Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Michigan Wolf Haters: Fuck Off And Die.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/...michigan-year/

DETROIT (AP) — In an expected move, officials with Michigan's Natural Resources Commission confirmed Thursday there won't be a gray wolf slaughter this year.
    Commissioner John Matonich said at a meeting in Lansing that the commission lacks the authority to set another slaughter. The seven-member panel appointed by the governor is awaiting results of two referendums on the November ballot aimed at repealing legislation making the wolf a game species and giving the panel the authority to make such designations.

A third, citizen-initiated measure overriding the referendums and backing the wolf hunt was approved by lawmakers last month, but it won't take effect until March.

Matonich said he asked the Department of Natural Resources to update the state's Wolf Management Plan and review statistics related to the killing of dogs and cattle by wolves.

The DNR, which advises the commission, has argued in favor of tightly regulated wolf hunts.

The battle over the hunt began in 2012, when the combined gray wolf population of Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin was dropped from the federal endangered species list. The wolves had bounced back strongly after disappearing from most of the Great Lakes region in the last century mostly due to scared pud faggots killing them off.

With federal protections removed, each state was put in charge of managing its wolves. Minnesota and Wisconsin have moved forward with extermination. The Michigan Legislature followed with the hunt-enabling laws in 2012 and 2013.

Opponents gathered enough petition signatures to put both the measures on the ballot this fall. But they weren't able to prevent the commission from permitting a slaughter last year, during which 22 wolves were murdered by faggot Fudds. The Department of Natural Resources in April estimated the population at 636.

Even if voters repeal the earlier laws, the measure approved in August will remain in effect.

Jer, wasssup mang?

Wolves are kewl, they kill things and eat them.
    watch out for snakes

If I have to choose, my pup or livestock and a hungry wolf, I shoot the wolf.

What is the problem?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Got in an argument with a guy over wolf hunting the other day. He was adamant that all teh wolves were destroying the elk populations. He didn't believe me about the before and after effects of wolf reintroduction in Yellowstone. I told him about the wolves I hear at night on occasion, the ones I've seen, and how there are still plenty of elk to go around. Some people seem to think that a few measly wolves even make a dent in the elk herds versus the thousands upon thousands of hunters that go out every season.

So let me get this straight. Hunting = good for elk/deer populations because of proper herd management, but wolves = bad? Plus, don't hunters typically go after the biggest, most badass specimen around, whereas the predators usually take out the nasty, sickly, too old, or too slow animals that hunters wouldn't want anyhow? Which is really better for good wildlife management? I'm not anti-hunting at all. In fact, I'm all for it and love elk meat, but not so sure about the anti-wolf crowd. Funny how when wolves, bears, cougars and more used to have this place all to themselves, there were millions upon millions of head of bison, elk, etc. when Lewis and Clark were first running around out here. So hunters, who has had more impact on the elk populations? Wolves or mankind?

That being said, I think it's ok for a rancher to protect his livestock, but that's different than letting hunters go nuts on anything on public lands.

Fuck wolf hunters.

What is a "scared pud faggot"?

If wolves were to get to the population of deer would you be ok with hunting them? I know it'll never happen because of things like reality but I'm just curious.

Please sabotage these people to the fullest extent. We are on Wolf land, not vice versa.

I am anti-wolf slaughter.

i'm not sure i'm seeing the problem here, 22 out of 650.
    who cares? you live in one of the reddest of all states, what do you expect?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Man...I bet RiseToTheTop is pretty devastated...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    How about some details on that little club.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Got in an argument with a guy over wolf hunting the other day. He was adamant that all teh wolves were destroying the elk populations. He didn't believe me about the before and after effects of wolf reintroduction in Yellowstone. I told him about the wolves I hear at night on occasion, the ones I've seen, and how there are still plenty of elk to go around. Some people seem to think that a few measly wolves even make a dent in the elk herds versus the thousands upon thousands of hunters that go out every season.

So let me get this straight. Hunting = good for elk/deer populations because of proper herd management, but wolves = bad? Plus, don't hunters typically go after the biggest, most badass specimen around, whereas the predators usually take out the nasty, sickly, too old, or too slow animals that hunters wouldn't want anyhow? Which is really better for good wildlife management? I'm not anti-hunting at all. In fact, I'm all for it and love elk meat, but not so sure about the anti-wolf crowd. Funny how when wolves, bears, cougars and more used to have this place all to themselves, there were millions upon millions of head of bison, elk, etc. when Lewis and Clark were first running around out here. So hunters, who has had more impact on the elk populations? Wolves or mankind?

That being said, I think it's ok for a rancher to protect his livestock, but that's different than letting hunters go nuts on anything on public lands.
    What would you call the N. Yellowstone Elk herd that went from 20k head down to under 4k in about 5 years. This herd does not live entirely in the Park either, mainly the Absaroka range. Proven it was the Wolf that decimated that herd as with others. Also hunters are opportunistic, meaning they will kill what is presented, several studies on that. Plus you can manage a herd more precisely with hunters, again, proven. Wolves are opportunistic, taking down anything that crosses their path, sick or healthy.

I am NOT for eradication, but I AM for population control of the Wolf. I just love the Elk,Deer/Moose/Sheep more than Wolf. I could care less to see a Wolf, unless during season with a tag! Watched plenty since I lived on multiple park entries, much rather see ungulates.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Awesome! Thought crass and his neo Nazi buddies had hunted you down.

spook Guest
    Yeah, a world without predators is awesome. That's why the u.s. fucks so much up.

I had a dream about running into a pack of wolves last night. It didn't end well for the wolves.

It would be one thing if this so called "re-introduction" actually was introducing the same, or similar species as once lived here. Bringing in a completely different, much larger species is something completely different.

Smoke a pack a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    How about some details on that little club.
    Hunt Saboteurs Association

uhh farmer, same species....

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    I had a dream about running into a pack of wolves last night. It didn't end well for the wolves.

It would be one thing if this so called "re-introduction" actually was introducing the same, or similar species as once lived here. Bringing in a completely different, much larger species is something completely different.

Smoke a pack a day.
    You had a dream about killing a pack of wolves...fucking loser

I would buy a hunting permit for wolf hunters. Would love to have two fat, white trash heads mounted above the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I would buy a hunting permit for wolf hunters. Would love to have two fat, white trash heads mounted above the mantle.
    You are ok with killing people but not an animal? You put an animals life above humans? You really need to be in a Mental Hospital, that's fucked up.

Open season on wolves is not an effective "management" strategy. Unleashing anonymous dudes on random deer might kinda work for deer but deer don't roll in packs or have a social hierarchy.

Here's the deal - and I'm not talking about just wolves here: man has got to stop looking at Nature as a resource to be exploited and start looking at it as something that exists in it own merit. I'm not some hippy faggot screaming that we're destroying the Earth maaaan - the Earth will be fine long after humans - but we are fucking it up for ourselves. I'm not even talking about future generations bullshit - I mean right now.

DasCunt - half the people here refer to you as DasCunt instead of the lame name you gloss yourself with and you're asking ME what the problem is?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    You are ok with killing people but not an animal? You put an animals life above humans? You really need to be in a Mental Hospital, that's fucked up.
    I like almost all animals more than almost all humans.

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    uhh farmer, same species....
    Rocky Mountain Timber wolf vs MacKenzie Valley Grey wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.