Honduras & Nicaragua ?

Heading there in a week to do some cool stuff. Anyone have any input on places to go, stay, see &/or avoid? Thanks

My ladyfriend worked in Honduras for 8 months for a rafting company so I think we have a good idea of what to do whilst there, so mainly looking for any suggestions in Nicaragua. Looking to stay for cheap without totally slumming it.

Cheers for any help

Bring a mosquito net.

http://www.magnificrockpopoyo.com

This place is great. I stayed just down the beach at Santana. Great times

Wife and I really enjoyed Little Corn Island, though it has been a number of years since. Some decent diving for cheap. Super chill, but a very small island. Bit of an adventure to get to and fro.

Is her name Maude?

We spent two weeks on the west coast of Nicaragua this spring. Mostly out on the coast at Los Cardones and Hotel Gran Pacifica. Both were very different but nice. Honestly, if I went again, with the wife, I'd go straight for Gran Pacifica, or head down to San Juan Del Sur. Surfing was good, food was great, and you can get a room with a kitchen and buy fresh food from the locals. Very nice infinity pool, golf, and a decent restaurant. We got a cheap room/suite with a kitchenette but others are more expensive. If you want good surf, go here, but the best break is rocky and dangerous. There's a good beginner break not far away.

Los Cardones was also pretty nice, all meals included, ecolodge style. About a mile down the beach from Gran pacifica. Super laid back, good food, very nice people. They also have houses for rent if you ask, which have AC, the rest of the cabanas are kinda rustic. Main thing there is there is very little power or running water. This can be tougher than you think when it's super hot out. There's also some bugs. We would have stayed longer but my wife preferred AC and a kitchen.

Later on, we went into Granada and stayed at the Hotel Colonial. Owners are Swiss, and very helpful/friendly. I think we paid $90 a night Awesome pool and swim up bar. The town has a good amount of great restaurants and the islands on the lake are pretty cool, as well as the cathedrals. A lot of history there. Wish we had spent more time there.

PM if you want more info.

Went there for two weeks about a year ago on our honeymoon. Def surf and chill at the breaks near magnific rock, Santana, Colorado. We stayed in playa gigante. Super laid back, fresh fish every day, and cheap.

Spent a few days hiking volcanos and exploring isla ometepe. Amazing doesn't begin to describe this place. A volcanic island in the middle of lake Nicaragua (2 massive volcanos). We hiked to the top of volcan Maderas and swam in the lagoon in the crater.

Everything is organic, and due to the volcanic soil the fruits and vegetables are bigger and juicier. Everything is so fertile...2 or 3 nights is good on ometepe.

Rented this place for $400 a night and we had 10 people= dirt cheap. The break out front is Colorados. Great times

nice. we are thinking more along the lines of like $7/night.
    we are surfing for sure, volcano boarding, swimming in volcanoes, rafting and kayaking, and hiking.
    any places to do this in Nicaragua?