle of the ski and mark the center line. I have filed a small groove on each end of the jig exactly in the middle. This way when I put the jig on the ski and tighten it down I am double checking its properly centered. No real reason to do this other than being anal.

Since this thread got bumped...

Issue I had last spring was using the jigarex on a wider cambered ski . The middle of the side rails rested on the ski and the jig would teeter and rock fore and aft when drilling which kind of f#&ked up the accuracy. Tried clamping the front but then the back rocked way up off the ski, and vice-versa.
    Manufacturer jigs I’ve used/seen have prominent “feet” near front and back of jig that would prevent this. Thinking of adding something thick, wide and sticky to my jigarex near the ends.
    Anyone done it or got good suggestions??

I do clamp both ends of mine to prevent this....

Anyone have plates they don't plan to utilize anymore (switched bindings, etc.) that they'd be interested in selling? PM what you have and include price to ship to 98117.

Looking for:

- Look Pivot
    - Salomon STH2
    - Marker Jester/Griffon/Squire family

and possibly Guardian large

Hey man, I’ve got pivot & sth2 to lend ya local here if you just want to get by at this point without buying. .
    You bought my Q’s ya?

Ok great - thanks for the offer - and yes on the Q's....

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Hey man, I’ve got pivot & sth2 to lend ya local here if you just want to get by at this point without buying. .
    You bought my Q’s ya?

For Maggots in SLC I have the following plates:

STH2's
    Salomon S & Z 10 with the three screw toe
    Fristchi Vipec

Any chance of a Salomon/Atomic Shift Jigarex mounting plate/pattern being made?
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 09-28-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

For Mt Hood area mags, I got STH2 plates and a jigarex I’m willing to loan out.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Any chance of a Salomon/Atomic Shift Jigarex mounting plate/pattern being made?
    Plates for Salomon/Atomic Shift will be available. They may already be in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bogusbill View Post
    Plates for Salomon/Atomic Shift will be available. They may already be in stock.
    Awesome. Thanks for the good news.

I've been checking the website plates but haven't seen that as an option yet. I'll keep an eye out.

Bump for any update on shift plate availability?

Spoke w them yesterday and they haven’t been able to verify a mount so they aren’t selling yet.

thanks for the update
    People who live in Grass houses shouldn't get stoned ~Michner

Yo- Anyone in So Cal Area have a Jigarex ? Willing to sell/ lend/ trade for gear? I have some hook ups-

Gracias

PSA.

Shift plates are now available to order on the jigarex site.

I bought a plate and confirmed it worked for them. It’s perfect. I’m in the PC area if anyone needs.