Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdan View Post
    Any chance you'll also ship for free to Canada eh?

Sorry for asking
    Shipping didn't cost much. They ship usps-can post so because of the low price there's no tax or duty. Mine arrived in 8-10 days

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I'm considering the same. Problem is my originals from 2014 still have life in em.
    this will be my third pair -- none are beat yet

Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    Question about the SX gloves:

Is the breathefill insulation in the liner? So, if you just want to use the outer portion, is it just a shell?
    Yes, but your hands will swim in just the glove without the liner. The liner is really thick.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Just ordered $180 worth of gloves. How the hell did that happen?
    Bet you got more than one pair, like you would Hestra for $180.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Free the Powder Gloves?

Just arrived...

Super happy with the fit & finish of the Season Pass glove right out of the box!

Buy Free The Powder
    Last edited by acinpdx; 11-24-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: update to reload photo that didn't load first time

Free the Powder Gloves?

My lobsters arrived today. Really well put together.

I hope they are as warm as they seem

“I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Anyone tried out the new Spring glove? Very curious as a skinning/work glove option.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Anyone tried out the new Spring glove? Very curious as a skinning/work glove option.
    I used them on opening day at Brighton on Tuesday. Worked perfectly as a warmer day glove. They'd still be way too hot for me on the skin track but I run pretty warm. Perfect for the down though.

I am wondering about the evolution of the short cuff glove and newer models that have replaced it.

A couple years ago I transitioned from a Hestra Freeride to a 1st gen FTP short.

If the Freerides are dexterous as fuck, the 1st gen shorts are dexterous as heck. Not quite hell, and far from fuck.. but for the price its certainly been dexterous enough for me.

The cuff has been my biggest issue, and that is where I'm curious about changes that have been made. Mine are insulated, the cuff included. This makes the "short" cuff quite thick, and more difficult to contain under the sleeve of my shell. They also have a wide leather strap to secure them, this seems overly large and stiff, and contributes to the bulkiness under sleve.

On the Heatra Freerides the cuff was just elastic material and velcro, which made for sold hold and easy containment under a jacket cuff. I see the new ones are "streamlined neoprene". The black season pass posted above looks less bulky than my 1st gen Shorts, but more than my old Hestras.. also longer. The springs posted above look like my ideal cuff length, maybe 1.5"?

Wondering if anyone had been in a Hestra Freeride and the various new generation of FTP shorts and can compare cuff size and function. From photos it looks like the Race AL may be closest to what I am looking for, the others aside from the spring still have the big fat leather strap.. does that impede movement or cause bulkiness in the sleeve for anyone?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I am wondering about the evolution of the short cuff glove and newer models that have replaced it.

A couple years ago I transitioned from a Hestra Freeride to a 1st gen FTP short.

If the Freerides are dexterous as fuck, the 1st gen shorts are dexterous as heck. Not quite hell, and far from fuck.. but for the price its certainly been dexterous enough for me.

The cuff has been my biggest issue, and that is where I'm curious about changes that have been made. Mine are insulated, the cuff included. This makes the "short" cuff quite thick, and more difficult to contain under the sleeve of my shell. They also have a wide leather strap to secure them, this seems overly large and stiff, and contributes to the bulkiness under sleve.

On the Heatra Freerides the cuff was just elastic material and velcro, which made for sold hold and easy containment under a jacket cuff. I see the new ones are "streamlined neoprene". The black season pass posted above looks less bulky than my 1st gen Shorts, but more than my old Hestras.. also longer. The springs posted above look like my ideal cuff length, maybe 1.5"?

Wondering if anyone had been in a Hestra Freeride and the various new generation of FTP shorts and can compare cuff size and function. From photos it looks like the Race AL may be closest to what I am looking for, the others aside from the spring still have the big fat leather strap.. does that impede movement or cause bulkiness in the sleeve for anyone?

Thanks!
    This info would be nice to know as I don't wanna drop coin on a new pair of hestra freerides.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

got the regular blems, then got mitts for the wife and spring gloves as the 1st pair is too warm for anything above 20*
    those season pass gloves look great, me likey
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

From photos it looks like the Race AL may be closest to what I am looking for, the others aside from the spring still have the big fat leather strap.. does that impede movement or cause bulkiness in the sleeve for anyone?

Thanks!
    I have the gen1 short cuff and I like the gloves but hate the cuff. I'd like to figure out how to remove all the insulation without compromising the glove. I've actually had some of the stitches pop because I had to close the velcro incredibly tight to get my shells over them.

I got the Race AL and I can confirm the cuff is not insulated. It appears to be neoprene with some type of reinforcement. They seem promising.

Don't have the Hestra.

Free the Powder Gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    I have the gen1 short cuff and I like the gloves but hate the cuff. I'd like to figure out how to remove all the insulation without compromising the glove. I've actually had some of the stitches pop because I had to close the velcro incredibly tight to get my shells over them.

I got the Race AL and I can confirm the cuff is not insulated. It appears to be neoprene with some type of reinforcement. They seem promising.

Don't have the Hestra.
    Do the padded spots decrease mobility? They make the glove look bulky and cumbersome.
    I too have the Gen1 short cuff and hate the cuff.

Free the Powder Gloves?

I haven’t worn them outside yet, but they feel possibly a bit less mobile due to the full leather construction. I’ve never owned “race” gloves but to me the padding seems well placed and thought out. I think the sizing is improved as well because the gen1 always felt a bit too long. So sizing alone should be a benefit.

I imagine after break in they’ll be similar in dexterity to the gen1, if not better for my purposesbecause they seem to have a bit less insulation. I basically only wear the gen 1 for super cold temps.

Here are some comparison shots

Did you order the same size as the Gen1?
    Thanks for the comparison pics. The fingers look less bulky on the AL so increasing the dexterity.

Yep, same size.

One sizing side note. I run medium in glove but sized up for mitt. Not sure if that is standard but im happy with my choice.

I wonder what the idea behind making the full leather gloves were, as the main ethos of the brand seems to be the importance of breathability. Would love to hear a bit more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Yep, same size.
    He man, how are the AL gloves working out?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    He man, how are the AL gloves working out?
    I run warm so it hasn’t actually been cold enough for me to wear them much. They’re not broken in at all so I don’t want to make a judgment yet. You’re welcome to check them out if you head over this way.

ive had the season pass glove out in low to mid 20s and was very comfortable
    (i have not historically been a fan of gloves for warmth reasons, but these have been great for me)

I like the MX glove, but it needs booger wiper soft fabric on the back of the thumb.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I run warm so it hasn’t actually been cold enough for me to wear them much. They’re not broken in at all so I don’t want to make a judgment yet. You’re welcome to check them out if you head over this way.
    Thanks man. Hopefully sooner than later.

Are people skiing/riding these as is or are you putting sno seal on them before taking them out?