Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I was shaken up after hearing about Andreas, then I get a message from Luca Pandolfi that Liz is gone too. Way too much to process. I had the pleasure of sharing some amazing days with Liz in cham this winter. Endless pow laps, cappuccinos and laughs for weeks on end at the hellbronner. She was one of the brightest, most playful riders I ever had the pleasure to share the mountains with. And Andreas was by far the most talented ski mountaineer in the world. Most Americans didnt even know who he was; not really being in the spotlight of mass marketed ski industry. He was seriously the most humble and talented skier in the world. Anytime he would be in the MIDI you could feel his presence. No one has more descents down the N face of the midi, arguably the most technical lift access ski lines in the world. Sad day for the ski mountaineer community and Chamonix. An incredibly rough start to the winter. Love and bliss to everyone who was touched by these heros.

Tragic news. RIP to the three. Condolences to the families.

We can take some comfort in knowing they died doing what they loved, in the mountains they loved. Stay safe out there!

Wow,,,, huge sad news. Andreas lived down the street from me in Cham a few years ago and I would always see him out on the street staring up towards the midi . I would pass him and say yep and I would smile and he would say yep back and smile too. Anytime I would see him in town he was smiling. His hardcore lines in Cham and around the world make me dream ............. I am sure there were many glasses raised in the Elevation tonight. RIP and SIP

I am speechless and deeply saddened that 3 such marvelous people have been taken from us and those that knew and loved them way to soon. Life can be so cruel. I hope the next adventure is the best yet for you. Gods speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Andreas has such a great philosophy about living and life. Vibes to his family and friends.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

So sad. Love and thoughts to all who knew them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

I hate to add insult to injury but Liz Daley was just found dead too! This is so sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Total suck. The mountains give and the mountains take. Those who were taken gave SO much to the rest of us. May they truly RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Fransson
    Meeting with the different crews at the pavilion in the Chamonix Sud square I felt proud being a skier. Sitting there with beer, snus and cigarettes with some of the most passionate skiers on the planet, most of which had been skiing on the north face that day. Right then I felt like we skiers also have the same soul culture as I have found in the surfing and climbing world: People that, being there ignore all the negative of this world and totally dive in to that which might be indescribable but still gives us a reason to live on, to risk our life to a certain extent… something that makes us happy – Running to keep up with our passions like it was the last day of our lives.
    RIP legends! Deepest condolences to those that knew and loved these heros. JP, Andreas and Liz will continue to inspire me and countless skiers and riders for many years to come.

Came here today and see these two threads of such accomplished people who were taken to early. Such a downer. RIP shredders.

Sad news. Vibes to all involved.

So so sad. RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

My god man, what terrible news. RIP to all

Terrible news. Inspiring spirits lost from this world today. Rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    this one might make you smile through the tears.
    Fitting epitaph for a great man. Vibes to the family and to the ski community at large.

So sad about all of them. JP will truly be missed, Betty Dee.... jesus...one of the great maggettes of all time... gone...

Damn, just damn... what a sad sad day.
    Fuck.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Terrible news and a sober reminder of how fragile life is. Condolences to the families. Although I did not know these three people, I have been inspired by their lives. This reminded me of the account written by Andreas on his website of the loss of his friend, Magnus in New Zealand. His closing comments tug at the heart, but also ring true to those of us who love life and the mountains.
    http://andreasfransson.se/2013/11/th...y-perspective/
    "I ask myself what to do with the rest of my life everyday. I know that I’m human and that I have all potentiality within me. I’m a boyfriend, son, skier, mountain lover, climber and thinker of plain as well as sublime things. I will keep on asking the same questions and see what answers might come out of all this.
    What I do know is that a life without seeing magic is not a life well lived. Mountains are just one tool in this quest, but it’s the one I know and the one I breath. It’s not about going out in to the mountains because they are worth dying for. I don’t think there are many things that are worth dying for, but I still need to go out in to the mountains because they give me something to LIVE for.
    I want to live with excitement, love and joy pouring out from my heart, just like Magnus, and then all those other questions just disappear. Left is meaning and beauty and memories of a man who lived his life to it’s fullest.
    Magnus, you will be a torch, for many of us to follow in the obscurity ahead." {Andreas Fransson}

And now Andreas, JP and Liz join others who have lost their lives in the mountains and are that torch for many of us who love the life in the mountains.
    RIP

Rest in peace, Liz. I just don't know what to say. Next time in the tap room, there will be one in your memory.

Ski in peace to all three of the skiers that have moved on to skiing in the clouds

So much sadness and loss for one day. First finding out JP and Andreas were gone, then Liz too... too much to comprehend. Hope they're all skiing pow in heaven. Rest in Peace Liz Daley... I always admired your tenacity and drive. Female mountaineers are few and far between, but I think I can count the number of legit split-board mountaineers I know on one hand. You were a shining star and an inspiration to many.
    Liz was part of a Deep Winter team last year in Whistler, here's the slideshow she was in. This is how I want to remember you, full of joie de vivre, smiling and CHARGING!

What a sad day, vibes to the family. Stay strong tribe, these three wouldn't want it any other way.

Vibes+++++
    RIP
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I am sitting here feeling sick to my stomach at the tragic news. I just watched the street segment from All.I.Can again. JP was so talented and helped make skiing cool again. Numb. Doug, Shane, Kip, JP. Why do all my heroes go to soon?

Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    I was shaken up after hearing about Andreas, then I get a message from Luca Pandolfi that Liz is gone too. Way too much to process. I had the pleasure of sharing some amazing days with Liz in cham this winter. Endless pow laps, cappuccinos and laughs for weeks on end at the hellbronner. She was one of the brightest, most playful riders I ever had the pleasure to share the mountains with. And Andreas was by far the most talented ski mountaineer in the world. Most Americans didnt even know who he was; not really being in the spotlight of mass marketed ski industry. He was seriously the most humble and talented skier in the world. Anytime he would be in the MIDI you could feel his presence. No one has more descents down the N face of the midi, arguably the most technical lift access ski lines in the world. Sad day for the ski mountaineer community and Chamonix. An incredibly rough start to the winter. Love and bliss to everyone who was touched by these heros.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I was with powfiend almost every single day this season in chamonix and shared every single one of the same experiencies. Met Liz through some other friends and also shared some great times off the hill outside with her as well. Amazing times, so sad to see such great and humble friends go like this.

Disaster struck brutally.

RIP all three and condolences to falilies and friends..