Columbia & maybe Brazil Travel Advice

A buddy and I are planning a 2 week trip to S. America over x-mas / New Years focused on Columbia. Thinking about hitting Brazil first and then Columbia. I realize that makes no sense logistically, but... Brazil. So first, just how stupid of an itinerary is 4 or 5 days in rio and 7-10 days in Columbia? Should we just do 2 weeks in Columbia? Ecuador? Any can't miss parties/adventures/meals/sights? What should I know?

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    What should I know?
    That it's spelled Colombia.

^^Hilarious
    Uno mas

Fuck... deserved that.

Avoid the Scopolamine Martinis.

The coke is cut with de-worming medicine. It is not worth it, seriously.

Peru is way better. Bolivia, even better. More sketch, but better.

Colombia is fucked right now for many reasons, Venezuela is one of them.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

colombia is an awesome and beautiful country. spent about two weeks down there in the spring of 2013. we started in medellin, then caught a flight to cartagena and explored some towns on the northern coast. medellin is an amazing city and if you want to party the place gets rad on the weekends. Cartagena, while a beautiful coastal town, is a tourist trap and feels like it, you can't walk down the street without being hasseled both by peddlers and police. I liked the smaller towns and the national parks on the gulf of mexico coast. the pacific coast while difficult to get to looks amazing and that's where I'd head if I was back down there, but i was glad to check out the northern coast. i'd just spend my time in one country or another if I only had two weeks. fly into a major city and then look for flights within the country (usually airfare is cheaper within south american countries than to prebook tickets from a north american ip address in advance, i'm forgetting the website to use but any hostel down there should be able to tell you)

Visit cartagena and fuck a donkey

Lawyers, guns and money.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I liked the smaller towns and the national parks on the gulf of mexico coast.
    Unless Colombia invaded Mexico, Cuba, or the US I think you mean a different shoreline.

I think there's a fogo de chao in town, knock out two birds with one stone.

Stick to one country. Two sounds great on paper, but the extra international travel will be a drag better spent doing other things.

Do you habla? If not, then most of Colombia will be un poco dificl. Cartagena being the exception. New Years in Cartagena is off the hook, Loco! Meddellin, if you can speak some Spanish, is a nice city (in parts), with some of the hottest women (Paisas) on the planet. Just don't wander into the neighborhoods on the hillsides (muy peligroso). I have no dope on Brazil other that it (or anywhere else in SA) would certainly be doable on a two week trip.