Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
    Just Ms TBS & me this year so did a mezo-American indigenous meal - only foods native to Western Hemisphere.

Salad of tomatoes, nopalitos, avacado, queso fresco, pepitas and pickled onion
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2AD6C8FD-85BA-43E8-B2C6-C71027FB3DC9.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	771.6 KB 
ID:	435383

Second course of cranberries, sweet potato and pacific snapper in an achiote seed paste. The fish did not turn out as nice looking as the cookbook pic but was still good - making tacos out of leftovers.

Name:	D09BC02B-5FE8-4CBA-82AC-F4402F487B18.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	692.2 KB 
ID:	435384

Third course of Buffalo and pinto bean stew.

Name:	4A0BD057-9479-439D-B5CF-90DDF7CA1246.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	670.1 KB 
ID:	435386
    A coworker of Ms TBS made this for a work lunch and I was told to make it just like the recipe - and like it. It was Meh but isn’t bad as an omelette filling

No dessert - I’m diabetic.

Covered our turkey breat with bacon, over the skin, roasted at 325, pulled the bacon off once it was crispy, to crisp the skin. The temp was 171 to 161. I spatchcocked it after hacking off the rib cage. The ribcage went in the Instapot for bone broth for the gravy. Kicked ass. Turkey was not at all dry due to the bacon. I need a new oven that cooks more evenly.

When we do turkey we usually do the bacon thing, a maple syrup glaze works well with that and makes the bacon a delicious candied pre dinner treat.

Christmas and Thanksgiving are usually the two days where we’re glad we bought a stove with a double oven. That thing is a godsend on holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Christmas and Thanksgiving are usually the two days where we’re glad we bought a stove with a double oven. That thing is a godsend on holidays.
    First thing we upgraded at this house. The wife was not living without it after having one in WJordan.

Reminds me of an outdated Italian stereotype from my area - you'd have a baller modern clean kitchen on the main level, but actually do the majority of your cooking in the garage or ancient basement kitchen. Double ovens ftw!

That’s a total upstate thing. All them eye-talians got that sweet double set up.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Reminds me of an outdated Italian stereotype from my area - you'd have a baller modern clean kitchen on the main level, but actually do the majority of your cooking in the garage or ancient basement kitchen. Double ovens ftw!
    Out in Trumansburg a friend of my dad's had an old house with the second kitchen in the enclosed breezeway/mudroom. It was a complete setup and pretty nice.