Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    dexterity isn't the same...it just isn't
    hestra out-of-the-box dexterity is the industry leader
    that said, FTP do break in and are fantastic gloves
    Thanks for the quick response.. So if I *have* the money, worth it to just splurge on hestra? I just prefer to buy once and use for many many years, but don't want to overpay for a brand name.

if that is your critical glove need, sure

personally, i don't need to tie shoe laces when i'm skiing & FTP has been pretty great independent of price

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    if that is your critical glove need, sure

personally, i don't need to tie shoe laces when i'm skiing & FTP has been pretty great independent of price
    Gotcha, really appreciate the insight. One last q (as I pore over previous threads).. compared to Kinco 901 (or Flylow Ridge) these FTP are definitely a step up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bikefuturist View Post
    Gotcha, really appreciate the insight. One last q (as I pore over previous threads).. compared to Kinco 901 (or Flylow Ridge) these FTP are definitely a step up, right?
    5 steps up in dexterity, 3 steps up in style, 1/2 step back in warmth. Similar quality construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    5 steps up in dexterity, 3 steps up in style, 1/2 step back in warmth. Similar quality construction.
    Haha amazing :-) I guess an order of the Freeride Coyote is coming up shortly!

Free the Powder Gloves?

Looking to buy a pair of these.. compared to the Hestra Fall Line, how is the dexterity of the Freeride (which seems to be the most equivalent model). Cheers ski pals
    I’ve got a Hestra VCF size 11 and a FTP BC Glove size XL.
    The Hestra was dextrus as fuck from day one and just got better. Still awesome. Nice roomy fingers, but not sloppy. So well articulated it’s a wonder nobody else can even come close.
    The FTP was snug and not super dextrus. I’m 5’ 10” and it’s snug in me. As in, my fingertips touch the ends and it’s a bit too snug on each finger to get the circulation I want for warmth. 18 months of regular use and it hasn’t packed out at all. I’m not sure where this idea comes from that winter gloves are supposed to be tight. It doesn’t work for me.
    FTP is a great company, but Hestra is an entirely different category of quality.

Now, their bike gloves are fantastic. Best glove I’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

They do make them in different sizes. And yes, their bike gloves rule.

After struggling with cold fingers this year, I bought some FTP RX Pro Mittens. Feels like I've got a toaster oven on my hands...its so great to not have to deal with the fingers-slammed-in-a-door pain anymore, even when it was subzero earlier this week. It's a bit strange to have mittens versus gloves, but if you are on the fence I'd say go for it and dont look back.

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    ^^^this^^^
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Free the Powder Gloves?

Thanks for the quick response.. So if I *have* the money, worth it to just splurge on hestra? I just prefer to buy once and use for many many years, but don't want to overpay for a brand name.
    Have both — prefer the snuggness/dexterity of my Vertical Cut - hestras (9) vs 2017 or 2018 (forget what year I purchased) SX pro (large). The SX is warmer so on sub zero days I opt for the SX. However the Vertical Cuts have a membrane so when skiing in snain/rain they crush the FTP.

If I had to choose and had the cash — Hestras

Free the Powder Gloves?

Key part missing from this discussion of hestra vs ftp is durability. Agree hestra deserves the nod for dexterity but it pnwet maritime I’ve never had a pair of hestras make it past the 4 year mark. No matter how much sealant. Repeated wet out = eventual disintegration. I’ve only had ftp gloves in the mix past 3 years. But I can see them making it 5+ at less than half the cost.
    Last edited by SeatownSlackey; 02-07-2020 at 10:51 PM.

I like the FTP MTB gloves, but the stitching always comes undone prematurely near the fingertips. The fabric used there is weak and pulls out and your finger pops out the side. At least mine do. Has happened to 3pr so far.

Free the Powder Gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    I like the FTP MTB gloves, but the stitching always comes undone prematurely near the fingertips. The fabric used there is weak and pulls out and your finger pops out the side. At least mine do. Has happened to 3pr so far.
    Have you considered sizing up? My FTP mtb gloves are in year 4 and I can’t seem to kill them. The backing is a little thick, and I keep seeing the Handup style light gloves out there but my FTP keep rolling along. At $15, they’re really hard to beat.

Ok, peeps need to stop trying to compare FTP to Hestra as Hestra they are not. Are they 80-90% of a Hestra at a lot less money? Absolutely. I ski 90% of the time in my BC/now Spring gloves. Going on season 3 and showing no signs of death. They are extremely dexterous. Not sure how a moar dexterous glove would benefit me as they do everything i need them to extremely easy. I’ve fiddled with my cast system while wearing them with no issues. Now the RX would be a little bulky for that. For really fine work i just take the mother fuckers off.
    I’ve been rolling FTP since the inception and now have my glove quiver nailed down to the Spring glove and the lobstah clawz.
    As far as waterproofness, yeah, they kinda suck at that. I’m ok with that as my climate is on the dryer side of snow fall. Only wetted my gloves out a couple times in a few years. I prefer the breathability of no membrane. If that’s a concern, then look to the Hestra SkiLyft mentioned.
    For the price, FTP is the best glove i have found. Their customer service is top notch. I will be buying another set of Spring/BC gloves when mine finally die.
    As far as comparing them to Kinco, it’s comical, FTP killz Kinco.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Free the Powder Gloves?

Good deal ^

I have these and they work well for a lighter glove, got them for around $20 during one of their seemingly always 60% off sales. I like the elastic longer cuff.

https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/7140322...&color=Natural

The Hestra work gloves are good down to about 20F.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I’m a medium sized guy in an XL glove. And they don’t have an XXL.

They are properly sized. I'm really disappointed in FTP. I sent 2pr back in early January (both with the same problem), and their site stated up to 8 weeks to get back to me. They didn't even bother to reply, and I'm out the shipping too (1/2 the price of a pair of the gloves).

Just real bad taste in my mouth now. Not even the courtesy of a reply. I was keeping my mouth shut until I saw how they handled this situation, but they chose not to.

I used to recommend them to everyone, and my friends knew to give me a pair if they owed me a favor, etc. No more.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Have you considered sizing up? My FTP mtb gloves are in year 4 and I can’t seem to kill them. The backing is a little thick, and I keep seeing the Handup style light gloves out there but my FTP keep rolling along. At $15, they’re really hard to beat.

Seriously? You're complaining about not getting warranty service on $15 mountain bike gloves--even as you acknowledge they barely cost more than shipping? Did you contact them first before mailing them back?

Don't get me wrong, I love to see great service and I'm typically pretty hard on companies that don't provide it, but I gotta figure non-leather bike gloves are not a lifetime investment.

I’ve gotten great communication from FTP whenever I reach out to them.

Any codes still working? My sister wants to grab some for my niece.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Any codes still working? My sister wants to grab some for my niece.
    Also check the outlet section to save a few bucks on factory seconds.

Try MAG119

Quote Originally Posted by GimpToo View Post
    Try MAG119
    Yep.