Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Senior Citizen discount?? Gaa..WTF?

OK....so I was up snow camping for a few days and on the ice. I forgot my swiss sunblock I've used for years...so long story short I came out of it with one hell of a frazzled snow-burned face looking like a racoon. I hop in my rig and stop at a little cafe on the road for a bite and some joe. Young waitress walks up to my table, looks at me and asks "Would you like the Senior Discount this morning, sir?"

I'm dumbfounded at first..
    I'm not Senior Discount age YET. NOT SO DAMN SOON, ye young whippersnapper...I still have MORE life to live, dammit!!!!

I didn't tell her any of this, of course....just thought it. Why the heck not, I think to my self. So I look up and tell her in the most wizened old voice I could summon, "Yes, mam."

I'm seriously not ready for the Senior Discount shit yet!! I just barely got used to college-age kids calling me "Sir" for crikey's sakes!!!

Went to the restroom and looked in the mirror and some old grizzled man was peeping back right at me....he looked like one of those "90 winters" portraits.

Anybody seen the Geritol?
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

AARP started hounding me a couple months ago. I'll-tell-you-what, that"ll give you a jolt when those mailers start showing up in your box.

You know that saying "I'm old enough to be your father"? Now I'm old enough to be their grandfather.

Bring on the senior discounts. Got two this year. Thing is, a midweek pass is still cheaper than some senior ski passes.

This the old fart check in page? I just told the boss yesterday that I was retiring.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    OK....so I was up snow camping for a few days and on the ice. I forgot my swiss sunblock I've used for years...so long story short I came out of it with one hell of a frazzled snow-burned face looking like a racoon. I hop in my rig and stop at a little cafe on the road for a bite and some joe. Young waitress walks up to my table, looks at me and asks "Would you like the Senior Discount this morning, sir?"

I'm dumbfounded at first..
    I'm not Senior Discount age YET. NOT SO DAMN SOON, ye young whippersnapper...I still have MORE life to live, dammit!!!!

I didn't tell her any of this, of course....just thought it. Why the heck not, I think to my self. So I look up and tell her in the most wizened old voice I could summon, "Yes, mam."

I'm seriously not ready for the Senior Discount shit yet!! I just barely got used to college-age kids calling me "Sir" for crikey's sakes!!!

Went to the restroom and looked in the mirror and some old grizzled man was peeping back right at me....he looked like one of those "90 winters" portraits.

Anybody seen the Geritol?
    Did you tell her to stay off your lawn?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    This the old fart check in page? I just told the boss yesterday that I was retiring.
    I got my letter saying I can apply but my first check won't be cut until May 1. Still going to work, can't live off just that account unless I move to Ecuador.
    Living vicariously through myself.

#getoffmylawn
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Who's yer grandaddy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I guess I am just barely old enough to be a grandfather. Damn. STFU your whore mouth with this AARP crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    I said this all the time until one day I learned that lift tickets are cheap on Boomer Fridays at one hill I sometimes ski, now I don't consider myself a boomer never wanted a Baby On Board sign on my Chrysler minivan never worshiped Reagan/Thatcher never drove a Benz or Beemer or Porsche, but I'll take a cheap ski ticket on a Friday even if I'm sub-AARP and when I hit that Senior Discount moment I'll rejoice if my legs still let me ski.

Lately I catch myself prefacing stories from my teens with "30 something years ago". Not quite retirement age, but unemployable is just around the corner...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

You fucks are old as shit.

That's what I was thinking...

Hahaha... I'm still trying to come to grips when someone calls me sir (gotta come up with something for my head) .... I'm pretty sure those are some excellent lyrics Creaky just laid down, just need to set it to some catchy tune.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Soylent Green powered ski lifts? It's bio-friendly.

I got my first one a couple of weeks ago. Was buying socks at Ross's Dress-For-Less on a Tuesday. Gal says, "it's senior Tuesday and if you're over 55 you can have 10% off!" I stuttered something about OK. Weird indeed. Good chatter splat. I see what you did there.

I feel like I should be taking part in this discussion, but I'm kind of tired and I think I'll take a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Lately I catch myself prefacing stories from my teens with "30 something years ago". Not quite retirement age, but unemployable is just around the corner...
    A local DJ played a pretty cool song a month ago, and then told everyone it was fifty fucking years old. Jesus, don't do that.

First Led Zep album is coming up to that pretty soon.

The Who announced their 50th anniversary tour fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You fucks are old as shit.
    Who you calling old?

Aren't you Old Larry's dad?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

From my teens I was always told I looked like my dad. It never bothered me much until I was told I looked just like my dad by the aides at his nursing home.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

First time I went to a movie and the ticket seller asked to see me driver's license it took me a while to figure out why. And I did qualify for the discount.
    Never figured out why seniors get the discount--we have most of the money.
    Urban dictionary: "Sir"--translation: fuck you you old fart.

the 1st time it happened to me we were booting it down a bike run at a ski are and somebody yelled out "on yer right sir!" and it occured to me i was pretty slow DH'er and it was time to give up that freeride shit

my tennant calls me mr XXX which is kinda wierd

maybe I need to act my age
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000