Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raddam
    great thread and info Truth.
    i am so sorry to read your final two post, MAN what a bummer
    I will continue to keep checkin up on you
    I am going under the knife on 3/2/06
    man, what a drag
    You'll kick the crap out of it man. Just be ready for a week of suck post op. Once you get into PT you'll kill it. Good luck.

Jogged at 4.5 mph for 7 minutes yesterday, also did "4 square" hopping drills 3 x 1 minute sets. Was sore as fvck last night but it feels allright today.

Thumbs up

"Ran" a 12:10 mile in PT today. Kinda stoked on that. That distance only took a year to get to since I never quite got there in the ACL rehab.

10:45 mile today. Nice.

nice job truth,

i started reading this thread a couple months back when i first tore my acl. i was so bummed for you when i read about the achilles tendon. glad to see you are pulling through and getting stronger.

im just today two weeks post op and starting pt. ive already decided that if i can come back from this stronger and lighter (i think being weak and heavy at least partially caused my injury), im going to do a straightline adventures camp next season.

you in?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Hells yeah. I'll be back at str8line for sure. At 2 weeks the worst is behind you. Now it's time to work. Keep at it man, you'll be good to go by fall.

Damn Truth, I just read all the way through this for the first time. How long a recovery is typical for Achilles repair? Sounds way worse than ACL (done that 2x unfortunately).
    I have been dealing with achilles tendonitis for going on 18 months due to partial tear while running. Been to the podiatrist numerous times and to PT twice, have orthodotics etc. I'm afraid it's the knife for me as it just won't go away and gives the same level of discomfort whether I do nothing for 3 mos or run 30 miles a week.

Swimming and driving a car (right leg) aggrevate it more than anything.
    Skiing on it has been ok...worst part is actually on the chair. It does hold me back a bit because I always have a sense of not being 100%.

Heres hoping your rehab is complete to get right back at it.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Accenture Chicago Triathlon Aug 27, 2006

Just registered for the international distance event. Game on!

Quote Originally Posted by truth
    Just registered for the international distance event. Game on!
    sweet! So August 27th eh? So I guess after you collect your winnings from this event you hop on the jet to Lenas?

Sounds like perfect motivation to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    sweet! So August 27th eh? So I guess after you collect your winnings from this event you hop on the jet to Lenas?

Sounds like perfect motivation to me!
    Yeah...I almost balked on the race due to LL, but I figured I can nab both.

alright i gotta brag a little, just got back from pt.

16 days post op
    134 degrees flex
    -1 extension

fuck yeah!
    my therapists are pretty amazed and i am really stoked.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

That's good stuff fez. Just keep in mind the graft gets weaker until about 6 weeks post op, at which point it is at it's most vulnerable. Don't rush things too much mang.

thanks truth, i hadn't realized that about the 6 weeks thing.
    over use is one thing my pt is worried about. they are concerned that i am moving so well now that i will over do it. of course they are the ones who push me the furthest too.
    Ben Franklin

I'm now running sub 10 minutes for the mile but that's about all the endurance my calf can take. Over compensation with my ACL leg is causing some pretty intense IT band inflamation and tightness across the left (ACL) knee. I did get the all clear to begin regualr weight training for the lower body which should help me put some mass back in my legs.

Good day today. Got in a hard PT session with a mile run and then put in 2 hours on the road bike outside in the 70 degree weather.

Jeebus man!
    I just got around to reading the whole ordeal. Rough road. Sounds like you killed it though. I get cut around the end of april so hopefully I can make some turns with you next season. I'll be moning out there mid june-ish. Keep up the good work in PT!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Truth, you are inspiring me.
    Seems like there's no stopping you now!
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. ~Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by truth
    Did you have odd areas of numbness around the area?

Did you find after a few days some deeper buising showing up? I have one mid thigh that is gnarly, like they had my thigh in a vise to move the leg.

What the fuck is the deal with staples? When did stitches go out of style?

Check her out...18 staples...ooooh lala!

Oh, and I'm 80 degrees ROM on the CPM today...sickity sick! Should be 90 bu the fockers dropped the machine here a day late.

Didn't have the surgery you had.... yet, but had the other stuff done. Only three small incisions and yes, even with those I have/had bruising, numbness and even a little puffiness. Still do and it's been three weeks and two days.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. ~Dave Barry

After knocking out several 2 hour plus road rides this past week I was able to run for 30 minutes on a treadmill today at 5.2 mph. I'm stoked.

Saw the doc yesterday. All good.

NO MORE PT!!!!!!!

After 18 months and 2 surgeries I am finally finished with PT.

I'm running outdoors for the first time since before the ACL (summer 2004) and slowly building my time. Cycling is strong and my swim is still a work in progress though I have my race distance. 13 weeks til the triathlon.

Congrats man. This is badass news. Celebrate it!

YEA DUDE

cant wait till i hear news like that. sounds like youve finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel. CONGRATS

8/19 marked 1 year without a catastrophic body part failure!!!!!

Get er done tomorrow!!!
    Move upside and let the man go through...

I played hoops for the first time in 2 years today. Holy shit was that awkward. Neither leg is doing what my brain is telling it to. The shooting came back quick, but the jumping and cutting....fack. Dunno if that'll ever be the same.