Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying silver bullion?

With silver prices down, I'm thinking of buying some bullion. Anyone have a recommendation of places to do business? A few years back my company had Northwest Territorial Mint make up some coins for us. They ask about $2.50 above spot prices for smaller quantities (better prices for larger orders).

Anyone know of any others?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

OMG, you are Ron from Parks and Rec incarnate.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

You can take secure delivery on a Comex contract at .30c+- an oz over settlement to third party delivery location. Just don't over leverage. Smallest contract is 1000 oz.

Due to the Ebolaz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I know a guy who cashes checks in rolls of quarters and pulls out the old ones. Seems like a bit to much effort for me.

I'm not really an investor, but probably have a couple grand in silver and gold coins. Bought almost all of mine through pawn shops during lulls just like this one. They wheel and deal a bunch so if you time it right you usually aren't getting raked over the coals. Just know the current pricing before walking in. But again I'm not really an active investor but like to have a couple coins that I can easily just grab and know at least I'm covered a little bit so I just kinda stumble into them when I'm looking for some other toy to be bought cheap.

Speaking of which, if you want music equipment pawn shops are fucking awesome for that. I've got two full on redneck Marshall stacks in the garage that I paid a grand total of 400 for.

I've heard from a few guys that if you do want to treat it as an investment, just get bars. Coins are cool for portability but also easily lost.
    Live Free or Die

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Due to the Ebolaz?
    Due to $17 silver.
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Speaking of which, if you want music equipment pawn shops are fucking awesome for that. I've got two full on redneck Marshall stacks in the garage that I paid a grand total of 400 for.
    Pawn shop guitars are depressing. Crackheads who run steel strings on cheap classicals with oily saleshits who say "oh, neck resets are cheap"

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Pawn shop guitars are depressing.
    They only play country songs about trucks, ex-girlfriends and dogs?
    I still call it The Jake.

I had a friend who's dad had ~50 nice guitars because he either owned a pawn shop or had a deal with a friend who did and would buy the nice ones when they came in.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I know a guy who cashes checks in rolls of quarters and pulls out the old ones. Seems like a bit to much effort for me.

I'm not really an investor, but probably have a couple grand in silver and gold coins. Bought almost all of mine through pawn shops during lulls just like this one. They wheel and deal a bunch so if you time it right you usually aren't getting raked over the coals. Just know the current pricing before walking in. But again I'm not really an active investor but like to have a couple coins that I can easily just grab and know at least I'm covered a little bit so I just kinda stumble into them when I'm looking for some other toy to be bought cheap.

I've heard from a few guys that if you do want to treat it as an investment, just get bars. Coins are cool for portability but also easily lost.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Due to $17 silver.
    Going to mint your own Gadsden flag coins?

(plus silver bullets might also work on the Ebola zombies)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Could be pretty interesting, especially with Zinc reaching peak...

I think 17 is a nice pullback, but I like 12 better. Same with gold, off 40%, but 800 would be better.

I'd use Ampex, but part of buying gold and silver is paying cash and leaving no trace. Buy a little bit every yr and forget about it.

Fuck buying precious metals, after the Ebola/Zombie Apocolypse ammo will be the new currency. Jer will be the next generations Warren Buffet.

On a serious note: my investment rule is do not invest in the same industry as your day job. In other words, if the price of metals drops through the floor, not only will your mine close down and you lose your income but your investments vaporize too. Obviously this rule does not apply to everyone but I think it makes sense for the common working man.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Would not minted coin be a more exchangeable commodity?

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Would not minted coin be a more exchangeable commodity?
    Not unless it is something like junk silver coins from US. Plus, the spread on numismatic coins is outrageous for any kind of investment.

Dollar making a move higher after ECB. Silver back below $17. Right now is a decent entry point for a trade.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I have an uncle through marriage who is about to inherit about a dozen 50 cal ammo boxes full of silver "rounds" from his brother. He was asking me how to turn that silver back to cash without a tax hit because he needs to pay his sister in laws nursing home and medical bills with it. I told him they didnt cover that on the CPA exam.

The Silver is currently in South Dakota if you're close by i may have a supplier for you. Never met the dude but he is a full blown prepper. Made lots of money in the oil industry and sunk most of it into his bunker that his house sits on top of. He now has a lift to get him down into the bunker because hes been in a wheelchair the last few years. He told my uncle that his greatest regret is that he wont be around when the end is here.

Toilet paper is the most sound investment for the upcoming zombie apocalypse. Lifes pretty uncomfortable without toilet paper.

Costcos got some good deals and that stuff soft....

^^^That and ammo are all you really need. Everything else can be traded for or taken with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Toilet paper is the most sound investment for the upcoming zombie apocalypse. Lifes pretty uncomfortable without toilet paper.

Costcos got some good deals and that stuff soft....
    Psh, smearing shit all over your ass with a piece of paper is for savages. I hooked my bidet up to a cistern for the end times. If nothing else, I'll go out feeling fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Psh, smearing shit all over your ass with a piece of paper is for savages. I hooked my bidet up to a cistern for the end times. If nothing else, I'll go out feeling fresh.
    Silver fixtures? Or gold?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Silver fixtures? Or gold?
    Platinum, plebe.