Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    I agree that MtB is the least sucky area of the suck that is west coast skiing. Jonesy has taught me the fun of ripping ruts at mach looney, which partially offsets the utter lack of wee-wee tingling pow. But not nearly enough.

T'was fun to share a beer with Art - guy brings the stoke just by showing up.

A big to MtB for not comping his ticket. At 90+ they should give him free beer too.

At 90+ he should have a pass for whatever the hell he wants.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Totally agree on that.

If any of the PDX crew happens to be around Wilson High School, stop by Bowman's Hillsdale Pharmacy, ask for Buzz and check out the walker-ski he got for 60 years with Natl Ski Patrol. He's 87 or 88 and still works at T-line on weekends. When asked how he managed to be on Patrol for that long he said "standards were really low when I started"

Today was fun. Going again tomorrow.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by irratator View Post
    Shit Happens...... What would u do if u got his name??
    Of course shit happens and I'm glad I didn't get seriously hurt but I very well could have if I didn't wear a spine protector and padding.

I would just update my report with ski patrol with his name. If I did ever did see him, I'd definitely give him a piece of my mind at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Today was fun. Going again tomorrow.
    I'm with a damn good if somewhat reckless mono skier today. I'll be in black 'cept for white helmet and the bib. Say hi if you can catch us

Anyone know the status of a spring pass at bachelor? Are they going to offer? When? How much?

Not to get off topic about how shitty our snow is, but can anyone recommend a good boot fitter in the PDX area? With all the money we saved by NOT skiing this winter, it looks like my wife and I are going to buy some new boots. When we lived in Tahoe, we used Surefoot (at Squaw) but the nearest seems to be either Whistler or back in Tahoe.

Someone mentioned to me Bachelor is known to have some great boot fitters? I was also considering looking at Meadows, The Mountain Shop (over on NE Sandy) and Hillcrest. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Andisoss View Post
    Not to get off topic about how shitty our snow is, but can anyone recommend a good boot fitter in the PDX area? With all the money we saved by NOT skiing this winter, it looks like my wife and I are going to buy some new boots. When we lived in Tahoe, we used Surefoot (at Squaw) but the nearest seems to be either Whistler or back in Tahoe.

Someone mentioned to me Bachelor is known to have some great boot fitters? I was also considering looking at Meadows, The Mountain Shop (over on NE Sandy) and Hillcrest. Thanks for the help!
    If you want SureFoot quality (and price), try the local Strolz rep. If you have regular feet, most of the shops are good. They will depend on which sales guy you get, someone experienced or not, but with regular feet and being an educated consumer on boot fitting (read/watch some of the "How to fit ski boot" articles online), you should do OK.

Don't worry about being off topic, with no snow we need something to talk about. Weather is so warm and sunny, everyone is getting their boats in the water.

If you have hard to fit feet and history of painful boots, then I'd go custom with Strolz (local) or get Surefoot on a trip to Whistler or Sun Valley. If you stay a few days, you can get any adjustments done.

Quote Originally Posted by Andisoss View Post

Greg Coulter at Next Adventure (he was at Hillcrest for years, and briefly at The Mountain Shop last year).
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Heading to Bend tomorrow. Two days of ski testing at bachelor. Bring on Springter... Maybe I'll get a goggle tan!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianskis View Post
    Heading to Bend tomorrow. Two days of ski testing at bachelor. Bring on Springter... Maybe I'll get a goggle tan!
    There's no doubt about getting a tan this week. Sunny skiers and firm am zoomers.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

A gigantic shout out to Tap for taking the time and effort on a gorgeous day to document some monoskier sluttage

Brent, visiting from New Hampshire

note the air under the ski

Four straight hours top-bottom at warp speed, no stops, no breaks other than the ride back up - my legs were screaming.
    Jonesy, Brent was schooling Greg in the bumps on Canyon. The guy rips, even if he did run over your skis Thursday

Gabe

The guy in the middle suffers from multiple TBIs

Thanks again Tap for working the photog magic. Really great shots. You made three guys' day!
    We won't talk about you dumping Brent into the lift pit

Tap/top hand.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Winter?! Just don't look down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1424060493305.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	164101  

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    A gigantic shout out to Tap for taking the time and effort on a gorgeous day to document some monoskier sluttage
    HA, I saw you guys and wondered "what kind of bib that tele guy was talking about", I was looking for guys on the other mono ski. Guess I was missing a little context. Anyway today was really fun, didn't soften up as soon as it did yesterday but I picked my spots and had a good time.

The place would be blast in full on corn action. Highly recommended for those looking to get on any snow this year. How is there not an epic party at the summit most weekends in the spring? Or maybe there is and it hasn't made it here yet?
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Walked across some snowboarders deck blocking the singles entrance while she was on her phone. Next was ski patrol working on the lift. Lined him out. Got thirsty and moseyed over to the bar. Good times.

^^^^ What is that drink?? ^^^^

Spicy Bloody Mary. A meal & a drink.

Have you stepped it up with the wasabi Mary? Fucking stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Spicy Bloody Mary. A meal & a drink.
    Nice to see you staying with your NY Resolution to eat more vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by splitinbend View Post
    Have you stepped it up with the wasabi Mary? Fucking stellar.
    Sounds hot, i like that.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Greg Coulter at Next Adventure (he was at Hillcrest for years, and briefly at The Mountain Shop last year).
    +1
    Training for Alpental

Any info in MHM Spring passes? I'm still sitting at ZERO days. FML.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Any info in MHM Spring passes? I'm still sitting at ZERO days. FML.
    I think this year they sold them at the beginning of the season, and have had spring conditions clear through the year...

In all seriousness...base is not looking so great from pictures I have seen. (only 1 day on the hill myself) While a change is being hinted at in the long range, I might just save myself the money and focus on no snow related activities...what a sad year.