Folsom Trigger II

A couple months back, during the heat of the summer, i got the itch to start thinking about skis. Been skiing mostly DPS and Iggies for a long time and wanted something different. A ski that wasn't directed toward bc or deep snow.

Anyway, was interested in, dare I say, an "all mtn", most conditions, resort ski. Mainly to follow around my daughter and her friends through trees, bumps groomers and stuff young kids like to ski. Rather than asking TGR what to buy, (cause as we all know everyone here is 24 years old and charges sick, gnar, kind, burly, deep, epic bc lines, while hucking their meat off 75 footers and hitting fluffy pillows on the runout), I went searching on the interweb, (that doesn't translate to epicski). Came across Folsom skis. Seemed like they have come a long way since their start and more importantly , I liked the construction and shapes from them. Sent the email inquiry and got a call within a few hours. Talked to Ryan and he set me straight. Super nice and knowledgeable guy and it was easy to tell he was extremely passionate about what he does for a living. Reminded me of Igneous when they got their start here in JH. We came to the conclusion the newly redesigned Trigger 2 with a tiny bit of tail rocker to follow kids through less than ideal shit was the ski for me. Being that they were doing a summer sale, I couldn't pass these things up.

The sticks showed up yesterday! The hand flex feels very good, (not that that means much but...). The ski seems to be constructed very well. Top sheet material isn't gonna rip off easily. Sidewalls are solid too. Damn fine looking ski.

Obviously, I don't have a review. And being that these are gonna be dedicated resort sticks, I won't have one for a while. Just wanted to give Folsom a plug and find out who is skiing their skis around this place.

there doesn't seem to be much talk about these guys here. Plenty of maggots around CO, (they are one the front range somewhere I think). From the decision process to delivery, (fair price included), Folsom was great. As popular as the indie skis are around this place, why no love?

Back with a review around after lifts start spinning.

Folsom makes great sticks. I know of a few mags and non mags on them. For some reason I've never quite managed to fit a pair into my quiver in between the Praxis and ON3P, but I imagine I'll own a pair of their skis eventually. Their construction is top notch, right in line with the other highly respected indie manufacturers.

I have a pair of gambits in my quiver between praxis and on3p. I love that ski. Too much overlap for sure, but whatever. They are awesome. I had the same experience with Ryan. I was going back and forth between 190 bibby and 195 gambit. I took Ryan's advice and would make the same decision again.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Sweet. Just looked up the dims. 135-99-121 184 or 189cm. Like a shark nosed piste jib with less tail rocker. Sounds like a perfect all mtn ride. I'd like to hear that review once you log a few days. I actually rode my piste jibs more than any of my other skis last year because there were a lot of park/bumps days. Good purchase imo
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I agree...seems like a good purchase! If it matters to a future review my ski has been slightly modified from the stick version.

1. It has a very small amt of tail rocker. In fact, you can hardly tell unless you weight the ski on a flat surface. Even then it is only noticeable for a few inches in the tail.

2. My ski is a half twin. I only went this route because I have 2 kids and the younger one is just starting out...I ski backwards. If I was buying the Trigger 2 to ski it exactly how is was meant to I would have gone with the flat tail.

Trigger II looks really good. It was on my list but since i need new bindings, boots i took cheaper Praxis , still great build and quality skis they say (still waiting for my pair).

Just wonder if someone have any idea how this ski / shape from Folsom would compare to Trigger 2?

http://www.folsomskis.com/shapes/primary

Thanks!

You're gonna love your skis. I am now up to three pairs and figuring out when I can justify my fourth.

I have a pair of Gambits w/Dukes for pow days and sidecountry, they are so insanely fun and playful in pow but can rip an edge easily through chop. I have two pairs of Givers, one mounted with Looks and one Dynafit. They are both stiffer and can handle any kinda snow you throw at them. The Givers have early rise, and the Gambits of course are a mustache ski and literally bounce though the pow.

When my beloved '06 Gotamas die I'm gonna need an inbounds replacement, and Trigger is on the list to check out; that or the Johnny C. A buddy of mine just picked up his Triggers a few weeks back, eager to hear his take as the season gets going.

Overall though regardless of model the workmanship is off the charts, and the Durasurf bases are ridiculously resilient. Welcome to club!

I've got the Trophy's love this ski! Super stable, does everything well... it replaced my 192 GPO's last year. I've got the 187 GPO's and DP112 RP2 for this season, we'll see what winds up being my daily driver.