Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    If you are on the fence, by FTP gloves. Their customer service is absolutely top notch. Better than Patagonia. Damn close to Freeride Systems (no one beats MiCol).

The best gloves out there. I have to get another pair of two for a quiver. I’m in my “spring glove” 9/10 days. Over 140 days in them so far. Great glove. Great price. Great cs

I was fortunate enough to have one a pair of free the powder gloves at this years BBI raffle( thank you so much to whoever donated them terrific cause this year btw). After wearing them on the hill 3 times now i am seriously impressed with these gloves. Yesterday was a combination of all kinds of PNWet snows. My 15k jacket and pants were soaked through but my hands were warm and dry. AMAZING! IF YOU ARE ON THE FENCE ABOUT PURCHASING A PAIR OF THESE GLOVES JUST COMMIT LIKE DROPPING INTO YOUR FAVORITE RUN.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Now that I've got quite a few days on my FTP's, here's what I'm thinking...

I got Polar Mitts and SX gloves.

Polar Mitts are fantastic - that is all. I wish I'd followed FTP's advice and sized up (my fingertips are right on the end at times). But it doesn't matter much. While it feels funny to wear mitts (haven't skied in mitts since I was a kid), they are super warm, for those super cold days (had more than usual this season) - first season in a while I've not had cold fingers on < 0'F days. No complaints, these things rock.

As for the SX's...little disapointed. The first few days, I loved 'em. But the first storm day, not so much. The main problem is that if my hand is even a little wet (i.e. any time I take them off for even a few seconds, on a storm day), they are almost impossible to pull on. The fleece liner grabs onto my wet skin like no glove I've ever had - annoying, minor wrestling match every time. The other frustration (again really only manifesting on storm days) is getting a seal between glove and jacket. I've not figured out a "setting" for the velcro on the jacket and/or gloves, that does not require re-working both, every time I put the gloves on (and the smunched-up liner, from struggling a wet hand into them, does not help!). Otherwise, the SX is a great balance of warmth vs dexterity, they seem really well made, and breathability is the best I've ever had in a warm glove (once I wrestle a wet hand in, they do dry out amazingly quickly).

I think the solution would be: 1) a smother face on the inside of the SX fleece liner (for the wet hand thing). 2) an elastic, knit cuff on the SX fleece liner (which would make fussing with getting a decent seal much less important, and also give something more to pull on, with teeth etc., to crank them onto a wet hand).

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Now that I've got quite a few days on my FTP's, here's what I'm thinking...

I got Polar Mitts and SX gloves.

Polar Mitts are fantastic - that is all. I wish I'd followed FTP's advice and sized up (my fingertips are right on the end at times). But it doesn't matter much. While it feels funny to wear mitts (haven't skied in mitts since I was a kid), they are super warm, for those super cold days (had more than usual this season) - first season in a while I've not had cold fingers on < 0'F days. No complaints, these things rock.

As for the SX's...little disapointed. The first few days, I loved 'em. But the first storm day, not so much. The main problem is that if my hand is even a little wet (i.e. any time I take them off for even a few seconds, on a storm day), they are almost impossible to pull on. The fleece liner grabs onto my wet skin like no glove I've ever had - annoying, minor wrestling match every time. The other frustration (again really only manifesting on storm days) is getting a seal between glove and jacket. I've not figured out a "setting" for the velcro on the jacket and/or gloves, that does not require re-working both, every time I put the gloves on (and the smunched-up liner, from struggling a wet hand into them, does not help!). Otherwise, the SX is a great balance of warmth vs dexterity, they seem really well made, and breathability is the best I've ever had in a warm glove (once I wrestle a wet hand in, they do dry out amazingly quickly).

I think the solution would be: 1) a smother face on the inside of the SX fleece liner (for the wet hand thing). 2) an elastic, knit cuff on the SX fleece liner (which would make fussing with getting a decent seal much less important, and also give something more to pull on, with teeth etc., to crank them onto a wet hand).
    I have the same problem with the sx, I'm hoping it settles in after a few more uses. Only used 3 days so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    OK I have a complaint, is this the complaint Dept?

Today was a real good day. But I looked down at one point and notice the thumb on my left FTP Gauntlet Glove was shot. The leather and fabric interface tore.

I bought those gloves for like 25 dollars in 2013 and have used them at work stringing rope lines and doing general patrol scut work for 5 years and this is as good as they last????

I will be ordering a new pair dammit and they better last at least as long.

Thanks for making some great gloves.

My wife had a pair of five year old mittens with probably 400 days on them and FTP happily repaired a spilt seam. We paid the outbound shipping, FTP paid to send them back, no charge.

Got sniped on Ebay on a pair of Hestra's, so I just ordered a pair from these folks. Hope they keep my hands warm, as last season was nippy without my Hestra's.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Got sniped on Ebay on a pair of Hestra's, so I just ordered a pair from these folks. Hope they keep my hands warm, as last season was nippy without my Hestra's.
    Guaranteed that you will like them more than your Hestra’s.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    SX gloves. ...
    . The other frustration (again really only manifesting on storm days) is getting a seal between glove and jacket. I've not figured out a "setting" for the velcro on the jacket and/or gloves, that does not require re-working both, every time I put the gloves on (and the smunched-up liner, from struggling a wet hand into them, does not help!). Otherwise, the SX is a great balance of warmth vs dexterity, they seem really well made, and breathability is the best I've ever had in a warm glove (once I wrestle a wet hand in, they do dry out amazingly quickly).

.... 2) an elastic, knit cuff on the SX fleece liner (which would make fussing with getting a decent seal much less important, and also give something more to pull on, with teeth etc., to crank them onto a wet hand).
    I love these gloves soooo much. Perfect for all winter - even better for touring (tour in breathable liners, pull on outer for rip down). My only complaint is this^^^^ - the velcro seal is annoying, and I end up with futzing with it too much - every time i take my hands out of the gloves. And I always end up with snow down my gloves if I tumble. Never happens with the ol kincos - obviously the FTP is better in every way, except this.
    sproing!

Man the SX3 Pro lobstah glove looks sweet. May have to add them to the FTP glove quiver as I’m a big fan of the lobster style for super cold days.
    My spring glove/BC saw the most days last year as my hands run warm. Love them so much I might get another set for a multi wear glove, town/chores/hunting.

still rocking the spring (now called BC glove) and wanting to snag a pair of Freeride Coyotes. there still a valid Maggot discount code out there?

Free the Powder Gloves?

I have a pair of Rx3 Pro lobsters I am selling. PM if anyone is interested.

Edit: size L

love my lobstahs

I need backup spring gloves, a code would be nice
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Someone mentioned in GS that the code MAG119 was still working, might be worth a shot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Any new discount codes for these??

Proud new owner of the Baldy mitt and BC glove/retiring a pair of SX pro gloves after 4+ seasons (or might send them back for a palm stitching repair). Have used the Baldy's in single digits to single digits below 0F. I haven't used mittens skiing since grade school, and dexterity definitely suffers, but I can still hold a pole handle, and have not had cold hands, not even close. The BC gloves are bulkier and warmer than something like a Marker spring glove, and while they're not as warm as the SX, should cover most of what the Baldy can't. I still like Marker spring gloves for 40+, or might try the full finger mtn bike glove for nuclear days.

FWIW, I think the Baldy's are warmer than a Hestra XCR 3-finger for comparison. Hestra wins the dexterity contest here. FTP does better with gloves IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Any new discount codes for these??
    TENBUCKS for $10 off.

You can try FREE for free. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    TENBUCKS for $10 off.
    Did. No worky.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Did. No worky.
    Sorry, it just worked for me the other day.

That was a 4-5 day deal at the end of last month ... at least that's what the email said.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

"

Holiday Deals! Buy One Get One 50% Off.
    "

at the top of the home page for me?

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Someone mentioned in GS that the code MAG119 was still working, might be worth a shot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yep, it worked

Question Fit comparison

Looking to buy a pair of these.. compared to the Hestra Fall Line, how is the dexterity of the Freeride (which seems to be the most equivalent model). Cheers ski pals

dexterity isn't the same...it just isn't
    hestra out-of-the-box dexterity is the industry leader
    that said, FTP do break in and are fantastic gloves