Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Any sizing feedback. I'm between a M and an L on there chart as to be expected. Sometimes I where a large, sometimes a medium.

Thanks,
    James
    I found them to run very small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Free the Powder Gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I found them to run very small.
    The first generation did run very small. I just bought two pair of the new ones this year the SX and the Springlove and they’re a little tight at first which you want, but then they stretchout to fit perfectly. I wear a large and a large fit me perfect.
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 01-09-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2733.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	263584

Year 3 on my short cuffs as my daily glove. Take care of them and they take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2733.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	263584

Year 3 on my short cuffs as my daily glove. Take care of them and they take care of you.
    I have the same ones, first gens. The new ones are a huge leap above them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY
    I have the same ones, first gens. The new ones are a huge leap above them.
    How so? I have the same ones and have been very happy with them other than I think they aren't all that warm for really cold days. Great for most days at my local hill and very cold touring though. If it's really cold, I ride lifts with the mitts. Between the mitts and gloves it's pretty much a 2 glove quiver that covers everything for me as far as non-bc.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    How so? I have the same ones and have been very happy with them other than I think they aren't all that warm for really cold days. Great for most days at my local hill and very cold touring though. If it's really cold, I ride lifts with the mitts. Between the mitts and gloves it's pretty much a 2 glove quiver that covers everything for me as far as non-bc.
    More dexterity. Better cut. Cuff isn’t near as bulky. SX is crazy warm, I’ve only been able to wear them once this season. Removable liner is great for drying. Leather is better quality. Spring gloves are awesome and my go to. Super dexterity and fit. My hands do run warm.

i need to get some mittens, too. i love them my ftp gloves -- i think they are first gen, too -- bbi16 raffle -- but i do get a little cold on the coldest days. my hands run cold, tho, and i wore mittens before i got them so not a complaint in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    More dexterity. Better cut. Cuff isn’t near as bulky. SX is crazy warm, I’ve only been able to wear them once this season. Removable liner is great for drying. Leather is better quality. Spring gloves are awesome and my go to. Super dexterity and fit. My hands do run warm.
    Helpful for future purchases, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Helpful for future purchases, thanks!
    No worries!

my OGs did good in the wet today in spite of being thirsty for more balm; need to treat the new spring gloves for the less than cold weather.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Can't get enough of these gloves. I got the mittens this year, and really liked them. The blood usually drains out of my hands while getting geared up and on the lift in the morning and can take about 2+ hours to get feeling and circulation back, even with air activated heat packs. Was near sweating halfway up the first chair ride and had to give away the hot packs. I got a pair of the spring gloves after experiencing and being impressed by the build quality of the mitts, and picked up a pair of SXs to pass along as a Christmas gift. Ended up giving the mittens away as a gift, too, because I learned a new thing about my worn out hands: the shared finger space doesn't allow me to favor my more troublesome knuckles, and thus I spend the following week in pain after using for a day. Both people I gave these gloves to are loving them. Which reminds me, I need to order myself some SXes.

my first and second generation gloves were a xl and fit perfectly as i have always worn xl in lexi,marmot and most others.i ordered a pair of first chair gloves in xl had to return as they were too big .large size fit perfectly. as always great customer service.for me i find the gloves keep my hands warm till about 0 degrees for the first season,80 plus days then maybe 15 degrees after that. rarely wear the mitts but i have keep my hands warm at 32 below 0 with the mitts

It was 2 degrees at the base of Stowe yesterday, below zero up top with moderate winds. My hands were toasty all day long in my FTP mittens. Wish I could say the same for my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ski2fish4ever View Post
    my first and second generation gloves were a xl and fit perfectly as i have always worn xl in lexi,marmot and most others.i ordered a pair of first chair gloves in xl had to return as they were too big .large size fit perfectly. as always great customer service.for me i find the gloves keep my hands warm till about 0 degrees for the first season,80 plus days then maybe 15 degrees after that. rarely wear the mitts but i have keep my hands warm at 32 below 0 with the mitts
    Complete opposite here. I bought size medium gloves for a friend and XL gloves for me. Had to give away the XL gloves to another friend. To the makers credit, they say they have made their gloves larger. I’ve discovered KLIM gloves since and haven’t ventured back to this manufacturer, but maybe I should

A few days in. I would say equal if not better quality and warmth than gloves twice the price (I'm looking at you Marmot and Black Diamond). I'm expecting a little more dexterity with some break in. For me, a large seems right and I'm usually in between a medium or a large. I'd say size up a half size or said another way, add .5" to you measurement to the size chart.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    No!

I really don’t need More gloves... My FTP’s are already the best gloves in the collection.

Although, maybe.

Hey guys, I am thinking of replacing my Hestra Helis with this a RX3. As I live in Germany, I would like to know which size you would recommend for a Hestra Size 10 hand ? Is the spring glove light enough to be worn uphill ?

Quote Originally Posted by exxun View Post
    Hey guys, I am thinking of replacing my Hestra Helis with this a RX3. As I live in Germany, I would like to know which size you would recommend for a Hestra Size 10 hand ? Is the spring glove light enough to be worn uphill ?
    I used the Hestra Seth Morrison 3 finger in a 10 and the FTP large fits well. The RX3 are a little longer In the finger, width is good.

I have stubby fingers though.

OK I have a complaint, is this the complaint Dept?

Today was a real good day. But I looked down at one point and notice the thumb on my left FTP Gauntlet Glove was shot. The leather and fabric interface tore.

I bought those gloves for like 25 dollars in 2013 and have used them at work stringing rope lines and doing general patrol scut work for 5 years and this is as good as they last????

I will be ordering a new pair dammit and they better last at least as long.

Thanks for making some great gloves.

FTP Advocate

I'd like to drop my reply here and advocate for the FTP gloves, been using them for three years as a patroller. Been through the rough of it and they still work fine with minimal wear surprisingly. Just need to maintain them with nikwax and they are good.

Had them on a super wet day and they stayed dry but I warn you not to keep them close to heat for too long. Had them close to a heater we have in our bump shack and they fried the DWR and some of the thumb threads but work fine again after a good conditioning. 10/10

I just Sno Sealed all 3 pairs of mine this morning.....bake/seal/bake......set for the rest of the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I just Sno Sealed all 3 pairs of mine this morning.....bake/seal/bake......set for the rest of the winter.

SnoSeal is the same I just did actually as well. I was under the impression you're not suppose to re-bake them after applying?

Here’s what I’ve been doing in the past with Kincos, Flylows, now FTP.....

-bake to warm gloves (150*- 5min.)
    -apply/rub in SnoSeal
    -bake again (150*- 5 min.)

After baking in...the SnoSeal is not sticky/gummy anymore...

Ahhh hmm maybe I'll give it a try next time I need to condition my Kincos or FTP's to bake them after. There was a little bit of a sticky/waxy feel to them at first but as soon as I used them that went away. Any idea on if this diminishes the effectiveness of the SnoSeal?

Not sure.....I’ve just been doing it this way cuz I read it somewhere years ago. I tend to put a lot of SS on....so it really would be too sticky....

FYI though....after baking the SS in, it definitely darkens the leather....which I’m ok with.