2015 Chevy/gmc mid size truck review

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2014/09...ons-video.html

...since PR is all about sports cars, trucks, and superfluous breasts.

I was really looking forward to the Chevy Colorado but after test driving the new twin turbo V6 F150 I'm finding it hard to commit to anything else.

http://www.caranddriver.com/ford/f-150

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    I was really looking forward to the Chevy Colorado but after test driving the new twin turbo V6 F150 I'm finding it hard to commit to anything else.

http://www.caranddriver.com/ford/f-150
    Are the 2015 models at the dealers yet? Definitely looking to test drive one ...

Yeah I figured the alu F150 topic had already been beaten to death here so didn't mention it. New 150 not at lots yet but soon. Dealer staff getting trained on them now apparently.

For parking inside smallish garages, city parking and dirt road adventures, some buyers will prefer something slightly smaller and cheaper than a 4wd f150. Others will say Hell if the mpg is similar, go with the penis enhancer full size.

Test drove the 2015 Denali XL. Beast mode, but just doesn't look right to me.
    They f'd up the design on the XL. The normal Denali looks great.
    We have a 2010 Denali, and it just looks so much better.

We couldn't justify the added cost for 2 extra ft of space. Buying a Thule Rocket Box instead, the big one.
    The interior of the 2015 line is sick though. The Sierra Denali package was drool worthy too.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnHard View Post
    Are the 2015 models at the dealers yet? Definitely looking to test drive one ...
    No.
    I have family connections in Detroit and lucked out.
    Go test a '14, same ride but '15 is a bit tighter, better torque, haul, and mpg.

What is tow capacity on that twin turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post

We couldn't justify the added cost for 2 extra ft of space. Buying a Thule Rocket Box instead, the big one.
    The interior of the 2015 line is sick though. The Sierra Denali package was drool worthy too.
    I agree with everything you said. I just am coming off a long term rental of a 2012 Suburban (yeah, I know it's not exactly a Denali) for some long-milage hauls from Labor Day on with the fam. I was blown away that the interior was basically the same as our family's old 2000 Chevy G20 Explorer Conversion van.

Please tell me they updated the bin-box electronics that haven't been changed since forever on those new ones. Not that I'm in the market for a big American truck anytime soon, but they do serve a purpose...

/classic page 1 threaddrift
    I still call it The Jake.

The Colorado intrigues me, but I'm waiting for the diesel's release to form my opinion. If it gets mid-30s for mpg, consider me a customer. The current 4 and 6 cylinder model's mileage just doesn't impress me that much considering how good their full size trucks with V-8s do.

Drove a 2015 Tahoe for a few weeks. Dash is a little busy but overall interior is much improved compared to years' past. It's pimp.

What is tow capacity on that twin turbo?
    More speed than capacity.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2015-fo...-3-5l-v-6-too/

The test involved towing 7000-pound trailers for three miles to the top of Arizona’s Davis Dam Road—the same road used as a basis for the SAE J2807 towing test, which Ford will adopt with the 2015 truck—with 4×4 Crew Cab models equipped with either 3.73:1 or 3.92:1 axle ratios. The F-150 beat the Ram by more than 40 seconds during each of three runs and the Silverado by about six seconds twice (Ford admitted losing to Chevy by a similar amount in that pairing’s third run.) Speed aside, the 2.7-liter F-150 carries a maximum towing rating of 8500 pounds, which trails the 11,200 pounds of the 5.3-liter Crew Cab Silverado and the 9200 of the Ram EcoDiesel.

I priced at 2015 Denali XT for fun (and cuz Mrs Cruiser hates driving the Excursion despite the fact that it was the OG beast mode family truckster). That sucker came in at ~$73k. Holy shit. And it looks like the Ford Flex's doppelganger. Crazy
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

73k for a gmc vehicle is retarded.