Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    No, they apparently were not. PG&E admitted they had a line go down at the start location and time. Looked to be basically right at the geothermal plant.

Swain saying on Twitter that the confluence of wind and humidity he's seeing in the models for Sunday early AM are record-breaking in some spots.

Here's the next possible PSPS map. Big.
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/View/ind...cbd813fdc80f4f

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Time for the state to exercise eminent domain and take over PGE. Given the debts the state would be assuming cost should be zero.

Ooof. 60+ mph gusts; seems really bad.

Shits getting a bit real. The mandatory and evacuation warning area in Sonoma county is pretty big, and I believe all of these areas will be having their power shutoff if they haven’t already.

I just filled another jug of av fuel to reduce the # of trips I need to take to the airport. We’ve reached out to local friends w/o power offering a reprieve. Already a bit windy at the grass valley airport.

My mom and sis are bugging out to Tahoe. They aren't in the mandatory evacuation zone but want power and clean air. Crazy that the warning zone for the Kinkaid fire now goes all the way to the coast. That's almost 40 miles.

Apparently a mandatory evacuation has now been issued for the entire lower Russian river valley, per friends in forestville. It’s pre-emptive due to the forecasted winds and planned power outage

Getting windy in The Bay.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Man, vibes going out to California again. Fuck. Welcome to the Pyrocene Age.

https://www.wired.com/story/kincade-fire/

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

I’m my hood last night, 2 trees fell about a mile apart, blocking the main road for leaving my neighborhood in either direction, ie the main evacuation routes were blocked for my entire neighborhood. Overnight about half of our trees in leaf before the winds started are now naked. Debating whether to rake/blow now or wait until the wind event is over. Our recent raking has uncovered some fun mushrooms. Dripshit trump would be proud.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2107.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	299609

102 mph wind just recorded in Sonoma

Fires on both sides of the Carquinez strait closed I80 into the Bay Area. These sound like relatively small fires--so far- so hopefully contained soon.

You can watch the Kincade fire on webcams here: http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html

Click on 'St helena North', the pic is updated every 10 seconds. Currently watching a wall of fire approach a winery. Then again, it kinda looks like a sunflare....either way the fire is right near a structure.

So yesterday was pretty nuts, eh? CalOES and CalFire's mutual aid system is sooooo good. Props to them.

Southland turn. Wednesday is looking crazy scary down South.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Southland turn. Wednesday is looking crazy scary down South.
    I grew up in the Getty Fire mandatory evacuation zone, and even lived there as recently as three years ago. The chaparal is very thick in those canyons. Last big fire there was in 1978.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

It's crazy here - everyone walking around (if out at all, streets are empty) wearing masks because the air is thick with smoke and ash. The new normal

My buddy sold $40000 in generators in grass valley yesterday. Other friend had to evacuate the hotel he manages. Stay safe.

I'm guessing if I had a trip planned to Windsor on 11/7 I probably ought to bag it. Sorry for everyone going through the fires right now.

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik View Post
    It's crazy here - everyone walking around (if out at all, streets are empty) wearing masks because the air is thick with smoke and ash. The new normal
    How is the wind? LA Times's (The Daily Lies) active fire map shows that the leading edge of the main fire has crossed Mandeville Cyn. and may may be converging on upper Westridge.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

It was windy as fuck in Bear Valley yesterday. Power is still out but no fire up here
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    My buddy sold $40000 in generators in grass valley yesterday. Other friend had to evacuate the hotel he manages. Stay safe.
    Friend of mine reported that the REI in Corte Madera was sold out of headlamps, flashlights, and batteries early last week.

My folks live in Napa and thus far have only been affected by the power outages. They were going to Berkeley Rep yesterday to see a play and had to be diverted through Benicia/Contra Costa area as 80 through Vallejo was shut for those fires.

I traveled down to Rocklin Saturday evening and it looked like Colfax was without power, but Auburn and the surrounding burgs visible from 80 seemed to still have power.

I came home yesterday and it was incredibly windy in the corridor just east of Colfax up until Emmigrant Gap. I actually feared that my truck was gonna blow off the hwy a few times.

Rather tame here in Truckee, though. Just cold with minimal wind (though there was a lake wind advisory for Saturday through Sunday).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Posting in support of all of you in Cal.

Scary stuff, these fires kinda make me half wish I was there being involved and half glad I’m out of the wildland fire game because these big gnarly urban Cal fires are so much uglier than anything I dealt with in my career.

Vibes. Stay smart, stay mobile.

Fire came within 1.5 miles of my mom/sisters house last night in the shiloh Rd area. Seems safe for now. Tomorrow night is going to be a nail bighter though with yet another wind event. At least if it survives the week they'll have a hell of a fire break on all sides. Tubbs fire having burned everything to the South and East then this one now burning all the stuff to the North and the urban 101 corridor to the west.

My sister in law is in Mill Valley. No power for the past few days. She says everyone in Marin is driving to the city for coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    She says everyone in Marin is driving to the city for coffee.
    Shit just got real.

Jesting aside, this is crazy af. Sister in law's building in Santa Monica was evacuated yesterday. Hoping the Getty Center has some fireproof vaults. Vibes to California mags and friends.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    My sister in law is in Mill Valley. No power for the past few days. She says everyone in Marin is driving to the city for coffee.
    So Marin county peeps don't have Coleman stoves apparently..