Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    From that thread:
    oh & cbtbakkes - thanks for your 15 bucks. If you want to address a concern regarding your show experience please don't hesitate to contact our customer service line. 1-888-eat-shit.
    Frozen should come back here occasionally

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Basically, I think Blurred was saying something similar to this like... 8 years ago.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...173#post924173

[I am amazed/disgusted/impressed that I could recall and find that thread]
    Whoa, how did you find that? That in-bounds segment was a long time in the making, even though it was a hard sell. It just had to be done.
    or don't

I'm kind of embarrassed that I could find it. Got it first google search on a phrase that stuck in my head for 8 years. Kind of kooky and lame, but that's my forte!

I Haven't seen DooY yet, but good to hear it worked. That Max Hammer at Jackson inbounds edit from a year ago made resort skiing look good on film as well.
    Last edited by neck beard; 11-08-2014 at 01:27 AM.
    Life is not lift served.

I like the inbounds segment. Shows what fun mere mortals can have at a ski resort in low-ish tide conditions.

There's a lot of people who think that if you're not balls deep in pow you can't have fun. But you just need imagination.

can't wait to see it

Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    But you just need imagination.
    And shredding with some awesome friends never goes astray

Wasn't pretty much all of Stump's stuff inbounds, minus the Euro segments? I watched License To Thrill not too long ago and couldn't put a finger on why it, and pretty much all his stuff, was so good. Finally I realized it was the inbounds terrain that made it great, not just because it was semi-relatable (terrain we all see within or near a resort), but due to the intimacy. Many of the shots were skiers filling the entire screen, it brought you there to the action rather than some far off line shot from a helicopter or adjacent peak. As a kid I used to study the technique of the skiers in Stump's films, you could clearly see what they were doing, that's very difficult with most of today's films. During the shootout in Blizzard I felt connected with them, watching modern films I feel like a distant third person observer.

As for Days of My Youth I thought the first two segments, tree skiing and inbounds, were good, after that it fell off for me and I started reaching for the fast forward.

^^^ actually that's a really good point hey, thinking back pretty much all his stuff was at some form of resort. I remember this one segment of him flying down a mogul run at heavenly. Think it was a Warren Miller movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Wasn't pretty much all of Stump's stuff inbounds, minus the Euro segments? I watched License To Thrill not too long ago and couldn't put a finger on why it, and pretty much all his stuff, was so good. Finally I realized it was the inbounds terrain that made it great, not just because it was semi-relatable (terrain we all see within or near a resort), but due to the intimacy. Many of the shots were skiers filling the entire screen, it brought you there to the action rather than some far off line shot from a helicopter or adjacent peak. As a kid I used to study the technique of the skiers in Stump's films, you could clearly see what they were doing, that's very difficult with most of today's films. During the shootout in Blizzard I felt connected with them, watching modern films I feel like a distant third person observer.

As for Days of My Youth I thought the first two segments, tree skiing and inbounds, were good, after that it fell off for me and I started reaching for the fast forward.
    Most of the Cham stuff in Blizzard is straight off a lift. Granted some of it's on a glacier so you need the know-how or a guide, but in Cham terms it's nothing too out there.

Easily the worst MSP movie ever made.

And that counts "Superheros of stoke"

seriously two years for that? I think it could have been edited into a pretty good 20 minute flick. So much talking... so little skiing. Also pretty weak music.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

SHUT THE FUCK UP FATASS

Went and saw the local showing last night and came away disappointed. Yes, the inbounds stoke at Revy was fun to watch, in that it really showed what skiing is about - having fun, regardless of the conditions - but, for a two year project, it came up way short, in my books. Yes, there were a couple puckering lines (that coulie by... Abma?) was crazy, but I was expecting more after their last couple productions. Glad I went and saw it, just wasn't as good as I expected.

Can't wait for Almost Ablaze next week!
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

I enjoyed "Days of My Youth" especially the inbounds segment. The negatives I took away was the James Heim segment was a complete waste of 15 minutes and there wasn't enough talent in in it.