Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    All you need is 210> clothing is optional. yes stevens would work and we can party in the parking lot. Everyone seems so anti hwy 2 that I figured it wouldn't go
    Good to know I don't have to have the onesie. That woulda been tough to find. Still need skis though. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    All you need is 210> clothing is optional. yes stevens would work and we can party in the parking lot. Everyone seems so anti hwy 2 that I figured it wouldn't go
    A decade is a long time to hold a grudge. 2 resort offers ski-in/ski-out in the right places. Would be willing to help reserve a big spot in the proper lot - closing day is scheduled for Stonersmas Eve, but I'm doubtful they'll make it that long without some help from Ullr.

El Niño can suck a giant dick...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425614014.552632.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	592.6 KB 
ID:	164865
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    El Niño can suck a giant dick...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425614014.552632.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	592.6 KB 
ID:	164865
    That dog is well trained...

I also vote for the number 2 highway resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The do have a race on retro fools day at the #2 ski area, I would think that the lbd crew would clean up. Plus a nice collection of lb era riblet chairs.

Full on spring day at Stevens today. Every lift corral and most of the base area was a pond by early afternoon. The next couple days are going to be brutal if it doesn't freeze overnight.

I'll be up tomorrow, gotta get a bit more skiing in for the year. Iggys and a red jacket.

Lbd @ Stevens is fine with me.

High 12 delivered again today
    Things softened up nicely and skied great. Better than staying home by a long shot.

Mount Baker has decided to close until they get about a foot of snow.
    http://www.mtbaker.us/index.php/snow-report

How is Hood Meadows holding up? We have 5 free days there with our Baker season pass. With all the money saved not driving up to Baker dozens of times maybe a trip to Bachelor is in order. They seem to have the most snow in the neighborhood.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Great day at Silver today. Went bell to bell with the family and some friends. Corn snow on most aspects and boot top pow on others with tons of sun.

Small gathering of k00ks at the Southern resort on Sunday.
    It didn't suck.

So, I'm from Colorado, and don't ave much high alpine/glacier experience. I've been living in WA going to school for a few years now, and would like to do more skiing/climbing on the volcanoes. Does anyone have any good resources to get learnt on high alpine/glacier stuff? Could be a class, book or person/people.
    Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    So, I'm from Colorado, and don't ave much high alpine/glacier experience. I've been living in WA going to school for a few years now, and would like to do more skiing/climbing on the volcanoes. Does anyone have any good resources to get learnt on high alpine/glacier stuff? Could be a class, book or person/people.
    Thanks all.
    http://www.proguiding.com/instructio...ng-course.html

I should do that. Not sure I can this year but I should.

(Don't read if you're looking for good news)

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2015/0...turns.html?m=1

Anyone have a hookup on horse tranquilizer? Imma need some.

On Sunday at Stevens I noticed that an odd part of Highlands Bowl had gone to the ground. Looking up from the hairpin turn of Outer Limits it appeared that the steep pitch directly below the convex roll in the middle of the bowl had melted down to the dirt, perhaps 80m across by 50m top-to-bottom. Significant to say the least, but I wonder if that area slid sometime in the past few weeks and then the remaining thin cover melted away during the most recent warm spell. Didn't look like it all went at once and the rest of the bowl is still pretty fat. Just an observation...

Glad we got our Monday on at Crystal. Sunny with huge views of Adams and Rainer, yet it wasn’t so warm as to cook the snow to sloppy soup. Creamy and just right for lots of choices of turn radii. No lift line to speak of in Green Valley which was the only lift working besides the gondola. We kept switching from Snorting Elk to the valley and back until closing time at 2:30 when a bunch of us were allowed to run out to the bottom via Lucky/Tinkerbell/Quicksilver (downwalking the lowest part of Quick as that is now dirt.).

Heard rumors of this being last week/weekend if the upcoming rain washes all the GV snow away.
    Good runs when you get them.

fucky sucky fuck suck fuck

All lifts in operation the last two weekends at Mission with skiing to the lot for boot putteronerers. The skiing has been quite nice, not great in the context of normal but great for this year. Sunday was outstanding for weather and views, Hood, Adams, Rainier, Stuart and Glacier all clear as day. If this next pineapple doesn't do too much damage they plan to stay in operation on weekends through the end of the month as of now.

Excellent ski touring conditions above 5k'. Dry as a bone below. Just hoping that the incoming pineapple keeps moderate freezing levels and doesn't wash out any roads. Current road and trail access is excellent throughout the state. Pic from Eldo on Saturday.

Name:	photo (5).JPG 
Views:	323 
Size:	437.9 KB 
ID:	165033

I don't get this precip measurement from the Cliff weather blogspot, what the fuck is 'cin' on the bottom part?

About 512 Cintemeters of precip up high by Sunday? Cliff says 3-4 inches, not sure how 512 of anything goes into that.

Up at the top, note the "Total Precip in Past 48 hours (.01 in)"
    So it's a centi-inch.

Damn me-tric system.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Clear as my morning piss.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

I don't get this precip measurement from the Cliff weather blogspot, what the fuck is 'cin' on the bottom part?

About 512 Cintemeters of precip up high by Sunday? Cliff says 3-4 inches, not sure how 512 of anything goes into that.
    They're ranges. Black is anywhere from 2.56 -> 5.12 inches of water. It's an exponential scale so that each color represents twice as much as the one to its left and half as much as the one to its right. Since computers are base-2 machines, this sort of math is easier to compute as single-cycle bitshifts can be used for multiplication and division instead of their more complex, clock-consuming multiply and divide hardware.

In hindsight, I think I might have learned something in my 5 years as a Husky...

There's some impressive rain shadow going on at the southern resort.... according to that.

Fingers crossed.