PSA Southwest Fare Sale: The Legit Winter One

Happy fare shopping: http://www.southwest.com/html/promot...ROWOWFUN141014

Book by October 16 for travel December 3 through December 17, 2014 and January 6 through February 11, 2015.

Travel is valid every day except Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Florida or Nevada is valid Sunday through Wednesday only. Additionally, travel from Florida or Nevada is valid Tuesday through Friday only. Travel between Nevada and Florida is valid on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only.

Far from a perfect sale, but this is one of their best.

Thanks Wolfman... Good deals are there I am sure.

However, I just looked at a long weekend to SLC from Boston on SW and Delta was only $40 more and it is a non stop. Just an FYI to check other fares, too.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Thanks Wolfman... Good deals are there I am sure.

However, I just looked at a long weekend to SLC from Boston on SW and Delta was only $40 more and it is a non stop. Just an FYI to check other fares, too.
    SWA still provides 2 free checked bags, no surcharge for ski bag. Delta will be $50 per checked bag. Non-stop vs. stopping, however... YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

SWA's no baggage fee is big, but no change fee is bigger for me. $200 on the legacy carriers.

Book a bunch of weekend trips and just use the ones that look good. If you use points, they never expire and just go back into your account.

if you have decent credit, it is fairly easy to get the Southwest Companion ticket, which would provide free travel for you and a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibby View Post
    if you have decent credit, it is fairly easy to get the Southwest Companion ticket, which would provide free travel for you and a friend.
    I'm shooting for one starting in January.
    http://thepointsguy.com/2014/01/maxi...nd-strategies/

^^^^Offer expired March 9, 2014.

Another nice thing about SW is if the price goes down, you can change to the less expensive ticket and get the difference as a credit. I did that yesterday with a ticket I had bought during their last "sale" but was cheaper during this sale...same flights.

The Delta credit card is the way to go if you fly delta...1 free checked bag and carry on your boots, so no bag fees.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    ^^^^Offer expired March 9, 2014.
    I just used points guy's blurb to explain the companion pass.
    The 50,000 mile promotion at that time expired. There's currently a new one right now and they offer them every couple of months.
    Wait until after January 1 to apply, to maximize the value.