Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    This. Makes a huge difference, particularly when touring. In way below freezing temps, I tried one SX (short-cuff) glove on one hand and a pair of OG Kinco's on the other. The Kinco's felt a scotch warmer at first, but that changed after about 20 minutes - the SX were warm all day, and I think it's the breathability of the backing that does it.

My only (tiny) complaint about the SX is that I wish the cuff were tighter and made for a better seal against spindrift and me crashing -- more like the elastic cuff on the Kinco's that gives you a solid seal. MiCol, any chance of tweaking the cuff so that you get a better seal?
    Try tucking the whole glove under the sleeve then close the wrist velcro of your coat around the glove. You won't have anything exposed and gives you decent mobility with your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Try tucking the whole glove under the sleeve then close the wrist velcro of your coat around the glove. You won't have anything exposed and gives you decent mobility with your hands.
    I do that with all my gloves. It helps, but an elasticized cuff would complete the seal. And if you don't want to fiddle with sleeve velcro/closure, a good seal on the glove's cuff would make that fiddling unnecessary. Small tweak, but with that, the glove would be absolutely perfect for my preferences.

Quick shout-out for FTP MTB gloves. I love em. They're cheap, last 4x as long as Fox gloves, and they fit great.
    sproing!

MiCol, any chance of tweaking the cuff so that you get a better seal?
    I don't think MiCol has any association with FTP.....

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I don't think MiCol has any association with FTP.....
    Hahaha, you're totally right. I guess I just wish MiCol was running FTP too!
    sproing!

Hahaha, you're totally right. I guess I just wish MiCol was running FTP too!
    Now you put your foot in it twice, ha.

FTP has always treated me right just as is

Just got a pair of the SX, stoked to try a glove again after about five years of mitten life. Quick question, does anyone use NikWax on the softshell back? Would I even need to for stormy CO days?
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    Just got a pair of the SX, stoked to try a glove again after about five years of mitten life. Quick question, does anyone use NikWax on the softshell back? Would I even need to for stormy CO days?
    I nikwax the leather and hit the softshell portion with silicone spray. I don't think it's necessary but might help on wetter days, but for CO probably not so important.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Now you put your foot in it twice, ha.

FTP has always treated me right just as is
    word!

Chase&Shannon give mags gold glove treatment!
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of the RX gloves. Was skiing yesterday with my Hestra's and my fingers were cold, despite temps in the mid 20's. I guess after about 7 years or so, those gloves have lost their warmth function. Still in good shape, with o serious cuts or abrasions. Just don't have the warmth factor any more.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Didn't treat the softshell, used snoseal on leather (I know, blasphemy). First trial today in single digit temps, fingers were toasty! Great gloves, thanks for the excellent customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Tried out my new Spring gloves. Very comfortable, great fit and finish, and appear high quality bomber gloves as expected. Still a bit too warm for most of my ski touring needs. If I’m being critical, the dexterity isn’t quite up to expectations, and the liner material gets a bit sticky when I’m putting them on with damp hands. The same exterior, but with just a thin slippery liner would be perfect for my needs. I expect they’ll work great for touring in colder conditions, and for (as designed) milder lift serviced days.

Mrs MNIAW was fondling mine and said she had to have a pair.

RX Mittens

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a pair of the RX gloves. Was skiing yesterday with my Hestra's and my fingers were cold, despite temps in the mid 20's. I guess after about 7 years or so, those gloves have lost their warmth function. Still in good shape, with o serious cuts or abrasions. Just don't have the warmth factor any more.
    I had weird days where my fingers would be cold and temps didn't necessarily dictate they be so. Others it would be much colder and I'd be toasty. Same gloves each instance

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Just bought a couple pairs spring and with liner. Other than trying on and close inspection I haven't actually tried them out yet but the quality seems to be there for sure. FTP is still extending the discount promo so be sure to include it with your order.

Skied at Stowe today. Was 14* at the base when I started. Those mittens were like ovens. I'm impressed.

I’ve got kind of a tl;dr story but I want to throw out more props for FTPs great personal customer service. Those guys take the CS to the next level. It’s like shopping at the corner store. And the gloves are good shit too.
    I swear on my glass eye,

I wore my FTP bike gloves skiing today because I forgot my kinkos and they were great. Might have to keep that in mind for spring.

Spring glove and SX glove on the way. Can’t wait to see the new changes from my OG pair.
    Thanks for the Maggot discount FTP!

Polar mitts for the oldest human resources first pair of FTP's en route. Mucho gracias FTP

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I wore my FTP bike gloves skiing today because I forgot my kinkos and they were great. Might have to keep that in mind for spring.
    I like them as touring glove on the skintrack.

Was worried about my fingers freezing on a -15 to -20C resort day and sure enough my 2014-15 SX gloves kept my hands warm and toasty. Big ups FTP.
    21° 12°

Do the mittens have the individual fingers inside?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Nope, not on thr base models, not sure about the polar etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid