TR: Grand Motte Glacier in October was Decent!

I had to be in Europe for work in October. It was my first trip there, and since I probably won’t make it there very often, I couldn’t pass up the chance to go to the Alps. After some research I found that the Grand Motte Glacier, in the Espace Killy/Tignes area of France had some skiable terrain. I also found some extremely cheap chalet deals for meals, accommodations and access to the glacier thanks to Mountain Sun, a UK based holiday company.

The only real downside was that this is training season for all the young European ski champs and so the hill was littered with them and they took up quite a bit of space and contributed to a few lineups. But if you are willing to put up with that, the snow conditions, terrain and ridiculously cheap price of accommodation for October is well worth the trip.

My friend and I got a little creative about finding ways to stay away from the crowd by climbing a little higher up the lift accessible terrain and found some spots to lay some fresh tracks. We also found a decent hip to practice some airs.

Overall a really good time, a head start to the season, and the staff who hosted us from Mountain Sun were totally awesome! Basically just a relaxed and friendly crew of folks as passionate about alpine sports as we were, living and working in the Alps. Here are some photos to make y’all jelly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	587.0 KB 
ID:	158947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	678.8 KB 
ID:	158948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1413044843.218307.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	670.7 KB 
ID:	158949Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1413044809.337483.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	687.1 KB 
ID:	158950Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1413044783.492489.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	481.9 KB 
ID:	158951
    27° 18°

first tr of the season ???

looks good !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

FKNA! Stoke!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Cakespreader at work!! Stoke!!

Hell Yeah. Love to be there about now.