Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Have you tried these sport lover ski gloves? Very durable and warm gloves , I abuse them at work all the time.
    sport-lover.com/Ski-Gloves-c19.html

Wore mine for a day of sledding yesterday. -31 celsius at the truck and at least -20 up top and fingers stayed warm and dry all day! Best $50 I've ever spent on gloves. Handlebar warmers help too but my thumbwarmer isn't working so well and thumb kept warm.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post
    Me. I care because my FtP gloves were constrictively tight when I wore them on dog walks but I was informed that they would pack out a little bit. Like so tight that my fingers were cold.

I wear med flylow gloves and the med FtP gloves are now a perfect fit after wearing them inside for a while making fists and assorted gang signs.

I wore them riding yesterday and today and they performed well. Got above 30 and they were way too warm (obviously). Cold (9F to start) and snowy all day today and my hands didn't get cold.

I do think the back of the hand real estate is a little bare. Ok if you don't want to advertise your gear but a slightly bigger Ermine patch would be cool and pretty incognito. You can't see the little guy under your jacket and he might get lonely
    It all sounds logical to me. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Pair of large under cuffs for sale over here.
    Large under cuffs never worn beyond trying on. You pay the maggot deal price I'll pay USPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

1st day today and we're still locked in a cold front. at the ski hill fingers faired much better than my toes. my touring boots are normally warm but got the screaming barflys when they unthawed. fingers had a little nip once going up the lift but warmed in seconds when i took fingers out of finger holes that one time. definitely the best gloves I've had if they turn out as durable as they look

My "Free the Powder" gloves are size small and under the cuff. Small was a little tight when new but they have packed out nicely. I also think I have better dexterity with the smaller size. The under the cuff works for me because my coat has large cuffs. If my coat had small cuffs I would choose the gauntlet style.

Just tried my FTP gloves yesterday. I am size 11 in Hestra and these were a little snug, but as others say, they will pack out. All felt great and the construction looks and feels bomber. My one concern is the elastic cord around the gauntlet. I have had those go south quickly and lose their stretch. Seems that may be the weak link.

wore my gloves first time on Sun 28th, felt slightly too-tight with some tingly fingers first 15-30 mins then packed out fine, by end of day they were primo.

My kids love theirs, extolling their dextrousness.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Super cold windy day yesterday on the hill. Gloves were very warm and have packed out nicely. Only bummer is when I went to put them on in the morning, I went to unvelcro the leather cuff tab, short cuff glove, and the leather broke free from the stitching about half way. Looked like they just barely got purchase when sewing the tab. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Large under cuffs never worn beyond trying on. You pay the maggot deal price I'll pay USPS.
    Are now sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

2FUNKY - We are really sorry to hear that you have gloves with a QC problem. We will gladly replace those for you. We will PM you to get you squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by freethepowder View Post
    2FUNKY - We are really sorry to hear that you have gloves with a QC problem. We will gladly replace those for you. We will PM you to get you squared away.
    anyplace we can pick the gloves up in PC?

Quote Originally Posted by freethepowder View Post
    Boom! Got your pm, replied with my info. You guys have been super awesome to deal with and the fact that you are shipping replacements ASAP with return label just speaks volumes! You guys already replaced a pair that were too small and now this. Thank you for such awesome customer service!

FTP: My wife LOVES her mitts. Yesterday was a cold day in the Wasatch and she said her hands were toasty (not typical for her). Thanks for the great customer service!

man, just saw this thread. Sorry I missed the deals (and telemike's resale). I use the Marmot Ultimate Ski Glove and love them, but they're ridiculously expensive and mine are starting to show some wear. $59 is still a smoking deal, but I may hold off until I need them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I used mine twice so far - they seem to be performing the same as my mountain hardwear leather gloves.
    So, I'll take that level of performance for a great price!

I've snowsealed them once, but I think I'll do it again since I got a little darkening from water the first time out (probably missed a spot).
    A little bit of wear showing on the gauntlet cinch fabric loop (some fraying)...it seems a little early for that - i'll have to watch how that proceeds and report back.
    Comfort was good - they were tight when they arrived, but, having actually used them now, I think the fit will be just fine with more use. They were very comfortable during skiing.

On a side note, I tried nitrile gloves to see if the whole VB thing helped me have warmer hands. I think it did help in a noticeable way. I used them in the morning, and then ditched them for the afternoon to test the difference. The insides of the nitrile gloves were a little gross (ie, soaking wet) when I took them off a lunch, but I never really noticed while wearing them. It's kind of hard to believe how much my hands sweat when I never notice that vapor or dampness in my gloves when not using a VB glove liner. The afternoon session had my hands a little colder, but not uncomfortably so (meaning not a performance issue for the glove).

I like my full cuffs and they are extremely warm... almost mitts warm. I will say that the dexterity is not amazing... but still decent.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Thanks again for all your comments and support. We have decided to launch our Inventory Reduction Sale to make room for an expanded product line. We are offering all our gloves and mittens for $45 plus free shipping.

Thanks, Free the Powder Gloves

Just ordered a pair ...

i love supporting small enterprises.

How crazy warm and dextrous as fuck are the mittens?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    How crazy warm and dextrous as fuck are the mittens?
    I have been almost exclusively a mitten wearer for most of my ski life due to constant cold hands caused by poor circulation. And I spend most of my time in the backcountry using climbing skins, so mitten dexterity is very important to me.

So, my goal in designing our mittens was optimum dexterity. To do so:
    1) I made the wrists more form-fitted.
    2) I used stretchable, soft and grippy leather.
    3) I used 4-way stretch softshell fabric.
    4) I made the hands less roomy than your average mitten, which tend to be too short and too wide.
    5) I created a leather treatment that enhances the natural grip and dexterity of leather.

Free the Powder

I have worn my short-cuff gloves a bit now. Here's my $0.02, for whatever it's worth...

I like them pretty well. They are indeed warm, and dextrous. Whether or not they're dextrous as fuck I'm not prepared to state yet with certainty. Quality seems good so far.

My main comparison points are the standard long-cuff hestra gloves, and BD guide gloves. I got the Guides because the hestras aren't warm enough for me on the colder days (I don't understand why hestra uses insulation technology that appeared back when I was a cub scout…). I'd say that these FTP gloves are probably similar to, or maybe a bit warmer than, the BD guides. And probably more comfortable/dextrous. Yeah, it'd be nice to have a removable liner, but I assume that's part of what makes the Guides feel a little cumbersome and the FTP more pleasant.

I wear a 9 in Hestras. These FTP gloves fit just about perfectly. I forget what size BD gloves I have. The FTP don't have the saggy baggy I-guess-I-should-wear-liners-and-hope-they-add-some-warmth feel that my hestras have. They're snug, but pleasantly so.

My main critique is the uber-insulated cuff. I don't really see the point, and it makes for a constricted mess in my wrist area with the various sleeves (and maybe a watch) and stuff. If I was, for some reason, skiing in a t-shirt in a blizzard then the insulated cuff might be sweet. Or if it was so amazingly cold that my wrist was somehow getting cold through the various layers. But when t-shirt skiing, I prefer liquid warmth and I feel that the steeze of my airbrushed t-shirt is best complemented with some well-loved leather work gloves. And I don't usually rock that look in a blizzard. So anyway, I'd go with a thin cuff material myself.

I'm happy to have them in the quiver and don't know yet whether they'll be my main gloves for colder days. I do like the price. I picked 'em up on sale a little while back -- I forget which deal it was, but they're worth the list price in my opinion.

Just got mine, and they seem nice. Haven't taken them outside yet.

But why no idiot strap? Every gauntlet glove I've ever owned has one, I guess I never considered that these might not. I guess I can rig something up, but I still find that disappointing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

love the gloves, just ordered some mitts.

- they run a bit small, but do pack out a lot. i have a M/L hand and the L felt a bit tight at first, but packed out and feel great now

- the gloves are warm, but not warm enough for -20 (c) night skiing. but i doubt any glove can handle that.

-15 cross country skiing was fine. really dexterous!

I treated mine with Snoseal and it worked great although i've read it can harm the stitching. ordered some of their natural leather treatment for the mitts.

free the powder!!