Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,567

    That Time of Year, Backcountry.com Hiring

    We are hiring seasonal gearheads, click the link, apply. Easy. Hit me up with any questions.


    http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/...Job&j=oY4qZfwb
    Last edited by JTrue; 10-10-2014 at 10:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,502
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    We are hiring seasonal IT heads, click the link, apply. Easy. Hit me up with any questions.

    https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oY4qZfwb&s
    098765432

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,252
    linky no worky.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,252
    oh hey...JTrue...is this in "in house" job or remote? Im in Utah and wouuld love to pick up a part time (would have to be nights) gig.

    Ad on the site doesnt reallly say.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,567
    Sorry bout the link, new hires work from the office. https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oY4qZfwb

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,732
    i didn't think you guys whizz quizzed.
    is that new?
    or is the distrubution center different from the office?
    do you really need clean urine to answer gear questions
    "it's about a lifestyle"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,132
    ^^^i can understand around 50% of your posts so I guess it's debatable
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,732
    these days the piss test is more of an are you intelligent enough to summit clean urine than are you using test
    aint any substances that would allow me to crank out 30wpm in an understandable format be it sustaining or abstaining
    reguardless of my gear knowledge
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,111

    That Time of Year, Backcountry.com Hiring

    I swear, some of the "gearheads" dont kno jack shit. Same with people at evo, have you ever asked them a question? You can get much better info starting a thread here..even as a new member filtering through all the BS posts..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JH, WY
    Posts
    2,055

    That Time of Year, Backcountry.com Hiring

    I'll second bc.com gearheads knowing little about gear. Honesty, I'll ask shops in Jackson over the phone/in person. They have people who actually get after it.
    Last edited by Altaholic; 10-11-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,732
    i can't speak for their gearheads as the ones here are far to entertaining to bother elsewhere but j true has helped me help other maggots get gear several times.
    and is damn knowledgable
    other than that i recommend ya not fish the spawn and leave them damn fishes to fuck
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaholic View Post
    I'll second by.com gearheads knowing little about gear. Honesty, I'll ask shops in Jackson over the phone/in person. They have people who actually get after it.
    True that

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,502
    On cold and lonely nights I like to chat with the brunette. She seems to know her stuff.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,567
    No drug screen for the call center. Distribution Center employees are around heavy equipment, some operate said equipment, hence the need for screening.

    As for knowledgeable gearheads, we have plenty of those. We have been working on our call/chat routing to get you to the right person, still a work in progress. We are also working on clinics and training to try and get everyone up to speed on all the categories we cover. Obviously people are passionate about different activities, so it's hard to be an expert in every category of gear we sell.

    Example, a gearhead that's a die hard trad climber might not be into backcountry skiing. They can probably cover the basics, but might struggle with the intricacies. Same for fly fishing, it's a relatively new offering from backcountry. We have a number of guides or super knowledgeable agents that work for us, but you might not get connected with them on the first try. If the person you're chatting with isn't able to answer your question ask them to tranfer you to someone that can. If no one is available you can leave a message and we will get back to you.

    If you have any issues feel free to hit me up on here or shoot me an email. Jtrue at backcountry dot com.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Splat's Garage
    Posts
    3,283
    I really think Hugh would excel at this job.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JH, WY
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    No drug screen for the call center. Distribution Center employees are around heavy equipment, some operate said equipment, hence the need for screening.

    As for knowledgeable gearheads, we have plenty of those. We have been working on our call/chat routing to get you to the right person, still a work in progress. We are also working on clinics and training to try and get everyone up to speed on all the categories we cover. Obviously people are passionate about different activities, so it's hard to be an expert in every category of gear we sell.

    Example, a gearhead that's a die hard trad climber might not be into backcountry skiing. They can probably cover the basics, but might struggle with the intricacies. Same for fly fishing, it's a relatively new offering from backcountry. We have a number of guides or super knowledgeable agents that work for us, but you might not get connected with them on the first try. If the person you're chatting with isn't able to answer your question ask them to tranfer you to someone that can. If no one is available you can leave a message and we will get back to you.

    If you have any issues feel free to hit me up on here or shoot me an email. Jtrue at backcountry dot com.
    The moral is that most bc.com employees don't get drug tested, but they do test drugs.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    JH/AK/Los Andes
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    new hires work from the office.
    Bummer
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Eagle River Alaska
    Posts
    10,908
    I seriously would be great at this... I know love and use gear in all sorts of different sports, and have connections in "the fly fishing industry" (whatever the fuck that means) and spend a lot of time sitting on the interwebz and chatting with people.

    But moving to Utah is out of the question.

    Bummer
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    stevens pass
    Posts
    277
    can i work from the home office here in idaho? my own hours?

    im an expert in
    fishing
    backpacking
    climbinb (rock not alpine)
    kayaking
    rafting
    mutltitasking while watching pornhub
    google searches
    snowboarding
    teleskiing
    and cooking top ramen.,

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    961
    can I just have a bro code to do some shopping?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,732
    Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    I seriously would be great at this... I know love and use gear in all sorts of different sports, and have connections in "the fly fishing industry" (whatever the fuck that means) and spend a lot of time sitting on the interwebz and chatting with people.

    But moving to Utah is out of the question.

    Bummer
    ya wouldn't dig it here way less fish for you to catch
    way more pussy for you to not
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Juxtaposition
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    way less fish for you to catch
    way more pussy for you to not
    Dood really is a poet.
    Life is not lift served.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,567
    Bump, 123456

    Last week of training is 11/16. Apply if you're interested.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •