Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Ordered short cuffs for me and the wife. Blems on my mitts were nonexistent and quality is top notch. Been waiting for the "blems" to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    My first FTP mitts arrived recently.... .
    Curious if you got the standard mitts or the RX version and how the gauntlet is, ie, interfaces with your jacket (insulated jacket or a shell?) Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Curious if you got the standard mitts or the RX version and how the gauntlet is, ie, interfaces with your jacket (insulated jacket or a shell?) Thanks.
    Got the standards. Gaunlet fits nicely over my Flylow Higgins jacket without being crazy big. Cinch cord seems pretty burly, and is easy to operate with the other hand mittened.

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    I must have been the exception on the customer service side. My gloves arrived and were tight as expected. What I didn't know, was if with break in the wrist stitching would be expected to move off the palm of my hand a bit. The wrist stitching was lying more on the red line versus the green line. It was a bit uncomfortable, so I emailed to ask if it was in their experience that as the gloves stretched where the stitching fell on the wrist might migrate a bit. Did not get a response. Held onto the gloves for a bit, wore a few times. Ended up selling them as I didn't think fit comfort in this regard would improve.

Attachment 174545
    Hmmm.... the stitching is 1/8 of an inch further up your wrist. Awful design flaw from a company trying to make quality gloves for the masses at an inexpensive pricepoint. I imagine your bootfitter must be suicidal.

Thx Doebedoe.

Coworker and I are ordering some short cuff blem's, thanks FTP!

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Hmmm.... the stitching is 1/8 of an inch further up your wrist. Awful design flaw from a company trying to make quality gloves for the masses at an inexpensive pricepoint. I imagine your bootfitter must be suicidal.
    Yeah, I have the cops perform a wellness check on him every now and again.

But thanks for reminding me to circle back on this. It was a case of an email sent does not always equal an email received. FTP offered to send me another pair a size larger, even though I no longer had the gloves to send back. Told them it was not necessary as the price paid vs price sold for was not a big deal, this was just a miscommunication, and I'd leave it up to them if they wanted to or not. They opted to send a pair out, and I hope I like them as that's good stuff on their part.

In case it helps anybody, FTP indicated that while the glove would stretch they didn't think it would stretch in a way that the stitching would lie lower on the wrist. Cheers.

I swapped my large for XL and found that they are much warmer. Solid gloves that I would recommend for the price. I can even fit fleece liners if it gets below 5 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Clearly a 19/64ths

PSA: 25% off on all but the Rx series: http://www.freethepowder.com/collections/gloves

I was unaware of the Rx gloves - a burlier (gauntlet only) version with removable liners.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I ordered a pair of large gloves and thought they were a little tight. They were tighter than my Hestra size 9 gloves. Customer service has been excellent and in helping me swap to XL (I also decided to go with mittens).

Trigger pulled on the RX Mit and glove... I have been using Swany Leather mits for several years and really liked them... Only complaint is they do not breath at all and hands can get pretty sweaty quick... These look like they can eliminate that issue and counting on the praise they are getting from this community...

My $40 blems rival my $140 Hestras..

Let it Snow!

I'm in for 2prs because of this thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Trigger pulled on the RX Mit and glove... I have been using Swany Leather mits for several years and really liked them... Only complaint is they do not breath at all and hands can get pretty sweaty quick... These look like they can eliminate that issue and counting on the praise they are getting from this community...
    The Rx are sick! You'll Definitly get your money worth with those gloves
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    The Rx are sick! You'll Definitly get your money worth with those gloves
    So pumped for them... Skiing at Bach and brought two pairs of mits because of the wet sweaty issue... The removable liners on the RX and breathable top layer make this a no brainer... Saw your comments on them MPPG as well as the other Mags so easy decision...

Another shout out. Now have mitts and short cuffs with long cuffs for the wife. Great quality. Warm. Customer service is over the top helpful making sure the fit is right. Planning to pick up the mountain bike offering when they are available.

I picked up a pair of long cuff originals in size large but they feel damn tight. All the literature says they stretch / pack out and soon become roomier... Any first hand corroboration? I hesitate to wear them if they won't loosen up as I'm sure they'd move quicker in gear swap if still pristine.

So, wear them and they'll soon feel as comfy as my favorite jeans or pass them along and try again with XLs?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Yep, they pack out a bit. I'm in L with 8.5" measurement around my hand and mine went from Very snug to perfect in a few days. Finger length happens to be right for me in L, too; might be worth noting that before you decide.

I never win anything and I won a pair at bbi16. Before it started I thought maybe once I'll get lucky and win the gloves. I was considering doing the blemishes anyway so I couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    I picked up a pair of long cuff originals in size large but they feel damn tight. All the literature says they stretch / pack out and soon become roomier... Any first hand corroboration? I hesitate to wear them if they won't loosen up as I'm sure they'd move quicker in gear swap if still pristine.

So, wear them and they'll soon feel as comfy as my favorite jeans or pass them along and try again with XLs?
    I had the same concern with my large size. Wear 'em a bit. They're awesome.

I just ordered the short cuff glove in an XL. I hope the fingers are long enough

I luv me sum free the powder gloves.
    watch out for snakes

ordered some mitts today,within an hour of my order,i was notified they went out.my FTP gloves are toasty warm,figured for 49.00 shipped might as well have some mitts just in case the temps get back to 10 below like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post

Mine never packed out and made my hands cold. Bought a pair of XL and now my hands are toasty.