Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    I'm not saying that they're going out of bizness, just reporting the facts that I saw an ad on Craigslist for the property incl. the 2br house behind it. They seemed plenty open last night but were super busy which is why we kept on keeping on. I hope they're just relocating to somewhere bigger!

Good to hear.
    And good to see you. sorry about the staring I couldn't remember why you seemed familiar. No worries about the hiking I was skiing with family. we found some nice snow on chief in the morning but it got beaten up after lunch. And some of the bike trail features in the woods are stupid fun. Though the railing on the right side of hogs seems like a hazard.

Well someone took out the trail map at Crystal, great, just great.....Didn't know where the fuck I was all day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1420923226.631186.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	741.5 KB 
ID:	162521

Stevens TR 1/10/15: They should not be open.

not giving me much hope for tomorrow.

Damn you Lono!

Baker was hurrying people to clear the ski area while it was still warm so they could Snowcat in trucked snow from the upper base area to cover the bare patches at the lower area before everything froze over night.

It'll be a fuckin corral reef up there till it snows or warms back up again

snowing in idaho again. to bad its all falling on a 1 inch sun/rain crust with facets, but snow is snow. coverage is getting decent at all elevations over about 4500 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Baker was hurrying people to clear the ski area while it was still warm so they could Snowcat in trucked snow from the upper base area to cover the bare patches at the lower area before everything froze over night.

fuck
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post

I was there yesterday. Worst coverage I've seen since... well, maybe ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Well someone took out the trail map at Crystal, great, just great.....Didn't know where the fuck I was all day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1420923226.631186.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	741.5 KB 
ID:	162521
    Asked a troller about this...said it rotted out?!?! Does that say something about how much rain there has been?

Conditions wise..."you never go until you go" didn't exactly apply. Thought it would suck and it did. It was still skiing though.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Asked a troller about this...said it rotted out?!?! Does that say something about how much rain there has been?.
    Rotted out? Looked to me like it was backed into by a groomer or something. But I don't know.

Rotted out? Looked to me like it was backed into by a groomer or something. But I don't know.
    Exactly what I had thought. He said the wood rotted out and was blown over by the wind. But perhaps he was just saving face.

Pray for (feet) of snow

Posts don't look rotten. Does look like a chainsaw was used.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

spook Guest
    beavers

I went for a tour at Alpy yesterday for my avi 1 refresher. We bushwacked up to Source Lake through the firmest and crustiest ice crap ive ever skinned through. We didnt make a single turn and my skins lived on my skis the entire trip. Inbounds looked...thin.

Anyone been touring somewhere where it doesnt suck right now?
    Live

I was there for the avi 1 refresher too. The Alpy sidecountry ski return is super sketchy with massively open creeks with dirt flows in places. 3 feet absolutely minimum needed for it to be a functional ski out. That said, it was fun to get a little practice with ski crampons.

The two week forecast looks bleak. Nice that gas is only $2 per gallon. Bachelor isn't too bad, and looks like there will be a few inches of fresh for tomorrow am.

It was fun going for that stroll yesterday with ya Steve. Sometimes it's nice to get some sketchy/techy ski touring in.
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    It was fun going for that stroll yesterday with ya Steve. Sometimes it's nice to get some sketchy/techy ski touring in.
    I appreciate you guys putting up with my touring jongness. Think I'm I'm going to try to get some more touring in this Saturday and Sunday, just not sure where.

4" over the last three days. Whoopee. Anything off the groomed was horrible. Hope the incoming storm that is supposed to hit starting Friday brings much more precip.

Fast and carvy, deserted groomers yesterday at Mission. Better than Thurs. and Fri. but the snow is faceting with the clear cold weather and it looks like it's getting hard to keep it groomed and in place on steeper pitches.

Shut down a lot of the off piste terrain after the rain and warm up on 4/5. Sunday the 4th was great, snowed all day and with 2' the previous week coverage was looking good. Coverage is good but thin above midway and resembles coral reef when there has been low/no skier traffic. Next time we get snow it will be great.

Was back there, again, over the weekend. There is less snow at Mission than there is at Snoq Pass, but way better on hill coverage. The way things are lining up we end up back there the next 3 weekends in a row.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Was back there, again, over the weekend. There is less snow at Mission than there is at Snoq Pass, but way better on hill coverage. The way things are lining up we end up back there the next 3 weekends in a row.
    Probably got another inch on Sunday through Monday morning(sad to even mention this) and there looks to be 4-5" coming Thurs-Fri. Not much but it will be windy I think and this will open up a lot of terrain again. Until the 4th, Windy Ridge, Microwave Bowl and Bowl 4 were open with all chairs operating.

Less brush over here, one benefit of living in the desert.

Snow north of Baker around 6000' was surprisingly fun today. A few inches of surface hoar sitting on a softened crust doesn't ski half bad.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...1#.VLgIikY77CQ

Here we go. Baker looking to get hammered next 3-4 days. To all the powder starved be safe out there.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...1#.VLgIikY77CQ

Here we go. Baker looking to get hammered next 3-4 days. To all the powder starved be safe out there.
    Psst.

That's the spot forecast for 10,000 feet.

Mt Baker base area - http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...4#.VLgMH9LF98E
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........