Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    Just got a pair of the SX, stoked to try a glove again after about five years of mitten life. Quick question, does anyone use NikWax on the softshell back? Would I even need to for stormy CO days?
    I nikwax the leather and hit the softshell portion with silicone spray. I don't think it's necessary but might help on wetter days, but for CO probably not so important.

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of the RX gloves. Was skiing yesterday with my Hestra's and my fingers were cold, despite temps in the mid 20's. I guess after about 7 years or so, those gloves have lost their warmth function. Still in good shape, with o serious cuts or abrasions. Just don't have the warmth factor any more.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Didn't treat the softshell, used snoseal on leather (I know, blasphemy). First trial today in single digit temps, fingers were toasty! Great gloves, thanks for the excellent customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Tried out my new Spring gloves. Very comfortable, great fit and finish, and appear high quality bomber gloves as expected. Still a bit too warm for most of my ski touring needs. If I’m being critical, the dexterity isn’t quite up to expectations, and the liner material gets a bit sticky when I’m putting them on with damp hands. The same exterior, but with just a thin slippery liner would be perfect for my needs. I expect they’ll work great for touring in colder conditions, and for (as designed) milder lift serviced days.

Mrs MNIAW was fondling mine and said she had to have a pair.

RX Mittens

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a pair of the RX gloves. Was skiing yesterday with my Hestra's and my fingers were cold, despite temps in the mid 20's. I guess after about 7 years or so, those gloves have lost their warmth function. Still in good shape, with o serious cuts or abrasions. Just don't have the warmth factor any more.
    I had weird days where my fingers would be cold and temps didn't necessarily dictate they be so. Others it would be much colder and I'd be toasty. Same gloves each instance

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Just bought a couple pairs spring and with liner. Other than trying on and close inspection I haven't actually tried them out yet but the quality seems to be there for sure. FTP is still extending the discount promo so be sure to include it with your order.

Skied at Stowe today. Was 14* at the base when I started. Those mittens were like ovens. I'm impressed.

I’ve got kind of a tl;dr story but I want to throw out more props for FTPs great personal customer service. Those guys take the CS to the next level. It’s like shopping at the corner store. And the gloves are good shit too.

I wore my FTP bike gloves skiing today because I forgot my kinkos and they were great. Might have to keep that in mind for spring.

Spring glove and SX glove on the way. Can’t wait to see the new changes from my OG pair.
    Thanks for the Maggot discount FTP!

Polar mitts for the oldest human resources first pair of FTP's en route. Mucho gracias FTP

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I wore my FTP bike gloves skiing today because I forgot my kinkos and they were great. Might have to keep that in mind for spring.
    I like them as touring glove on the skintrack.

Was worried about my fingers freezing on a -15 to -20C resort day and sure enough my 2014-15 SX gloves kept my hands warm and toasty. Big ups FTP.
    27° 18°

Do the mittens have the individual fingers inside?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Nope, not on thr base models, not sure about the polar etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Too lazy to check the thread. I'd like to soften the leather on my new FTP gloves. Good treatment sauce rec?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Too lazy to check the thread. I'd like to soften the leather on my new FTP gloves. Good treatment sauce rec?
    take a shower with them on.

Mink Oil softens the leather while waterproofing as well.

In the market for some, but never subscribed to the thread for updates from MPPG. Now I'm in for every response here on out.
    Last edited by Hookster; 12-18-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    "Speed is your friend"

#1 Use them, they soften up as you break them in.
    #2 use FTP or Hestra conditioning stuff - both have worked well, soften, but also darken.

Yeah, jumping the gun a little. Softer after two days. Still a little difficult around pole straps.

Leather milk, chamberlains etc

Any sizing feedback. I'm between a M and an L on there chart as to be expected. Sometimes I where a large, sometimes a medium.

Thanks,
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Any sizing feedback. I'm between a M and an L on there chart as to be expected. Sometimes I where a large, sometimes a medium.

Thanks,
    James
    Probably large. I have short fingers with respect to palm size and medium sx glove fits perfect but my fingers touch the end of the gloves. Also have the rx mitten in medium which seems a little bigger than the glove, so you might be okay with medium mitts.

Go larger.