Thread: Boise trails

Boise trails

Going to Boise in a couple weeks. Likely 1-2 days to ride. Looking for 2-3 hour rides. Anyone want to divulge their favorite trail?

how fit are you? are you willing to do some climbing?

a few you could try

go up corrals/scott/ridge and get down hard guy

do hard guy/dry creek loop, not sure if it's a good idea since you have to cross water on dry creek

up from the military reserve towards shane's (you don't wanna climb 3 bears) and take shaw mountain rd, climb 5 mile gulch and take watchman to the top o 3 bears, get down back to the parking lot

mountain cove->connection->crestline->sidewinder->fat tire->frestone>chose your way back to the car, I usually take left at the end of freestone which require a more climbing but pretty easy, also at the end of fat tire it's worth going up freestone and take a left on trail 6 and down trail 4 back to sidewinder/fat tire, ride fat tire again and then go down freestone

let me know if you need some gps data, also let me know when you are gonna be in Boise we might be able to do some riding together but be aware I'm not the fastest climber and will do between 15 to 20 miles in 2 - 3 hrs depending on how hard is the climb!

Thanks. I'll look I to these.

^pretty solid suggestions, great time of year to ride.

i like to do this one in the reverse order, though they are both really fun either way:
    "mountain cove->connection->crestline->sidewinder->fat tire->frestone>chose your way back to the car"

start at military reserve -> up mountain cove/road -> freestone -> fat tire -> sidewinder down (left is single track right is moto at the fork; both fun, i prefer single track) -> right on crestline -> down hulls gulch -> connector back to military reserve.

hulls is my favorite in the lower trails, kind of fast and blind, so keep an eye out for hikers/runners/spandexed UH guys;

eagle bike park is also good for a couple hours if you like jumping.

Seems like you already know about this:
    http://www.ridgetorivers.org/

but it's worth throwing out there.

I loved the stuff up around Bogus (Eastside etc), but not sure if it is still clear.

Bogus stuff is definitely still clear.

dry creek is fun, start in bogus and ride to town.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    dry creek is fun, start in bogus and ride to town.
    Bumping this so I remember what Boise trails to check out in mid May

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Bumping this so I remember what Boise trails to check out in mid May
    all open now, people having been shuttling from bogus, would probably avoid mahalo right now, but sweet connie is mostly free of snow!

lower foothills and upper motorcycle trails are all rideable

Ridge to Rivers
    April 30 at 5:26pm ·
    https://www.facebook.com/ridgetorivers/

APRIL 30TH - HEAD'S UP...Three vehicles were broken in to today at the Old Penetentiary Trailhead for the Table Rock Trails. In all three instances, a window was smashed and valuables stolen from inside the vehicle. Boise Police are investigating the break-ins. Please protect your valuables before leaving for your trail outing!

Thanks for the beta. Hard Guy/Dry Creek is a fun way to break up the drive from the PNW to the desert. Might catch a bogus shuttle on the way home.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Anyone doing the Bogus to Barrel race?

https://10barrel.com/bogus-to-the-barrel/

I signed up to be a flagger. Should be a good time!

Bump: checking into whats riding well right now?
    Looking to ride around 1.5-2hrs on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

everything! it’s all still mostly dry! I’m not sure about mahalo and you might still find snow up at the ridge.

I’d probably start at the military reserve and do shanes, orchard, watchmen, 3bears loop

Thanks for the beta. Headed your way maybe November 7 or 8, on my way to Bend, then the 11th or so, on my way back.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Not much for snow on Around The Mountain trail up at Bogus. I don't know the status of the logging operation on Superior side (Chair 3), but I do know that there were a few places on ATM that were slick and snowcovered as of yesterday morning.
    I can't speak for the status of Mahalo, but know that Dry and Shingle creeks are all still riding very well as are most of the lower foothills trails.
    Enjoy.

Anybody want to ride tomorrow morning? Nov 7. Military reserve or wherever. PM me.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk