Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26
    yes
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by exxun View Post
    Hey guys, I am thinking of replacing my Hestra Helis with this a RX3. As I live in Germany, I would like to know which size you would recommend for a Hestra Size 10 hand ? Is the spring glove light enough to be worn uphill ?
    I used the Hestra Seth Morrison 3 finger in a 10 and the FTP large fits well. The RX3 are a little longer In the finger, width is good.

I have stubby fingers though.

OK I have a complaint, is this the complaint Dept?

Today was a real good day. But I looked down at one point and notice the thumb on my left FTP Gauntlet Glove was shot. The leather and fabric interface tore.

I bought those gloves for like 25 dollars in 2013 and have used them at work stringing rope lines and doing general patrol scut work for 5 years and this is as good as they last????

I will be ordering a new pair dammit and they better last at least as long.

Thanks for making some great gloves.

FTP Advocate

I'd like to drop my reply here and advocate for the FTP gloves, been using them for three years as a patroller. Been through the rough of it and they still work fine with minimal wear surprisingly. Just need to maintain them with nikwax and they are good.

Had them on a super wet day and they stayed dry but I warn you not to keep them close to heat for too long. Had them close to a heater we have in our bump shack and they fried the DWR and some of the thumb threads but work fine again after a good conditioning. 10/10

I just Sno Sealed all 3 pairs of mine this morning.....bake/seal/bake......set for the rest of the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I just Sno Sealed all 3 pairs of mine this morning.....bake/seal/bake......set for the rest of the winter.

SnoSeal is the same I just did actually as well. I was under the impression you're not suppose to re-bake them after applying?

Hereís what Iíve been doing in the past with Kincos, Flylows, now FTP.....

-bake to warm gloves (150*- 5min.)
    -apply/rub in SnoSeal
    -bake again (150*- 5 min.)

After baking in...the SnoSeal is not sticky/gummy anymore...

Ahhh hmm maybe I'll give it a try next time I need to condition my Kincos or FTP's to bake them after. There was a little bit of a sticky/waxy feel to them at first but as soon as I used them that went away. Any idea on if this diminishes the effectiveness of the SnoSeal?

Not sure.....Iíve just been doing it this way cuz I read it somewhere years ago. I tend to put a lot of SS on....so it really would be too sticky....

FYI though....after baking the SS in, it definitely darkens the leather....which Iím ok with.

If you are on the fence, by FTP gloves. Their customer service is absolutely top notch. Better than Patagonia. Damn close to Freeride Systems (no one beats MiCol).

The best gloves out there. I have to get another pair of two for a quiver. Iím in my ďspring gloveĒ 9/10 days. Over 140 days in them so far. Great glove. Great price. Great cs

I was fortunate enough to have one a pair of free the powder gloves at this years BBI raffle( thank you so much to whoever donated them terrific cause this year btw). After wearing them on the hill 3 times now i am seriously impressed with these gloves. Yesterday was a combination of all kinds of PNWet snows. My 15k jacket and pants were soaked through but my hands were warm and dry. AMAZING! IF YOU ARE ON THE FENCE ABOUT PURCHASING A PAIR OF THESE GLOVES JUST COMMIT LIKE DROPPING INTO YOUR FAVORITE RUN.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Now that I've got quite a few days on my FTP's, here's what I'm thinking...

I got Polar Mitts and SX gloves.

Polar Mitts are fantastic - that is all. I wish I'd followed FTP's advice and sized up (my fingertips are right on the end at times). But it doesn't matter much. While it feels funny to wear mitts (haven't skied in mitts since I was a kid), they are super warm, for those super cold days (had more than usual this season) - first season in a while I've not had cold fingers on < 0'F days. No complaints, these things rock.

As for the SX's...little disapointed. The first few days, I loved 'em. But the first storm day, not so much. The main problem is that if my hand is even a little wet (i.e. any time I take them off for even a few seconds, on a storm day), they are almost impossible to pull on. The fleece liner grabs onto my wet skin like no glove I've ever had - annoying, minor wrestling match every time. The other frustration (again really only manifesting on storm days) is getting a seal between glove and jacket. I've not figured out a "setting" for the velcro on the jacket and/or gloves, that does not require re-working both, every time I put the gloves on (and the smunched-up liner, from struggling a wet hand into them, does not help!). Otherwise, the SX is a great balance of warmth vs dexterity, they seem really well made, and breathability is the best I've ever had in a warm glove (once I wrestle a wet hand in, they do dry out amazingly quickly).

I think the solution would be: 1) a smother face on the inside of the SX fleece liner (for the wet hand thing). 2) an elastic, knit cuff on the SX fleece liner (which would make fussing with getting a decent seal much less important, and also give something more to pull on, with teeth etc., to crank them onto a wet hand).

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Now that I've got quite a few days on my FTP's, here's what I'm thinking...

I got Polar Mitts and SX gloves.

Polar Mitts are fantastic - that is all. I wish I'd followed FTP's advice and sized up (my fingertips are right on the end at times). But it doesn't matter much. While it feels funny to wear mitts (haven't skied in mitts since I was a kid), they are super warm, for those super cold days (had more than usual this season) - first season in a while I've not had cold fingers on < 0'F days. No complaints, these things rock.

As for the SX's...little disapointed. The first few days, I loved 'em. But the first storm day, not so much. The main problem is that if my hand is even a little wet (i.e. any time I take them off for even a few seconds, on a storm day), they are almost impossible to pull on. The fleece liner grabs onto my wet skin like no glove I've ever had - annoying, minor wrestling match every time. The other frustration (again really only manifesting on storm days) is getting a seal between glove and jacket. I've not figured out a "setting" for the velcro on the jacket and/or gloves, that does not require re-working both, every time I put the gloves on (and the smunched-up liner, from struggling a wet hand into them, does not help!). Otherwise, the SX is a great balance of warmth vs dexterity, they seem really well made, and breathability is the best I've ever had in a warm glove (once I wrestle a wet hand in, they do dry out amazingly quickly).

I think the solution would be: 1) a smother face on the inside of the SX fleece liner (for the wet hand thing). 2) an elastic, knit cuff on the SX fleece liner (which would make fussing with getting a decent seal much less important, and also give something more to pull on, with teeth etc., to crank them onto a wet hand).
    I have the same problem with the sx, I'm hoping it settles in after a few more uses. Only used 3 days so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    OK I have a complaint, is this the complaint Dept?

Today was a real good day. But I looked down at one point and notice the thumb on my left FTP Gauntlet Glove was shot. The leather and fabric interface tore.

I bought those gloves for like 25 dollars in 2013 and have used them at work stringing rope lines and doing general patrol scut work for 5 years and this is as good as they last????

I will be ordering a new pair dammit and they better last at least as long.

Thanks for making some great gloves.

My wife had a pair of five year old mittens with probably 400 days on them and FTP happily repaired a spilt seam. We paid the outbound shipping, FTP paid to send them back, no charge.

best gloves i have ever used. 200+ days covering my digits with warmth and dexterous as stormy.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous