Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I haven't seen them reduce anything from PHX, yet...having 6 nonstops per day to SLC has been pretty money the last few years for long weekends.

Although I'm having a hell of a time getting to companion status for this year without the sign up bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Fuck me. SEA to SLC nonstop has indeed vanished too. That's even more of loss than RNO. Time to dump the SW air Visa. That sucks massive ballz. The baggage factor is huge when flying other carriers. We carry lots of gear, usually a ski bag with 2+ pairs each, a gear bag plus carry-ons. It's a significant game changer. That's an extra $600 per round-trip for our crew. Might have to hit the Taos comp this year flying into ABQ instead of going to Tahoe.

As far as the viability of SEA/RNO and SEA/SLC for SW it's tough to think they weren't profitable. They were always full planes and we've flown those routes many times.
    How about SEA/SAC?

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Hawaii with stops would be interesting.
    Is there still an airstrip at Midway? You could relive the turing point of the Pacific war.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Not really on the way. Heard the islands were polluted as hell. I think fresh water is an issue.

Midway is even farther west than Hawaii. Check your Google Earf. There really isn't much land to speak of between the US West Coast and Hawaii. Basically none. That's why you should always fly non-stop to Hawaii from a West Coast city. Not doing so could get pretty interesting. Hopefully, your flight is amphibious.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Not really on the way. Heard the islands were polluted as hell. I think fresh water is an issue.
    Damn Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Southwest also recently stopped the Portland, OR flights to Reno which was surprising because they were usually full. Can still get to Sacramento but either driving route to Lake Tahoe can be a bitch. Hate to switch to Alaska because we like SW but do not have many choices. Would love to hear the back story about these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Would love to hear the back story about these changes.
    Maybe they read the TGR blog post that Tahoe is no longer a winter destination

Short story: Delta and Alaska airlines are at war. Delta is tearing Alaska a new asshole. Southwest does not want to be a part of the carnage. Therefore, they are pulling out of the negative-margin routes.