Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    I put my MXP bike gloves through the wash to get rid of the stink and they came out looking and smelling great. They may have shrunk a bit (a good thing for me) but I suspect they will stretch back to normal size after a few rides.

FYI some factory seconds of the original glove/mitt versions are on sale for $40. https://www.freethepowder.com/collec...ski-glove-sale

Of course just ordered my SXs last week. Stoked to see how they work for a sort of 2-in-1 touring glove.

Wondering why no factory seconds on the SX/RX line? Surely there must be similar QC issues?

just replaced the best ski gloves I've owned in 40yrs, leather scott t-32 that have 200+ days and just starting to get a wear hole on the fingertip seam. after nearly pulling trigger for a few seasons now ,ordered shortcuffs, will get mitts and longcuffs if the wife likes'em hope they last at least as long
    embrace the gape
    and believe

I've been checking out the new lineup recently and just noticed several of the new models are now available. Has anyone gotten their hands on the spring gloves yet? Curious as to how thick/dextrous/warm they are since they are listed as having 60g of insulation (compared with 200g for the various winter gloves/mitts).

Compared with the Flylow/Kinco spring gloves I have that are unlined leather in the fingers, and the Marker spring gloves that have a super thin lining likely more for comfort than warmth, I wonder how much warmer the FTP spring gloves would be for those 40 degree plus sunny days.

^FTP spring gloves should be at my door tomorrow or Friday, will try to get back when I receive them.

Received my spring gloves that shipped Monday, talk about quick shipping. Out of the bag they looked quality were quite comfortable and dexterous which I'm sure will improve even more upon wear. The insulation seems like it would be fine for most people for the 40+ sunny days as long as you're not already prone to cold hands (mine sweat like crazy). If it's any help for sizing, I wear an 11 in Hestras and the XL FTP spring gloves fit me well.

Name:  ftp4.png
Views: 802
Size:  318.8 KBName:  ftp3.png
Views: 793
Size:  275.8 KBName:  ftp2.png
Views: 825
Size:  373.1 KB

Right on, thanks for the pics and info -- those look money. I was actually worried about them being too warm and beefy once it gets into the 40s and warmer, given how warm their winter gloves are with 200g. At first I thought 60g might be a bit much for a spring glove but it doesn't seem like they're overly bulky. Would love to hear some additional feedback if you're able to get in some days with them before winter sets in or later this season once it warms back up (although I'll prolly have a pair myself by then )

how thoroughly is the insulation sewn into the fingers? my main gripe with gloves is that when my hands sweat, taking off the glove often pulls the fingers out of the finger shells, and they’re quite difficult to get back in when sweaty

Will let you know when I get some days on them!

The insulation seems sewn in well, I tried to pull one of the finger's insulation out with two fingers and didn't have any luck. Granted this was just at home with a beer, when I get a chance to get them sweaty I'll report back.

I have a pair of the old long cuff mittens and love them, looking at picking up the new Season Pass gloves. Anyone know if they still offer a mag discount?

Also wondering this^^ I got a pair of the original
    Short cuffs. Can't remember the code. Have a spring glove and a toque loaded up

I can't remember either but I'm loving the MTB gloves I bought a bit ago! it was definitely a very simple synonym, or acronym or some shit, think I got it first try.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    I can't remember either but I'm loving the MTB gloves I bought a bit ago! it was definitely a very simple synonym, or acronym or some shit, think I got it first try.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ya didn't work . Screw it though. It's good stuff. I was just being a chincer.
    Ordered

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    how thoroughly is the insulation sewn into the fingers? my main gripe with gloves is that when my hands sweat, taking off the glove often pulls the fingers out of the finger shells, and they’re quite difficult to get back in when sweaty
    I hate this too. I had 20-30 days on them last season & never had that problem. They are worth the money. Customer service is also excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantN View Post
    ... Customer service is also excellent.
    +1 FTP has always treated me extremely well and have often gone beyond what I'd expect in the customer service dept.

I’ve ridden with my padded FTP mtb gloves all summer. They’ve been through the laundry 4-5 times and are still looking great.

Highly recommended.

Just received my FTP "spring glove". The name is misleading as I'll be using this 90% of the time. Wasn't sure but figured that be the case. Psyched on these beauties. I've been using the flylow ridge glove and they've been great. These fall in a similar thickness and weight and dexterity but the ftp spring glove has some sweet details. That quality cow hide, and backing breathability is nice but I really like the palm and pointer finger reinforcement at the high wear areas. Now those grabs shouldn't affect them..........
    Figured they'd be the classic FTP quality , I was just concerned they might not be the thickness/warmth category I was after(hard to tell with pics). Stoked they're just what I was after. CS is tops also with the personal email . Thanks FTP

Mags,

Thanks again for all your support. We are proud to announce our expanded and improved product line of premium ski gloves and mittens. This season we have added several new short cuff models with streamlined neoprene cuffs, several models with enhanced hand protection, and models for the warmer days and the coldest days. We have also updated our look, with a new logo, all-black and all-leather gloves.

We are offering Mags $20 off on our newest, top of the line models with free shipping. This Mag deal will run through Monday. (Not eligible for further discount: limited supply Spring Glove and 16/17 models already on closeout.)

Please use discount code: MAG1825

Thanks,
    Pray for snow!
    Free the Powder

Just ordered some spring gloves but have been looking at some mittens. Might have to jump on this. Super sweet pricing with the discount. Thanks FTP!

Any chance you'll also ship for free to Canada eh?

Sorry for asking

Totally in on some season pass gloves! Thx!

Question about the SX gloves:

Is the breathefill insulation in the liner? So, if you just want to use the outer portion, is it just a shell?

Quote Originally Posted by barkcity View Post
    +1 FTP has always treated me extremely well and have often gone beyond what I'd expect in the customer service dept.
    Totally. Just ordered some mtb gloves to keep the hands covered for fall city biking, and as a light touring glove. They added the TGR discount automatically. Fkn good guys.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Totally in on some season pass gloves! Thx!
    I'm considering the same. Problem is my originals from 2014 still have life in em.

Just ordered $180 worth of gloves. How the hell did that happen?
    However many are in a shit ton.