Page 197 of 230 FirstFirst ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 5745
    lots more pics to come. great time with a rad crew.

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post

AWESOME! When was this pic? before or after friday night?
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

that was the last in a streak of blue-bird cold-snow conditions.. so... thursday. friday was snow / freezing rain / rain then back to snow all day saturday.

that was the last in a streak of blue-bird cold-snow conditions.. so... thursday. friday was snow / freezing rain / rain then back to snow all day saturday.
    nice. north facing up there was sweet before friday at about 2 or 3pm, so that face had to be awesome.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

for sure! actually we skied a protected north facing zone until late friday and it stayed good until dark (although we got spackled coming back over the ridge)

one more from a week prior

Cannon was sweet yesterday (except the crazy lift lines), they had tramline closed but it was oh so sweet, after today maybe not so much. Made it through pretty much every melted out glade without so much as a scratch (including "the creek" which is once again, a creek) and then caught a jagged piece of metal buried in the snow after a little jump going from Peabody to Cannonball for this sweet shot. I was just happy it didn't take the edge with it.. When I got back patrol had put caution sticks up all around it, so other people must of hit it (hopefully only with their skis). Been reading around a little and it seems like epoxy, a ptex sheet and some pressure should do the trick?

Yup, it was THAT kind of day at Killington today. Wow, just, wow. I have been guilty of all sorts of Killington negativity over the years but after skiing there quite a bit last Spring and today's fun in the sun I'll try to be more open minded in the future. Double Dipper FTW!!!!!!!

I looked at the line lookers right back in February. I look forward to going back with the right partner(s). Rad terrain. What did you boys ski? I want a full TR. The place is so awesome.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Incredible "closing" day at Whiteface yesterday. Spiritual Rez puts on an awesome performance. And the skiing was good too. Still recovering.
    Last edited by t-the-east; 04-13-2015 at 06:22 PM. Reason: that vertical vid SUCKS. sorry.

Such a fine view.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Two old friends and Forest the dog went skiing on Cardigan. Forest ran, we skied. Forest was faster on the ups most of the day but was plenty tuckered out when we got back to the Lodge.

The Pano:

Hoods in the woods:

Woodpeckers went to town on this old tree

Movies too...but later
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

V. jelly of those of you who got out today! Awesome photos!

Great spring party vibes out there this weekend though. Sunday was such fun. Slush/corn day of epic proportions for sure.
    27° 18°

It looks different in late May. Awesome pic.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

^^ spot TC about 3/4 of the way up!

54.0` bob with bluebird skies after a bit of overnight rain. Hit 69.6` here yesterday and has not gone below 32` since Saturday = lots of snow melting. I can hear Rice Brook running with the windows closed. Watching 3 groomers on Mall assisting in the removal of towers. New Quad soon.
    That central couloir in the above pic is a spicy ski.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Nice work Jon on another MTW epic, looks like you scored bud!

And Rudeness I can't say enough how awesome that trip was, thanks for putting it together. You have some stellar and experienced mountain traveling friends. What an great group, weather, pow and vibe. I am on for next year for sure.

I don't think we left a line on that face untracked, here is shot looking back at the days end:

The conditions were excellent that day as well:

so much great skiing went down, luckily that rain glaze came at night friday and we were back to pow by the morning. I am sure we will get a full TR up soon.
    Last edited by thin cover; 04-14-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Nice work Jon on another MTW epic, looks like you scored bud!

And Rudeness I can't say enough how awesome that trip was, thanks for putting it together. You have some stellar and experienced mountain traveling friends. What an awesome group, weather, pow and vibe. I am on for next year for sure.

I don't think we left a line on that face untracked, here is shot looking back at the days end:

so much great skiing went down, luckily that rain glaze came at night friday and we were back to pow by the morning. I am sure we will get a full TR up soon,
    Some great pics right there!

Quote Originally Posted by massbmx View Post
    Cannon was sweet yesterday (except the crazy lift lines), they had tramline closed but it was oh so sweet, after today maybe not so much. Made it through pretty much every melted out glade without so much as a scratch (including "the creek" which is once again, a creek) and then caught a jagged piece of metal buried in the snow after a little jump going from Peabody to Cannonball for this sweet shot. I was just happy it didn't take the edge with it.. When I got back patrol had put caution sticks up all around it, so other people must of hit it (hopefully only with their skis). Been reading around a little and it seems like epoxy, a ptex sheet and some pressure should do the trick?

Yeah, that's the ticket. Get some base material and epoxy it down with some clamps. Just try to get it clamped down evenly. Use a panzar file or something equal as it will most likely be sticking up pretty high. Then fine tune it with a metal scraper and ideally have some shop belt and stone grind. You'll be good to go.

Or just fill it with epoxy and beat the shit out of it and buy new

And wtf with Cannon not dealing with shit. They really suck. There's a bunch of rebar in tramline that is so fucking dangerous and then something like this. Meanwhile the patrol whine about little things instead of doing work that is important. It would take ten minutes with a sawzall to cut the rebar flush with ground. That place needs to be flushed of the state worker entitlement attitudes...with some...not all.

Sweet pic Rude! Damn!

Anyone heading to Cannon tomorrow or Thursday? Looking to split a 2-fer on Thursday if so.

Mrs. Peruvian generally only skis the resorts before they open or after they close as it generally coincides with XC skiing sucking.

So we skinned up Bromley this afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	940.8 KB 
ID:	166202
    A little sip of greatness.

Stowe yesterday.

Stowzzz bumpzz look well formed.

52.2` bob sunny and calm, another no freeze night except for the very top bit, Wish the lifts opened earlier so the snowz would be less sloppy.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Holy GSA gopro angles. That was brutal.
    Snow looked good though.

Holy shit, those conditions look terrible .

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post

So good.