Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Douchebags call SF "the city." Non douchebags also call it "the city." So does just about everyone else who grew up around the bay. It's not exclusive to a particular segment of the population - it's just a local term. But no one local calls it Frisco... except Otis Redding and he gets a pass on that one of course.
    I recently asked a Palo Alto resident why we don't refer to San Jose as "the city," given that it's closer and more populated.

the city by the bay......
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Except they didn't play the 66-67 season in frisco. They were the Oakland Warriors. World Champions were from Oakland. The throwback "The City" jersey's now are pretty weak.

Whatev Mr. Internet Historian - I was there. Yeah, yeah, the real jerseys and shorts were different yada yada yada...so much opinion and hot air, so little actual experience...go listen to some Bill King highlights to get fired up and stop being such a turd.

Quick: what number was CJ and where did he go to high school? What was Charles Dudley's nickname? Which Warriors player once dunked and shattered a blackboard? Which Warrior kept a Xmas tree up all year?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Whatev Mr. Internet Historian - I was there. Yeah, yeah, the real jerseys and shorts were different yada yada yada...so much opinion and hot air, so little actual experience...go listen to some Bill King highlights to get fired up and stop being such a turd.

Quick: what number was CJ and where did he go to high school? What was Charles Dudley's nickname? Which Warriors player once dunked and shattered a blackboard? Which Warrior kept a Xmas tree up all year?
    Went to Oakland Warrior games for years with season tickets and know all about simulcast with Bill King. Which Warrior saved a dolphin?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    my fav warrior shot free throws underhand, kids.
    Ever hear the story about how Rick Barry worked on that technique with Shaq and he was actually doing really well that way but refused to try it in games because of his ego? Pretty lame.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 10-21-2014 at 11:41 AM.

I won't argue that we don't have a full complement of self-righteous narcissists here in SF, but at least there's no bar (that I know of) that charges extra for artisanal ice. Yet.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/b...artisanal-ice/

(I'm sure one of the "gritty" bars in the mission favorited by the techbussoccerdudes on foursquare will soon follow).

Jesus, get a really good filter and bigger stainless steel cube trays.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    the city by the bay......
    City of Butt-holey Love?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    The talent is sparse...if you like methy looking tramps, it's your kind of scene. If you want to get weird go to Casa Diablo for some vegan food and entertainment.
    Vegans smell funny.

I guess I'm over SanFran. Can't afford it anyway. Now it's all Portland, all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmLp9Mn-5rg

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Went to Oakland Warrior games for years with season tickets and know all about simulcast with Bill King. Which Warrior saved a dolphin?
    Had to be Yohan for sure

that was seattle with kurt & grunge.
    Pre-Windows 95 Seattle was all about the "so we're also a city" vibe, dontchathink?

Looks like it's Halloween 24-7 there...

http://www.sfgate.com/style/article/...co-5828105.php

my fav warrior shot free throws underhand, kids.
    Doesn't really help, since everyone's fav Warrior is either Rick Barry or George Johnson.

up till rick, al attles & nate thurmond ran the team, so, yeah i guess it's still rick barry for me.
    But Al Attles and Nate Thurmond didn't shoot underha... never mind.

Anyway, and with regard to the thread topic, I live here, so probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
    Looks like it's Halloween 24-7 there...

http://www.sfgate.com/style/article/...co-5828105.php
    My favorite line from that article: "Let me put it this way: I lived in New York 19 years without being chastised for not owning any costumes."

So true. I've gone to parties in SF and heard "where's your costume?" And I'm 34. My answer is I have three kids so it was difficult enough to make it out, much less wear some fucking outfit. Good people for the most part at those parties, but that shit gets old quick.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    My favorite line from that article: "Let me put it this way: I lived in New York 19 years without being chastised for not owning any costumes."

So true. I've gone to parties in SF and heard "where's your costume?" And I'm 34. My answer is I have three kids so it was difficult enough to make it out, much less wear some fucking outfit. Good people for the most part at those parties, but that shit gets old quick.
    blame Burning Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    blame Burning Man.
    Nah, halloween always been big in frisco:

The Halloween celebration held in The Castro district of San Francisco began in the 1940s as a neighborhood costume contest. By the late 1970s, it had shifted from a children's event to a gay celebration that continued to grow into a massive annual street party until 2006 when a shooting wounded nine people and prompted the city to call off the event.

got quiet just now with royals first lead of the series.
    Royals fans have no imagination. They're using the Warriors' "We Believe" slogan...