Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Ordered the Short Cuff Gloves for sweet Melissa & the SX Gloves for myself. Just wore my SX gloves for the first time today at Alta (37in storm total!) & love them. The design, materials & construction are bomber. The fit & finish are right on. They are very comfortable & very warm. The leather is so soft & grippy I can pick quarters up off a table. Made a jong move when ordering, forgot to add the waterproofing & ordered it seperately. Shannon noticed, emailed me, added the waterproofer to the glove order & re-funded the seperate order delivery fee. Great gloves & great service! Thanks Chase & Shannon!
    Last edited by Shredgar; 01-13-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Better wordz

^^^thats cool
    Anyone compare the warmth of regular short cuffs to the new sx's?
    Would also like a lighter weight touring glove as well, if they decide to make them

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Would also like a lighter weight touring glove as well, if they decide to make them
    Spent the afternoon touring in the sun with sweet Melissa today. Pulled the liners & the SX glove shells work well as a light touring glove. One glove to rule them all. I am very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Shredgar View Post
    Spent the afternoon touring in the sun with sweet Melissa today. Pulled the liners & the SX glove shells work well as a light touring glove. One glove to rule them all. I am very happy
    Yes yes. Gapped on that possibility. I like it

I bought a pair of XL gloves for myself and a pair of larges for a friend last season. I ended up giving both pairs away as I couldn't get my hand in the XL gloves. I always fit in XL sized gloves. I think their sizing is more than one size off. On the small end
    Last edited by Jethro; 01-14-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Just posting up - my short cuffs are awesome. Used them during our Tahoe cold spell. Warmer (and a bit bulkier) than my Hestra Seth. Fantastic glove in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I bought a pair of XL gloves for myself and a pair of larges for a friend last season. I ended up giving both pairs away as I couldn't get my hand in the XL gloves. I always fit in XL sized gloves. I think their sizing is more than one size off. On the small end
    What model? I usuallly wear xl gloves, but I fit perfect in the L short cuff. They break in and get slightly bigger after a few days

I'm pretty sure they were the short cuff glove. Possibly the SX glove, but I don't think I spent that much. My friends are pretty happy with the gloves I gave them.

I read the glove description. They were the short cuff gloves

Quote Originally Posted by freethepowder View Post
    Dear Mags,

Thank you very much for all the support. Thanks also to the Mags for answering questions about our gloves, especially those pertaining to the difference between the SX and original Short Cuff Glove. The SX has a more durable design, thicker leather, removable liners, micro-fiber thumbs to wipe your nose, and glove leashes. In regards to the question about the mountain bike gloves for backcountry winter use/hiking, they are specifically designed for maximum air flow, which means no water-proofing and not wind-resistant.

We have not chosen to go to production on spring/hike gloves due to our 100% focus on cold weather gloves, but we’re considering them for future production.

Thanks,

Free the Powder
    Just a bit of feedback. About 2/3rds of a season using a pair of your gloves for patrolling.

They are still warm and holding up well.

Thanks

According to the glove fit guide, the XL fits up to a 10" circumference around the knuckles. I'm about 9.5". I wonder if they could have been mis-tagged smaller gloves? I could not get my hand in them

Mags,

Thanks for all the feedback. We really appreciate it. As a long time backcountry skier who always has cold hands and requires dexterity to manipulate climbing skins, my primary focus on our first generation gloves was figuring out a design and materials to optimize warmth AND dexterity. That required all-stretchable materials that pack out a lot and a fairly aggressive, form-fitting wrist/cuff. But from extensive R & D field testing with some different materials and design, we came up with an improved design in our new X models that allows for a more relaxed fit with less bulk in the wrist, cuff and palm WITHOUT compromising dexterity, with better, thicker leather and a removable liner.

We are also about to release our first AL model, which has aggressive race/freeride padding. It is all-leather and will be our warmest glove. A lot of people have asked us about spring gloves: we are working on those. But I can tell you this much, our focus is on making them very tough, super dexterous and unlike most other spring gloves, they will not be black, which makes no sense to us for a glove designed to be worn in warmer, sunny conditions.

Thanks again for all the support.

Free the Powder

Thumbs up

Huge shout out to Free the Powder! Not only are their products high quality and affordably priced, FTP has to be one of the best customer service oriented companies I've ever done business with.

Personally, I'm a proud owner of multiple Free the Powder wears, and I've bought some others as gifts, so you probably can guess I'm already a fan.
    Personally, I have:
    -Long cuff gloves: were my everyday glove, now my snow blowing and general house winter work gloves
    -Long cuff mitts: my cold day go to option
    -SX gloves: my current every day option, excluding warm spring days
    -MXP gloves: mountain bike

Here's my customer service story... My wife, who loves her long cuff mitts, lost her right mitt in the PC parking lot over a week ago. Unfortunately, no one turned in the lost mitt (who keeps a single mitt anyway?!). So after checking lost & found for the last week with no luck, I contacted FTP on a whim. I asked if they might have a stray medium right mitt laying around, and as luck would have it, they did have one. They're now going to send the stray mitt free of charge! As a business they really didn't have to dig through old stock and send a single mitt my way; hell, they would have gotten another sale out of me if they didn't. However, they took the time, luckily found a stray mitt, and are sending it my way. I'd say that's top notch service!

I'll continue spreading high praise about FTP with whomever I come across.

Thank you Free the Powder!

Great gloves for the price. Only complaint is how well they (first generation gloves) absorb moisture, and how long they take to dry. Maybe not the best glove for pnw. I'm sure the more recent iterations are greatly improved.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Great gloves for the price. Only complaint is how well they (first generation gloves) absorb moisture, and how long they take to dry. Maybe not the best glove for pnw. I'm sure the more recent iterations are greatly improved.
    Interesting to hear. My n=1: I'm having no problems after a snoseal w/ gen 1 gauntlet glove

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Interesting to hear. My n=1: I'm having no problems after a snoseal w/ gen 1 gauntlet glove
    Agreed.

mine are still in the wrapper from last year and i was wondering about treatment i can buy locally. so snoseal would be good since i already have some.

Quote Originally Posted by freethepowder View Post
    Mags,

Thanks for all the feedback. We really appreciate it. As a long time backcountry skier who always has cold hands and requires dexterity to manipulate climbing skins, my primary focus on our first generation gloves was figuring out a design and materials to optimize warmth AND dexterity. That required all-stretchable materials that pack out a lot and a fairly aggressive, form-fitting wrist/cuff. But from extensive R & D field testing with some different materials and design, we came up with an improved design in our new X models that allows for a more relaxed fit with less bulk in the wrist, cuff and palm WITHOUT compromising dexterity, with better, thicker leather and a removable liner.

We are also about to release our first AL model, which has aggressive race/freeride padding. It is all-leather and will be our warmest glove. A lot of people have asked us about spring gloves: we are working on those. But I can tell you this much, our focus is on making them very tough, super dexterous and unlike most other spring gloves, they will not be black, which makes no sense to us for a glove designed to be worn in warmer, sunny conditions.

Thanks again for all the support.

Free the Powder
    I felt your XL short cuff gloves were too tight on me. I have Marmot, OR, and BD gloves in size XL which fit me ok. Sometimes finger length is an issue. I'd like to trace my hand and see how it conforms to your idea of an XL glove. On the flip side, I wear an Alpinestars xxxl supermoto glove for dirt biking, but wore their XL glove for years. It s SMS like glove sizing is all over the spectrum to me. PM me if you have any interest in account modating larger users

Another customer service bravo for Free The Powder. My wife has a pair of mittens that are at least three years old. A thread where the thumb meets the palm had started to unravel. We ski almost everyday, my wife 103 days last winter so these gloves are well worn. Sent FTP an email and they immediately responded, send them back and they will repair and send back NC as long as we pay the outbound shipping. FTP will pay for shipping them back. Sent them last Tuesday, they received them Thursday and Friday they were on their way back. Can't say enough about the quality, customer service and the great price for gloves / mittens of this quality. We are very satisfied customers.

are the new gloves any different from the original in regard to holding moisture? wicked_sick did you use snowseal or like product and how much of a difference will that make with moisture?

I ski baker where we get it all and I need a glove or mitt that is going to keep me dry and warm. love what I'm hearing but on the fence with these...

Quote Originally Posted by stolitonic View Post
    are the new gloves any different from the original in regard to holding moisture? wicked_sick did you use snowseal or like product and how much of a difference will that make with moisture?
    Thanks for reminding me. My new pair needs another coating. The old are doing much better.
    It was a non-heated application.

pulled the trigger. looking forward to warm hands for once. thanks alpy!

I picked up a pair of gloves last week and can't wait to give them a try. Really impressed with the quality.

[QUOTE=bigdude2468;4929940]Another customer service bravo for Free The Powder. My wife has a pair of mittens that are at least three years old. A thread where the thumb meets the palm had started to unravel. We ski almost everyday, my wife 103 days last winter so these gloves are well worn. Sent FTP an email and they immediately responded, send them back and they will repair and send back NC as long as we pay the outbound shipping. FTP will pay for shipping them back. Sent them last Tuesday, they received them Thursday and Friday they were on their way back. Can't say enough about the quality, customer
    service and the great price for gloves / mittens of this quality. We are very satisfied customers.[/QUOTE

Replying to my own post, we received the glove back. OMG, Free The Powder is more than awesome, they are the absolute best. Don't even think about getting a different brand of gloves / mittens, you will not be disappointed.

I was given a pair of gloves a couple years ago as a gift. They are awesome. They felt like they fit a bit tight at first but have now formed to my hands and are the finest gloves I have owned. I was given a pair of their bike gloves last year and although they were too warm in summer for fall riding they are the bomb. Almost every ride involves some degree of trail work pulling blowdowns or branches off the trail and these have stood up to the abuse. Great products.