Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Forum Organization and Additions

Hey Mags!

In case you haven't noticed we went through this morning and re-named some of the forum categories and moved a few forums into different ones. Here's a list of what is different:

• Re-named 'Winter' to 'Ski/Snowboard' and now the main sub-forum is the 'General Ski/Snowboard Discussion'
    • Added 'Sprocket Rockets' into it's own 'Biking' Category as there might also be additional biking sub-forums in the future.
    • Combined 'Summits' and 'Hook Ups'. Now it just lives under 'Hook Ups'
    • Added a 'Climbing' and general 'Outdoors' forum under 'Other Sports'. We will be going through in the next week to move any climbing threads that exist into the 'Climbing' forum.
    • Added a 'Media & Arts' Category and moved 'Music, Books, Movies' and 'Photo/Video' into it
    • Renamed 'Everything Else' to 'Chatter, Blather & Archives'
    • Moved 'Ask TGR' into it's own 'Tech Support' category

This shouldn't affect too much of your world here but let us know what you think or if you have any other ideas behind the board navigation.

Regarding the 'Biking' category, we are debating dividing 'Sprocket Rockets' up in 'Mountain Biking' and 'Road Biking' and also adding it's own 'Buy/Sell' forum. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    Regarding the 'Biking' category, we are debating dividing 'Sprocket Rockets' up in 'Mountain Biking' and 'Road Biking' and also adding it's own 'Buy/Sell' forum. Thoughts?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, unless you're considering a "Canwilf's demented ramblings" sub-forum.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

mountain bike forum should be further divided by wheel size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    mountain bike forum should be further divided by wheel size.
    First by tube/tubeless, then wheel size under each?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Did I miss that the TR forum is new too? Maybe request it be a TR archive (if it already isn't, it may be) ? Seems that the current system of having TRs in their respective forums works well for traffic reasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    First by tube/tubeless, then wheel size under each?
    ...and handle bar width.

spook Guest
    shouldn't every section have gaper and pro subsections? I'm not sure if I feel comfortable posting with all the pros. and as we all know, the snow sports industry needs gapers.

Wheelsize, then handlebar width, then location. You should put as many sub forums and topics in as possible, so no one posts anything anymore.

FUCKING STOP IT.
    You did the same shit with photo/video upload/embed. It's fucking retardedly complicated now, and it's a detriment. I said it before: STOP OVER THINKING THIS. IDK, if it's because it's shoulder season or what, but you and Ryan appear to just be sitting around trying to over complicate the tgr website and forums with annoying popups, slow performance, and now a search function that doesn't work at all in the Android app.

here it is one more time in case you didn't get it: FUCKING STOP IT.
    Go ride your bike or take a hike or something.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

FUCKING STOP IT.

spook Guest
    Ryan is trying to outwit the joneses so he can stage a coup and make even shittier movies starring himself in every scene.

well, that escalated quickly.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    Ryan is trying to outwit the joneses so he can stage a coup and make even shittier movies starring himself in every scene.
    jesus, spook. sometimes you really are a idiot.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, unless you're considering a "Canwilf's demented ramblings" sub-forum.
    Heh. This is exactly what I was gonna say.

Thanks, I like it, especially the climbing and camping shit.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    jesus, spook. sometimes you really are a idiot.

yeah, well, sometimes the male cheerleaders give me a boner. especially in super slomo heading to the chopper with shitty music.

The Line

You might have stood there hundreds of times before but everytime you look down it again, it's new.

The way the snow piles in is different every time and you have to stand there and read it.

You read it carefully trying to see the way the snow sits in there this time. Every time you do that, you see it like it never really was before.
    Because it never really was like that before. And that's part of what makes skiing so great.

So you try to line things up, pick just the right way around some feature. You try to choose the best place and the best way to scrub speed, decide which scallop or drift or roll holds the best way through, the best balance between losing it entirely and teetering on the edge and looking over but holding on. Because looking over the edge is where you see.

The line.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wisdom, right there, people. Dropped right in your lap. Le Toque provides.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Hugh Conway Guest
    A forum with 10 threads in it - over 6 months - is a dead forum. Dead forums - even with stupid spammy threads - don't attract posts.

Not that you guys give a shit - you've asked the members multitple times they've provided honest feedback with valid reasons TO NOT DO WHAT YOU JUST DECIDED TO DO and you do whatever the fuck you want anyways.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

This place will never be dead as long as Hugh keeps logging in telling you how it's suppose to be done.
    Whenever TGR gets flaccid, he will be there leghumping and stroking up the page views so you can tell the spansers how cool we all are.
    Thanks Hugh, your hate fuels this place into a real moneymaker.

Hugh Conway Guest
    if mud likes it, yer fucked.

they can't handle that the board is mostly stokeless dipshit asshats - some knowing (Hughs) - some unknowing (muds) - that's a known fact.

Keep rearranging the deckchairs Dunfee!

Forum Organization and Additions

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The Line

You might have stood there hundreds of times before but everytime you look down it again, it's new.

The way the snow piles in is different every time and you have to stand there and read it.

You read it carefully trying to see the way the snow sits in there this time. Every time you do that, you see it like it never really was before.
    Because it never really was like that before. And that's part of what makes skiing so great.

So you try to line things up, pick just the right way around some feature. You try to choose the best place and the best way to scrub speed, decide which scallop or drift or roll holds the best way through, the best balance between losing it entirely and teetering on the edge and looking over but holding on. Because looking over the edge is where you see.

The line.

Thank you. Hope all is well B.

hidden gems and stashes like that used to be the norm. Now it's just all tracked out.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The Line

The line.

you guys scrub speed? now i'm even more disillusioned.

In honor of BettyDee

There's only one more forum needed: Magette Central. Give the girls a place of their own. Kinda like women only clinics that build stoke for women that might have otherwise lacked some confidence; or maybe I don't know why the hell they work, but they do. Same goes for this: if there are any females on here who choose to contribute more after getting to know each other (and confirming they're not alone) instead of just peeking in on the men's locker room of TGR it would be a good thing. See the current thread in the ski forum. See klar's comment about Liz encouraging her to stand up for her fellow skiers. There used to be more magettes during the long lost golden age, and it was better. Didn't stop guys from being guys, just helped make the tone a lot less Beavis. You might have to let Spook police it....or not. Launch it and let the girls make their own rules.

^^^ Good idea. May be more policing than the brass is looking for though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    A forum with 10 threads in it - over 6 months - is a dead forum. Dead forums - even with stupid spammy threads - don't attract posts.

Not that you guys give a shit - you've asked the members multitple times they've provided honest feedback with valid reasons TO NOT DO WHAT YOU JUST DECIDED TO DO and you do whatever the fuck you want anyways.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.
    Hugh is actually quite right.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.